As long as we are sharing experiences on Android, this is what I get when I launch the native email app on my GS3. 5-10 seconds. Every time.
    I also have a SGS3 and my email opens immediately. Have you tried anything to fix it?
    07-21-13 10:59 AM
    Then your trying way too hard to play devils advocate. Its causing you to sensationalize and be a bit puerile for little reason. Perhaps you think I'm more vested in android than I make aware, unfortunately enough to respond to me with your concerns. That said, I can only imagine how many shortcomings you would notice in the near barren world of bb10, given how diligent your attention to detail has been on your s3. Not to mention how keen you are to mentioning it to the chest thumers(plenty here for you). Either way, as far as I'm concerned, the problems you experience are your own, and I can care less; rest assured.
    Ahhh ok. So if shortcomings on Android get pointed out, it's "sensationalizing," but shortcomings on BB10 are proof of "barrenness." Got it.

And don't worry about how much calling out I do when someone makes idiotic, blanket, or uninformed rah-rah claims about BB10. It's probably not as much as the conscientious and unbiased posters like you do on a BlackBerry fan forum, but I do just fine for myself.

it takes 5 minutes to root and all it does is give you the user compete access to the device, you can choose whether or not another app gets access as they have to be a root app and ask for permission. All you would have to do then is delete the app, move the new app to system or leave it where it is as a user app and that would be it, its way way quicker than sideloading a needed app that BB10 doesnt have and a permanent fully working fix that takes up very little space. The email app on android works fine its just the lack of push capabilities and a mediocre design that makes it sucky, its not like it doesnt work.
    Thanks for the suggestion. I appreciate the quick tutorial on rooting (not being sarcastic,) but I won't do it because "rooting does not void warranty" has not been definitively proven to me. And a crippled app so bad, to me, is just as bad as a non-functional app.

Your dialer problem isnt on any other android phone nor on every single s3 just like reboots werent on every z10 just enough for a few to complain about; there are plenty of free dialers out there or you can just update to official 4.2.2 leaks (if youre already on jellybean or wait for the official update to be pushed later this july or early august), replace your contacts apk with the official stock google one or with another android phones contacts apk or use a custom rom - cynagenmod would be a great one as it allows individual permissions natively
    Thanks for these suggestions, again. I just had 4.1.2 pushed to me last week, so by my estimates, 4.2.2 is a year away

And I never did hybrid OSes for BBs out of security concerns, so I'm sure as hell not going to install custom ROMs on Android (if I'm not willing to install K-9, do I sound like someone who'd install a custom ROM? ) Plus, I've been told by an AC mod to stick to ROMs made for my exact device (SGH-T999v,) so grabbing APKs/ROMs from other phones is a no go.

I also have a SGS3 and my email opens immediately. Have you tried anything to fix it?
    Yeah. I've tried closing the app with different last-seen inboxes displaying (thought being that maybe the compiled inbox is slow because it pulls messages from all accounts,) and I've tried changing sync schedules for all accounts.
    07-21-13 11:46 AM
    And as for demonstration, BB10 runs better and smoother on Z10 than Android does on anything, and achieves more for its user. With it both the user and the hardware are more efficient than with any Android.
    How would you explain this video then, which shows the Z10 lagging badly when it is actually doing a lot less processing than the other S3?

mikeo007 likes this.
    07-21-13 11:47 AM
    How would you explain this video then, which shows the Z10 lagging badly when it is actually doing a lot less processing than the other S3?

Extremely easy. The browsers are different. BB10 browser scores better in standards compliance and pays a bit for it elsewhere would be one. Didn't watch all of that video but anything that requires the network is extremely unreliable for measurement, even if the same one is used. Google services and nin-standard protocols would be another. Not sure what else was running there at the same time either. There are numerous other reasons, but we are talking about the overall OS in general, not a specific app - as observed already Z10 obliterates any Android in terms of messaging and there are browser tests that show the opposite too - Z10 being faster than Android.

