I loooove the big, beautiful touch screen of my Storm, but am getting really tired of the qwerty touch keyboard. I'm much faster and more accurate when I send something from my husband's work 8800. I figure the Onyx would be perfect if they ever let Verizon have it.
    They Need To Let AT&T & Verizon get a hold of ALL the BlackBerrys I know 4 people with metro and 1 with sprint everybody else has AT&T & Verizon so lets hope the "PLUTO" comes out for AT&T
    Or A Slide Out QWERTY & Full Touchscreen Comes Out For AT&T
    06-06-09 11:25 PM
    from what I've seen.. the Tour form factor looks ideal for me. My BB sweet spot.

+1

I think the tour is going to be amazing form factor..

I may miss the screen size of the storm..

but I am sure that the tour screen is going to be nothing to spit on..

and the keyboard looks amazing...

so much like the BOLD ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh yaaaaaaaaaaa
    06-07-09 07:23 AM
    Storm with the same deminsions, but with a side slide out qwerty similar to the HTC Mogul (one of my favorite phones ever) as long as it feels solid like the current Storm.
    06-08-09 11:16 AM
    Nice, HTC any good though?

and what carrier is that for
    HTC is definitely a great company. It's Windows mobile you need to worry about.
    The Touch Pro2 should be out on all the major US carriers VZW, AT&T, T-Mobile and Sprint. Actually I think the only carrier I haven't seen any proof was for Sprint but I could have missed.
    We've seen it on the T-Mobile road map a Verizon branded on on BGR and AT&T just got FCC approval on an un named HTC. There was apic and it was definitwly the TP2.

Don"t I just sent back two of these phones. the idea is good but the phone needs some serious work. battery life is the pitts. last sat. it went from a full charge at 4pm at 10 pm with one 2 min. phone call it was dead not low battery but deader than a doorknob. I thought that since it was a window based phone it would be easier to use. "NOT" after two of these phones whether it was user error or phone error. I traded for the blackberry 8330 and I love it. Battery will last 2 days or more. nothing worse than having to travel with all your chargers even if you are only going down the road.

I think your talking about the Touch Pro and not the Touch Pro 2.
    from what I have seen they are completely different phones now. Also Verizon's Touch Pro was a real POS compared to Sprints, Altell's and the AT&T Fuze.

I personally still can't get away from the standard BB configuration. Full QWERTY below the screen. For me that is part of the charm of owning a BB. As well as it adding to the ease of communicating in every way that is possible. Nothing to open, slide flip or flop just makes it all happen that much faster.
    06-08-09 04:01 PM
    You need the Magnum... Touch screen with a QWERTY keyboard...
    That's the one I'm waiting for...
    06-08-09 05:11 PM
    OK, here goes.

Length:
    This device is going to need to be slightly longer than the current Storm by about half an inch.

Width:
    The Tour and Onyx are rumored to be slightly wider than the Curve but not as wide as the Bold. I think this is going to be a good width, and the bloggers are saying as much, so I'm going to go with that width.

Description:
    It is going to have the screen of the current Storm, but the screen itself will be shifted slightly higher on the device in portrait mode, about an eigth of an inch closer to the earpiece and BlackBerry logo. There will be no "buttons" (send, end, menu, back or select) at all, because that functionality is being moved to physical keys on the keyboard.

Keyboard:
    The keyboard currently on the 8900 consists of 4 rows of keys in 10 columns. The new configuration would have 3 rows of keys in 12 columns. The extra two columns of keys would add some width but moving the keys closer to the edge of the device would help a tad as well. As mentioned above, we are shooting for the total width of the Tour/Onyx which is wider than the Curve but not as wide as the Bold, so it will be a tight fit for some people, but ideal for me.

The three rows would consist of the same keys currently in the top 3 rows of the BlackBerry QWERTY keyboards, but the bottom row would be moved to become a new 11th column. This column would be in the center of the current keyboard setup.

The new column would from top to bottom would consist of:
    ALT (between the "T" and "Y" keys)
    SYM (between the "G" and "H" keys), and
    SPACE (between the "V" and "B" keys).
    This column would be accessible by both thumbs.

Notice, we do not have a SHIFT key, but we can still hold down a letter key longer for the capital letter.

Then, there would be a new 12th column on the far right, which would replace the current large row of "buttons" (Send, Menu, Select, Back, End). This new 12th column from top to bottom would consist of:
    ACTION (to the right of the "P" key)
    MENU (to the right of the "L" key)
    BACK (to the right of the Speakerphone key).
    This column would be on the top right in landscape mode or lower right in portrait mode.

Now this is where I need to stress that this isn't the world's perfect BlackBerry ... this is my favorite form factor. That's why I entitled this post Digital's Dream Berry.

Screen:
    The screen would be similar to the Storm's, but it wouldn't move nearly as much and it would be silent. For that satisfying feedback, use the keyboard. The touchscreen would allow for silent typing in meetings or taking notes while using the speakerphone, etc.

Some of the functionality would be changed. The touchscreen would take over much of the input of this phone. The keys would allow for a very satisfying typing experience from my personal point of view. While those expecting this to be a traditional keyboard BlackBerry might be disappointed, I am only really using the keyboard for emails, IM's, etc. It also serves as a shortcut field for things like speed-dial or to call up my favorite apps. The primary input method would be the touchscreen.

Sorry for the long post, but this would be my ideal form factor ...

Digital's Dream Berry.
    06-08-09 11:09 PM
    a storm with a stable 5.0 os!
    06-08-09 11:34 PM
    the perfect berry for me would be a large touch screen like the storm, with wifi, and 3g. a stable os, with high speed processor and a lot of internal memory. no need for a keyboard and put it on the att network.
    06-09-09 12:21 AM
    A 3G Blackberry Curve that flips like the Pearl Flip
    06-09-09 01:12 AM
    4*3 screen, touch, MP4-3 Media Player, 8gig Base stored, 32gig SD, MMS, SMS, Qwetry Slide out, Curve OS updated to support, Java, Divx, Adobe, Full web plugins support, HTML,

You know basicly a laptop mini thats a phone
    06-09-09 01:50 AM
    I can"t believe no one has mentioned this combo yet....

am I the only one who would love a Storm2 exactly as it is, but add a trackball.
    06-09-09 07:36 PM
    I heard the touch pro 2 is sick. My son has touch pro now and if had an BB os I'd take it from him lol

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-10-09 01:31 AM
    That's the one I'm waiting for...
    Me too! I want to see some pics of it already lol.
    06-10-09 11:21 AM
    Sounds like a LG Voyager not an enV. Why would it need suretype if it has an internal qwerty?

How did I miss responding to this. Yeah you're right probably the Voyager. Why suretype? Because I do things I shouldn't do and type quick responses while I'm driving. I know its wrong but I know I'm not the one here who does it.
    06-17-09 06:14 PM
    The Onyx on Verizon.
    06-17-09 06:38 PM
    I too would like to see a bb with a envy touch form factor

06-17-09 07:16 PM
    Full touch although i would like see a touch screen with qwerty, i really can't stand sliders.
    06-18-09 12:27 AM
    A bold with a touchscreen. There's really no excuse for the Storm to be their only touchscreen device. That's kind of behind the curve, honestly.

On sprint.
    06-19-09 11:07 AM
    I want a big screen and a big keyboard like the bold but smaller
    it's called the 8900 aka javelin
    06-19-09 12:41 PM
44 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD