I think that developers who want to make money should look into making apps for BB10. And do it quickly. I feel the first apps that fill needs for BB customers may become very lucrative and push them ahead of 'established' apps who's developers are taking their time.

I will tip toe through this next statement, because I don't want to offend, but one of the reasons is....

Blackberry users are used to paying money for apps that are terrible.

There, I said it.

Mind you, NOT ALL OF THEM! Don't yell at me BB developers. But, when I had the 9930, I was app-starved, and I spent a lot of money on downright crap. BB users are used to paying for most apps. Make a decent app, charge a decent price, it will sell...maybe millions. As opposed to Android...make a decent app, put it in the Play store for FREE, no one notices it, you make a few cents from ads running on it.

Speed is of the essence though. The established apps are coming, with their sticker price of $0.00 (and however they make money, I don't know)
    02-28-13 08:14 PM
    Do not think it is just BB who will fork out for "crappy" apps...... I know I have on My Ipad.......
    02-28-13 08:19 PM
    Do not think it is just BB who will fork out for "crappy" apps...... I know I have on My Ipad.......
    So you're saying bb users will fork out for bad apps on any platform? ;-)
    02-28-13 08:27 PM
    I've been saying this since BB10 was announced. It is a no brainer. I tried to recruit friends and family with programming skills as I have none. no one listens. oh well.
    02-28-13 10:02 PM
    Thats why I am developing for BB. :-) ...and learning and hoping to improve my coding skills and apps in the process. Blackberry loves its developers like no other platform.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Crackberry Tapatalk Forum app
    02-28-13 10:06 PM
    I've been saying this since BB10 was announced. It is a no brainer. I tried to recruit friends and family with programming skills as I have none. no one listens. oh well.
    On a serious note, it is not an easy call. I have talked to a few developers about it as well. Remember, you're talking about a userbase starting from ZERO(!!) Even if you have the field to yourself, it's a tiny field indeed. It certainly is not easy for the little player to develop say, large social network apps....so that kind of thing is difficult, especially knowing that if the platform did takeoff, and you started to see real money, and perhaps start to make back your investment, that the big guys would be then sweeping in fast to shut you out. All of these are factors to consider.
    02-28-13 10:54 PM