Hi, I used a Q10 for about a year, bought a Z10 from a colleague yesterday (couldn't resist the good offer). Anyways, charged it, set it up, after 5 hours the full battery was at 20%..... checked this forum, and found some info's regarding SD card might drain the battery and apps running in the background...... Changed the permissions of all the apps and removed the SD card, charged it over night and took it off the charger in the morning. After 11 hours, 4 phone calls and several text_messages and emails I am still at 75%. Awesome! I need it to run through a full day without recharge and this seem not to be a problem! Love that Z10!
    01-10-15 06:01 PM
    I wish you the best of luck with that venture

Send from the amazing powers of the  Z30
    01-10-15 06:03 PM
    Never heard the one about the memory card, great stuff !! Enjoy

Sent from the device that works best for me using Tapatalk HD
    01-10-15 06:37 PM
    The z10 battery is not as bad as some people on here make it out to be. No, it isn't as good as the q5/q10/z30, but turning off all the crap you don't need on all the time helps extend the battery.

Posted via CB10
    01-10-15 08:34 PM
    Hi, I used a Q10 for about a year, bought a Z10 from a colleague yesterday (couldn't resist the good offer). Anyways, charged it, set it up, after 5 hours the full battery was at 20%..... checked this forum, and found some info's regarding SD card might drain the battery and apps running in the background...... Changed the permissions of all the apps and removed the SD card, charged it over night and took it off the charger in the morning. After 11 hours, 4 phone calls and several text_messages and emails I am still at 75%. Awesome! I need it to run through a full day without recharge and this seem not to be a problem! Love that Z10!
    Can you elaborate on that permissions thing a bit? What did you change? Disable "run in background" / headless mode?

I can't take the SDcard out. Too much data and stuff to fit onto 16GB on-board memory. The Porsche P'9982 (Z-model with 64GB internal) would be such an upgrade... :-)

�   A berry good start and God's blessing to all in 2015 ...   �
    01-10-15 08:38 PM
    Posted via CB10
    01-10-15 09:48 PM
    The z10 battery is not as bad as some people on here make it out to be. No, it isn't as good as the q5/q10/z30, but turning off all the crap you don't need on all the time helps extend the battery.

Posted via CB10
    Yes, the battery life of the Z 10 is as bad as some people on here make it out to be.

Posted using my Z10
    armanatron likes this.
    01-10-15 10:28 PM
    The thing with Z10 is the battery has a mind of its own. Some days I get phenomenal battery life and some days its crap. I always pretty much use the phone in the exact same way.

Either way, if you're gonna be out for extended periods, just keep a spare battery around.

I love the Z10. Got myself a brand new Z30 during the last sale and I haven't even used it yet. The Z10 is just too awesome to stop using.

Powered by Z10
    drkpitt likes this.
    01-10-15 10:40 PM
    I have to say that my Z10 battery has been very good. On par with my spouses iPhone 5. It may have been a later production model? It is a STL100-3. It has a sd card. I do have an app taskmaster that tells me what apps are open. Not that I check often. There are after market large batteries that one could get on ebay...perhaps Mugen?
    01-11-15 02:02 AM
    Lol, almost 2 years later and people are still trying to offer up battery tips for the Z10. Its hopeless. Its a dead phone for BB and the battery on it sucks.
    01-11-15 08:27 AM
    I have configured my settings that allows me to get 10-12 hours (pretty much the time I'm usually out on the road). Not sure how people are configuring their z10, but it sure isn't efficient.
    01-11-15 09:00 AM
    Lol, almost 2 years later and people are still trying to offer up battery tips for the Z10. Its hopeless. Its a dead phone for BB and the battery on it sucks.
    Nah man. The Z10 is still a great phone. Some people have great battery life with it. I know I do.

Powered by Z10
    01-11-15 09:09 AM
    Its a dead phone for BB and the battery on it sucks.
    I disagree that it's a dead phone for BlackBerry. I bought my z10 last July after a significant bit of consideration and its availability at a good price. It's a good advertisement for BlackBerry and BB10 OS. If I would have had to pay twice what I did and knowing the somewhat precarious situation BlackBerry found itself in, I wouldn't have bothered. Now I could see myself buying BlackBerry again in future, possibly willing to shell more out as well.
    01-11-15 09:16 AM
    I disagree that it's a dead phone for BlackBerry. I bought my z10 last July after a significant bit of consideration and its availability at a good price. It's a good advertisement for BlackBerry and BB10 OS. If I would have had to pay twice what I did and knowing the somewhat precarious situation BlackBerry found itself in, I wouldn't have bothered. Now I could see myself buying BlackBerry again in future, possibly willing to shell more out as well.
    Dead meaning they don't sell it anymore.
    01-11-15 09:17 AM
    Dead meaning they don't sell it anymore.
    It's still available:

https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=qEF8_G76
    01-11-15 09:20 AM
    Glad u like it but u shouldn't have to change permissions and remove my SD card (I'm not doing that) just to get 11 hours out of this phone (which I rarely achieve). Can't wait to get a new phone just because of the battery life of my Z10

Posted via CB10
    01-11-15 10:11 AM
    Yes, the battery life of the Z 10 is as bad as some people on here make it out to be.

Posted using my Z10
    Well mine isn't. Turn off the crap you don't need at any one time.

Posted via CB10
    01-11-15 10:33 AM
    Well aren't you a ray of sunshine.

Posted via CB10
    01-11-15 10:34 AM
    The thing with Z10 is the battery has a mind of its own. Some days I get phenomenal battery life and some days its crap. I always pretty much use the phone in the exact same way.

Either way, if you're gonna be out for extended periods, just keep a spare battery around.

I love the Z10. Got myself a brand new Z30 during the last sale and I haven't even used it yet. The Z10 is just too awesome to stop using.