So I guess we've all gone through this. You're at bar with your friends, colleagues, family members and you're checking that red light on your BlackBerry. You have a message, you pick up your phone.

"What's that phone ?", you hear. "My BlackBerry", you reply.
    "A BlackBerry !? You kidding ? They still alive ?"

So what's your reaction to those words ?
    I personally feel attacked and annoyed each time. Also I'm tired of explaining the greatness of BB10 over iOS or Android all the time.

But I know some BlackBerry users just don't care. Some will even be condescending and laugh at iOS/Android users.
    What about you ? Do you have a pre-made speech/line that would avoid me to demo BB10 all the time
    Initially I would just attack back...I sheep, malware infected android etc etc. That was humorous for a while. BlackBerry fan boy in me just popped out and debates would be epic. But found I was just ganged up on.

Now I pretend like I was one of them in the past (iPhone / android user) tell them how much I loved it at first. Then talk about things that would bother me , poor battery life, couldn't muti task etc. Then tell them how BlackBerry has really grown on me, that it is the best communication device hands down (remind them I tried them all), wicked good battery life. Tell them if I miss a game or app, no problem just download through snap or Amazon. No big deal.

Really calm and make them truly see the value of BlackBerry.

The results have been stunning, but then again I am a Sales guy.

STL100-3 | Rogers | 10.3.1.xxxx
    Gee B likes this.
    10-22-14 10:15 PM
    I usually say something like "I prefer phones with a physical keyboard and I like being different. iPhone and Samsung are too common already."

Posted via CB10
    10-23-14 11:56 PM
    Way more people have an Android device than an iPhone. You were a sheep once too when Blackberry held the top spot in the mobile landscape I guess.
    Seriously, what top spot? Was it really a top spot? Because when BlackBerry had 50% market share in the US, the smartphone market as a whole had like 5% of the volume it has today? Or am I mistaken?

Posted via CB10
    10-24-14 04:03 AM
    "If there was a better device to do what I want or need to do better, I'd be useing it"
    I'm then asked what I do for work. "I own a small telecommunications company"

BleedBlk-
    10-24-14 04:44 AM
    Seriously, what top spot? Was it really a top spot? Because when BlackBerry had 50% market share in the US, the smartphone market as a whole had like 5% of the volume it has today? Or am I mistaken?

Posted via CB10
    They were still the top selling smartphone manufacturer worldwide. Regardless of what the market share was if the majority of people using a smartphone at the time were using a Blackberry then I'd classify them as being on top. And its not like it was some tiny number of users, it was millions of people.
    shaleem likes this.
    10-24-14 06:10 AM
    Got more things to discuss and worry about with others rather than the make of phone I might use. Sheesh!

Z10.......er......BlackDroid in action!
    10-24-14 06:31 AM
    I feel cheated. No one has ever bashed my phone. They usually ask how I like it and then reminisce about their BlackBerry's of old.

One guy did try to tell me about his Samesuc. I acted interested and ask to see it. I then rubbed it on my crotch area before handing it back. Got a good laugh out of it. I then went and disinfected myself.

Posted via CB10
    abwan11 likes this.
    10-24-14 09:11 AM
    I've never had any comments on my phone directly, but I tend to look at what people are carrying. I would never comment, but I have my own ideas of who they are. When I do come across a BlackBerry user, legacy or bb10, I take a second look, because I believe who I'm looking at is someone special. A stand out, free thinking anarchist. A rebel with a cause who doesn't take anyone's s**t no matter how good it smells. but hey, that's just me.

Posted via CB10
    EagleEyes11 likes this.
    10-24-14 05:30 PM
    I heard the same thing all the time. They are just jealous.

Using Passport and Z10
    10-24-14 05:43 PM
    Just yesterday I went out for dinner with the wife and her brother in law. I pulled out my phone and he asked if that was the new iPhone 6. Told him no, it's my BlackBerry Z30. He smirked and said the standard line "aren't they dead?". Of course that irked me, but I just shrugged it off.

I usually think of responses to say after the fact, but I could have said something like his iPhone is dated technology, no real innovations lately. I even mentioned the BlackBerry Passport and he had no clue what that even was! Geez.

Posted via the Z30 on CB10
    10-24-14 07:21 PM
    They're still alive?
    Aren't they dead?
    Why? They'll be out of business in less than a year?
    Why stay in the past? Touch is the future.

Absolute main reason people say these above things is ignorance.
    Second reason is due to the fact they are influenced by the media.
    Third reason is Blackberry's own fault via non-existent marketing.

Far as my reaction, I usually explain my BB phone is the most efficient, productive phone out there that gets my tasks and organization done as quickly as possible.
    10-24-14 08:20 PM
    They were still the top selling smartphone manufacturer worldwide. Regardless of what the market share was if the majority of people using a smartphone at the time were using a Blackberry then I'd classify them as being on top. And its not like it was some tiny number of users, it was millions of people.
    Yeah if I remember correctly at their peak they sold 15M devices worldwide in that one quarter. Today's smartphone market however was 300M devices in Q2 of this year. Even if BlackBerry remained stable concerning shipments, they'd only have a market share of 5%. Just saying.

Posted via CB10
    10-27-14 03:46 AM
    Yeah if I remember correctly at their peak they sold 15M devices worldwide in that one quarter. Today's smartphone market however was 300M devices in Q2 of this year. Even if BlackBerry remained stable concerning shipments, they'd only have a market share of 5%. Just saying.

Posted via CB10
    Wish our company had 1% of the market share......just saying!

Posted via CB10
    10-27-14 07:15 AM
    My usual response is either "Yup, works best for me" or "I've always liked to go against the current". Seems to diffuse the uneducated "attack" every time.

Posted Securely Via BlackBerry 10.
    Works best for me is my reply. If their really insulting rudeness, then I usually state "oh you still able to please a woman with just 3"?! good for you"

BlackBerry - Accept is no substitute. Period!
    10-27-14 07:18 AM
    Wish our company had 1% of the market share......just saying!

Posted via CB10
    Tbh the only thing I want is BlackBerrys phone division to be profitable and viable and to keep providing me with the products I want. Market share helps indirectly but I don't personally need a "phone with big market share".

Posted via CB10
    10-27-14 07:33 AM
    I've found, people who take the time to notice and insult your phone probably have a half ton of other character flaws to go along with it. In general, it's best to avoid these people if you can as this is the best or only thing they can find to talk about.
    What sucks is when you work with this kind of person or are related to them in which case, you can't avoid them, so it's good to have a couple zingers on hand, just to maintain your own sanity.

Posted via CB10
    10-27-14 08:01 AM
    I hang out with grown ups, we don't bash devices...we work and work together on projects using what ever suits us best.

Sent from my HTC one M8 using Tapatalk HD
    10-27-14 09:06 AM
    Next time someone says, "isn't BlackBerry dead?" just say, "nope, unlike your iPhone battery".

Posted via the Z30 on CB10
    10-27-14 11:19 AM
    I hang out with grown ups, we don't bash devices...we work and work together on projects using what ever suits us best.

Exactly.
    10-27-14 12:12 PM
    I don't care what people say! I know what is blackberry! You need certain IQ to pick BlackBerry

Posted via CB10
    10-27-14 12:21 PM
    "What? You bought a BlackBerry? Why didn't you buy the iPhone 6?"
    "Oh well. What does it offer? What's different? Anything new?"
    "I don't know. What does this BlackBerry offer?"
    "Wider screen. Better reading experience. Physical keyboard. Touch sensitive keyboard. Swipe to delete. Beautiful screen. Type-and-go. Flick to type. So, what's new with the iphone you said?"
    "Okay. It's nice. Didn't know BlackBerry made such phones."
    Prem WatsApp likes this.
    10-27-14 12:39 PM
    Tell them why you use BlackBerry - states BlackBerry and BlackBerry 10's strengths - swipe gestures/hub/battery life/OS speed and fluidity/etc. and tell them that you love BB10 and it works well for you. It really isn't hard.

Keep in mind that the average person that used Storm and Curve from 2008-2011 started using a iPhone 4/4s or Galaxy S2 that could video chat/stream Netflix & Hulu/play games like Angry Birds/Words with Friends etc. Most people still think BlackBerry is making phones like the Storm and Curve that had a slow internet browser, needed to be restarted after every app install, and took 5 minutes to reboot.
    10-27-14 03:18 PM
    My reaction? GFYS you arrogant POS.

Posted via my BlackBerry Passport
    11-12-14 08:59 PM
    This is my response to anyone that's nosy "I'm flattered by your personal interest but also curious as to why you're so curious about me (it)". Works all the time
    11-13-14 03:38 AM
74 123