So, instead of continuing the pointless debate trying to justify your (or my) purchase by grabbing hold of anything you wish is true, I'll just let Android experience self destruct under its own weight and evidence that does not even need BB10 to help it.

Over and out on this thread.

Posted via CB10
    07-21-13 12:22 PM
    Thanks for the suggestion. I appreciate the quick tutorial on rooting (not being sarcastic,) but I won't do it because "rooting does not void warranty" has not been definitively proven to me. And a crippled app so bad, to me, is just as bad as a non-functional app.
    No problem i wasnt trying to be condescending either btw (incase it came off like that), i just pointed it out for anyone else reading the thread who hasnt had an android or rooted incase they assumed it was a long process that left you wide open to apps taking over your phone. i personally wouldnt say it was crippled but interval polling is just a huge inconvenience to me as i could live without a fancy design on it. I think it would void your warranty but you can easily unroot your phone again with a nandroid backup or by reflashing your stock rom (the os that comes with your phone) before sending it off and if the thing is smashed up theyll only really check to see if the screen works or send you a replacement rather than specifically go check if its rooted. I would call the carrier youre on first if you ever decided to and didnt want to unroot though just to be sure.

Thanks for these suggestions, again. I just had 4.1.2 pushed to me last week, so by my estimates, 4.2.2 is a year away

And I never did hybrid OSes for BBs out of security concerns, so I'm sure as hell not going to install custom ROMs on Android (if I'm not willing to install K-9, do I sound like someone who'd install a custom ROM? ) Plus, I've been told by an AC mod to stick to ROMs made for my exact device (SGH-T999v,) so grabbing APKs/ROMs from other phones is a no go.

Yeah. I've tried closing the app with different last-seen inboxes displaying (thought being that maybe the compiled inbox is slow because it pulls messages from all accounts,) and I've tried changing sync schedules for all accounts.
    Fair point lol, i just wanted to show how many options you had to fix the problem, you could also try a hard reset, or going to settings > apps > email > wipe the cache and clear data (you will lose emails if you stored them to your phone and deleted from the email server unless you back them up first) although no guarantee itll speed up.

The leaks for 4.2.2 for the s3 are out now with other android devices already running it for ages, 5.0 is expected/rumoured to be announced in october (for the newest and unreleased devices) with 4.3 already leaked onto the nexus 4 and samsung galaxy s4 (google and touchwiz editions) and expected to be pushed out in november to the newest and the note 2 and s3 so its not like its the new/only os upgrade of the year, its basically just a small update to the os with a few new features and improvements and if you dont get 4.2.2 youll get 4.3
    TgeekB and raino like this.
    07-21-13 12:23 PM
    Extremely easy. The browsers are different. BB10 browser scores better in standards compliance and pays a bit for it elsewhere would be one. Didn't watch all of that video but anything that requires the network is extremely unreliable for measurement, even if the same one is used. Google services and nin-standard protocols would be another. Not sure what else was running there at the same time either. There are numerous other reasons, but we are talking about the overall OS in general, not a specific app - as observed already Z10 obliterates any Android in terms of messaging and there are browser tests that show the opposite too - Z10 being faster than Android.

So, instead of continuing the pointless debate trying to justify your (or my) purchase by grabbing hold of anything you wish is true, I'll just let Android experience self destruct under its own weight and evidence that does not even need BB10 to help it.

Over and out on this thread.

Posted via CB10
    Does sales point to which one may be better or are people who buy Android devices not as intelligent?
    07-21-13 01:44 PM
    Does sales point to which one may be better or are people who buy Android devices not as intelligent?
    We were talking about stock functionality on two mobile OS's. Sales is a point not being discussed.
    07-21-13 06:00 PM
    Few things

Could always send group emails

New settings app in 10.2 instant load literally

10.0 browser vs s3 probably was slow, try again now.

Lastly, just typed learn whole thing out now after clearing learnt words yesterday so worst case it usually feels 10x easier I've typed out much longer messages on z10 than I did on any old BlackBerry.

No track pad can be annoying but tap to spell check makes it w.e

Posted via CB10
    07-23-13 07:27 AM
58 123