Here are some ads I came across as i was checking out Nfl.com looks like they are starting to ramp up the ads

02-02-13 02:21 PM
    this is really too bad they are not lauching in the United States now. They will lose a bit of momentum between noww and march.

I think the only way around this is to have the exact date for each carrier on the commercial. Then the consumer would know exactly how long they would be waiting
    02-02-13 02:38 PM
    I sort of agree, but if they advertise like this throughout major websites, it may work....
    02-02-13 04:50 PM
    Check out gsmarena.com as well. The whole site is like one big Blackberry10 advert. :P
    02-02-13 05:42 PM
    As soon as the carriers have firm launch dates, the ads should run as countdown ads...to "pump up the volume" and generate some lineups.
    02-02-13 09:37 PM
    people keep commenting that blackberry will LOSE momentum between now and March.
    what if.....it's the OPPOSITE?

what if, they spend the whole month BUILDING momentum? re-establishing their brand and creating a new image for themselves.

IMO, the month wait is a good thing.
    much like, when the Beatles were a world-wide sensation before coming to America, the anticipation for the Z10 will create "BlackBerryMania!"
    02-02-13 10:02 PM
    a very posiable idea for sure .......
    02-02-13 10:28 PM
    I agree it has to be kind of annoying if you are waiting. But think if you really want the phone and know that Canada and the UK already have it. You will be going crazy to get it! Actually it works perfectly because after the superbowl commercial and the debut in Canada I feel like many Americans will go in to Crazy mode where they HAVE to have the phone. If im a US Carrier I open up reservations at least. Im pretty sure alot of people will feel the need to reserve.

Annoying to wait and maybe mad. But it's like someone dangling this infront of your face. You know you HAVE TO HAVE IT. So go on Ebay or just wait. EIther way its like lord of the rings and that monkey guy who's obsessed with the ring. I figure americans will have that tunnel vision
    thekidshop likes this.
    02-02-13 10:35 PM
  9. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    nice .. the buildup begins!!
    02-03-13 02:42 AM
    people keep commenting that blackberry will LOSE momentum between now and March.

what if, they spend the whole month BUILDING momentum? re-establishing their brand and creating a new image for themselves.

much like, when the Beatles were a world-wide sensation before coming to America, the anticipation for the Z10 will create "BlackBerryMania!"
    That would also explain why they started selling Z10s in the UK first: The Beatles started in the UK !!! #BB10Mania
    02-03-13 03:48 AM
    Guys, you hang out on a BlackBerry related site (CB) all day.
    Clear your Internet explorer or Chrome cookies and temporary files.
    Go to NFL.com - what kind of ads do you see. Not Z10.

This is directed advertising. Why Google is Google..
    ricocan likes this.
    02-03-13 05:19 AM
    At least they chose the shortest month of the year to delay their phones :P
    02-03-13 05:47 AM

This...

To the OP and others, you DO realize that most ads you see on websites are based on your browsing and search history. Like nj says in his post, these are ads tailored your interests and not something Blackberry placed directly on the website. I'm no expert but I believe companies will buy space through ad services and those services will target users directly based on that history and search data.

So if you spend a lot of time on high-heeled shoes and latex websites you should see some quite interesting ads.
    02-03-13 06:42 AM

NFL.com uses Google Ads?

But you're right about the direct advertising.
    02-03-13 06:55 AM
    Why shouldn't they be using Google Ads? Eveyrone else does.
    But to those who think BlackBerry bought these ads directly, clear your cookies and Internet cache and go to NFL.COM.

Ads for Visa, Underarmor, etc. Now come back here for a while and search on Z10. Then see what ads you get.

They show you want they think you are interested in.
    02-03-13 08:52 AM
    But to those who think BlackBerry bought these ads directly, clear your cookies and Internet cache and go to NFL.COM.

Ads for Visa, Underarmor, etc. Now come back here for a while and search on Z10. Then see what ads you get.

I agree with you on that, as it happens most of them time, but I did exactly what you said with Chrome , Firefox and Internet Explorer even while browsing in private mode. Every single time I click on the Super bowl banner the same results (second Pic) happen so I'm not sure what's going on there, its possible that they may be targeting people by geolocation i'm in Canada, or maybe I'm doing something wrong? Or maybe they just actually bought some ad space
    02-03-13 09:34 AM
    Unless you understand the US consumer who gets bored in 5 minutes and will go get something else. They will see 3 seconds of an ad, run to the store to get it. When it's not there they will say give me something like it.
    02-03-13 09:49 AM
    It could be targeted to Canada (where the Z10 is available) but how much of an NFL market is there (NOT INSULTING ANYONE - it is a question)?
    Very interesting. I am going to a few sites that I know use directed ads and I am not seeing Z10 ads. Actually would rather see them then UnderArmor.
    02-03-13 09:51 AM
    What is the deal with the hackey label-maker script? I thought BB was trying shake antique business tool image. It looks like an ad for a phone the 1960s would endorse.
    02-03-13 09:55 AM
    Unless you understand the US consumer who gets bored in 5 minutes and will go get something else. They will see 3 seconds of an ad, run to the store to get it. When it's not there they will say give me something like it.
    That is one segment of US consumers. That type of buying habit is based on a persons personality. Not all Americans see something they like on TV and run out and get it. Many do their research, sick back and see what their peers do, etc......

The average consumer does not go on tech sites or even knows BB10 has been launched. February gives the company 4-6 weeks to create momentum and buzz for their phone. If they advertise it strategically, they pose a better chance of creating excitement with a larger segment of consumers IMO.
    02-03-13 10:01 AM
    like lord of the rings and that monkey guy who's obsessed with the ring.
    On behalf of fans everywhere, i think you can be forgiven.
    02-03-13 11:28 AM

You know, up until I finally accepted that March was the launch date for the US, I would have disagreed with you. But, if executed well, I don't see why today couldn't kick off a major ad campaign that builds towards the March US launch. I agree with what you say about rebuilding the brand image and the like. Glass half full.

I'm down with it!
    02-03-13 11:48 AM
    This...

To the OP and others, you DO realize that most ads you see on websites are based on your browsing and search history. Like nj says in his post, these are ads tailored your interests and not something Blackberry placed directly on the website. I'm no expert but I believe companies will buy space through ad services and those services will target users directly based on that history and search data.

So if you spend a lot of time on high-heeled shoes and latex websites you should see some quite interesting ads.
    I visit some....er.... interesting sites, yet the advertising isn't there...lol. But to the point, in the second pic, it clearly states "Presented by BlackBerry". This is paid for advertising, and not Googles handiwork.
    02-03-13 12:43 PM

BlackBerry is also hosting some pre and post game events at the Superbowl. I wouldn't be surprised if they have some paid advertising on NFL.com.
    02-03-13 02:11 PM
    Yep. Frank Boulben (and I'm sure others) are there.
    02-03-13 02:14 PM
27 12