Saw this tweeted from Michael Clewley

http://www.bdlive.co.za/businesstime...-comeback-plan

It says in the article that there have been 6m OS10 devices shipped and 1m Z10 shipped in a single month.

Posted via CB10
    Acumenight likes this.
    04-21-13 08:57 AM
    Love my z10 but it has a ways to go yet. Hope BB makes it happen sooner than later. Go BB!
    Canadarrryl likes this.
    04-21-13 09:52 AM
    Great article, nice find

Posted via CB10
    04-21-13 12:33 PM
    things are lookign goof for next quarters earnings report GO BBRY GO
    04-21-13 01:55 PM
    If the writer is referring to the report from BBRY last month then i think they got it wrong. 6m devises were shipped not 6m OS10 devises.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9860 using Tapatalk
    richardat and Scott Lefebvre like this.
    04-21-13 03:17 PM
    If the writer is referring to the report from BBRY last month then i think they got it wrong. 6m devises were shipped not 6m OS10 devises.

I believe you are correct .... only 1 million Z10s shipped
    04-21-13 03:53 PM
    An article written by someone who can't read.
    richardat likes this.
    04-21-13 04:07 PM
    The writer hasn't got a clue! Most egregious article I've seen in a long time. Thinking there were 6 million OS10 devices shipped, and 1 million z10's, isn't a subtle misread, or the wrong interpretation of an ambiguous statement. It is a blatant error which could also be commited only with a complete ignorance regarding their products.
    04-21-13 04:35 PM
    Is it? There are a couple analyst reports of increased production to over two million devices a month. Perhaps just a million Z10's is his typo...the good news is we all get to find out in a couple months at the next ER.

Posted via CB10
    04-21-13 05:41 PM
    I've actually sent an email to the writer to see if I can get any clarification. I was surprised to read those numbers and I double checked the date on the article. It's possible they have more recent numbers - although it seems a stretch that they would be the same as the previous numbers given and just the OS being different.
    04-21-13 06:38 PM
    I've actually sent an email to the writer to see if I can get any clarification. I was surprised to read those numbers and I double checked the date on the article. It's possible they have more recent numbers - although it seems a stretch that they would be the same as the previous numbers given and just the OS being different.
    ????? They don't have any more recent numbers. Clearly the 1 million is from the report, and they specifically reference the sell through ratios. If BB had "said earlier this month" that it had now sold 6 million z10's, yes, it would be a coincidence - and I have the feeling some of us just might have heard about it! LOL. Nor would be "even more remarkable", that they sold 1 million previously!

The writer is absolutely clueless.
    04-21-13 07:28 PM
    Highly doubtful they would have more recent numbers given how much of a secret bbry has kept their data.

richardat likes this.
    04-21-13 08:16 PM
    The grammar error in the title of the article tells me that this website and review are not credible whatsoever.
    richardat likes this.
    04-21-13 08:32 PM
    the article may no be true but lets look at some info we have been given, in india tehre was only 2 days in Q4 and we heard that they sold out quickly and had to increase their production 40% we then head about the 1 million Z10 order, the US launch which was said to sell 300k the fist weekend and then we heard verizon sold 200k (which apparently is where the 1 million came on behalf of) their first week, thats not includion the other areas that the Z10 was launched in since last quarter, the numbers may be scewed a little but they may very well be in the few plus million sold shipped since launch since we know that in Q4 they shipped 1 million. we could be lookign at 4 million so far and we don't know if the Q10 has been shipped out as we are getting word that its getting ready to launch withing the next week and a half and pre orders are apparently stronger then the Z10.

this is an article from today so it may very well be true if not pretty close to it
    Vorkosigan and Shanerredflag like this.
    04-21-13 10:07 PM
    Ah well. Had a feeling it was too good to be true. Lol.

Response from writer:

Hi

Oh no, mistake.

It should be: "...shipped six million BlackBerry smartphones. More remarkably, its next-generation Z10 touch-screen smartphone, which runs the new operating system, has shipped a million units in a single month since its launch."

Six million smartphones = both OS7 and OS10 devices.

Errors introduced during editing.

Will correct the online version of the review. Many thanks for reading.

Moyagabo

Posted via CB10
    04-22-13 06:18 AM