Hey guys,

I know some of you have suffered from random reboots on your BlackBerry 10 devices. I had this early on, but it cleared up with 10.1.

Anyway, a friend of mine was having a severe problem. His phone would reboot 3-4 times a day, some times more. His fix was simple. He added a bit of padded tape to the inside of the battery door - to put a little more pressure on the battery. Since then, no reboots. His theory was that the battery was a wee bit lose and when he picked it up, it would jostle just enough to cause a reboot. The tape trick has been working now for over a week. (note, he has a z10)

Anyway, ymmv.

Not saying this is acceptable, but if it keeps a few people from rebooting phones, then all the better.

BRON: a cron-like scheduler for BlackBerry 10 : BlackBerry 10 Apps | by Odd Element
    Concession likes this.
    12-17-13 05:17 PM
    Hmmm, I suppose its worth a shot. I have only had two random reboots but not sure it has to do with a loose battery.
    12-17-13 05:38 PM
    The loose battery is something I noticed from the get go. I've used several BlackBerry devices in the past and all the batteries were always stuck in place really well. I've always thought this was the cause of the random reboots on 10.0. However, how can a hardware problem be fixed with a software update? Something was really wrong in 10.0. The 2014 Z should have a rock solid battery which is stuck in place and at least the size of the Q's battery.

Z on Channels
    12-17-13 05:43 PM
    This is one of those little thing that get by us.
    It's always a good idea to clean the Battery posts and the connecting posts on the device with a Q-Tip and a little alcohol to assure a good connection.

I have a Z10 and the battery fits so snug I have to use a tool to take the battery out. It's the original one.
    12-18-13 06:01 AM
    Omg. Saved my Q10. For the past week it would constantly reboot on me. Thought something was wrong with the battery (never rebooted while plugged in but it did it for both of my batteries which I thought was strange) but never thought it was just wiggling out of place.

I shoved an old paper recipt between the battery and the back door and it hasn't rebooted since. AWESOME.
    Last edited by Concession; 12-18-13 at 01:14 PM.
    oddboy likes this.
    12-18-13 12:38 PM
    I hope BB reads this.

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    oddboy likes this.
    12-18-13 12:41 PM