04-12-16 03:57 PM
162 ... 4567
tools
    I think they should meet all contractual obligations but once those are done discontinue BB10. Not because it's a bad OS but because it would take billions to make it competitive.
    04-01-16 07:47 PM
    I think they should focus on android more , and maybe a bb10 every two years for the people who like it
    04-05-16 06:35 PM
    They should have never switched to Android and focused on a way to get play store on bb10.

#luvmybb10os
    04-06-16 11:51 AM
    I love BB10, its the best OS by far IMO.
    BUT, it is very arrogant of us BB fans to think that we can see something that others can't. The hard fact is that the vast majority of people prefer Android and IOS. Although not as productive, Android/iOS is maybe more intuitive (the fact that my 3 year old can work an iPhone but has no idea what to do with a BlackBerry tells it's own story), is less restrictive (customisable/more apps) and certainlymore 'sticky'; many of my friends will not leave apple now because they are already invested in apps, clouds and home integration on those platforms.
    OS choice is now a long haul decision so BB10 is terminal IMO.
    If you want to get any kind of BlackBerry experience or hardware, it will have to be on android. So let's get behind it.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    04-06-16 12:14 PM
    I don't care anymore, give us one good update with android 6, but after seeing rome and hamburg with google I lost my believe in the brand and knowing that I must move on.

Posted via CB10
    04-06-16 03:51 PM
    I think BlackBerry10 could be the real outsider. But it's not enough by itself. BlackBerry10 has to be innovative, it needs to have something new, it must differentiate from other OS's.

Think about making it compatible with iOS apps or something like ARunTime for Apple's applications... your fantasy is the limit.

But while most of you could think about apps, I would think about integration with car's dashboard or something like that. After all BlackBerry is the owner of QNX...

Believe me: BlackBerry the firm has done nothing to elevate, promote, differentiate, make agreements to develop BlackBerry10.

Posted via CB10
    04-06-16 04:06 PM
    I don't care anymore, give us one good update with android 6, but after seeing rome and hamburg with google I lost my believe in the brand and knowing that I must move on.

Posted via CB10
    Indeed it's time to move on. As much as I love BB10 the future is iOS and Android.

Priv gave me the most BlackBerry like experience so I bought. Have access to all the apps I want is amazing.

Posted via BlackBerry PRIV
    04-06-16 05:14 PM
    I love the cross-platform idea suggested earlier, because it's the best long-term solution. First, keep developing Android devices to bring in much-needed revenue. At the same time, have a BlackBerry 10 division "compete" with its Android counterpart. The BB10 unit will come out with a Z30/Leap successor with Passport internals; for cost savings keep the same form factor, like Apple did with its new SE. Next, convert BB10 to Qt 5 to further develop Android runtime and ensure compatibility with Marshmallow; this would be 10.3.4 or even BlackBerry 11. Certainly BlackBerry should work with Google on this given the former opening up the PKB Android market in which Google is now benefitting. All BlackBerry hardware should have simplied hardware each offering either or both OSes: Z30, Classic, Vienna, Passport and Priv. Thoughts?

Posted via CB10 | SQC100-4 Classic in Cobalt Blue
    JulesDB likes this.
    04-06-16 05:34 PM
    I love the cross-platform idea suggested earlier, because it's the best long-term solution. First, keep developing Android devices to bring in much-needed revenue. At the same time, have a BlackBerry 10 division "compete" with its Android counterpart. The BB10 unit will come out with a Z30/Leap successor with Passport internals; for cost savings keep the same form factor, like Apple did with its new SE. Next, convert BB10 to Qt 5 to further develop Android runtime and ensure compatibility with Marshmallow; this would be 10.3.4 or even BlackBerry 11. Certainly BlackBerry should work with Google on this given the former opening up the PKB Android market in which Google is now benefitting. All BlackBerry hardware should have simplied hardware each offering either or both OSes: Z30, Classic, Vienna, Passport and Priv. Thoughts?

Posted via CB10 | SQC100-4 Classic in Cobalt Blue
    What does QT5 have to do with Marshmallow compatibility?
    04-06-16 06:46 PM
    Listen, I've watched Chen say "My phone" in the latest video about the financial statement. Let me tell you that this specific wording gave me the feeling that it was his decision to switch to android and let BB OS 10 float by itself (or whatever the expression is - I don't want to use "let down" or "let go" yet, the company's plan isn't clear") or maybe the android was a prior idea to chen's leadership but he supported it, maybe...

But from that wording, I suspect that the rest of the board had a different opinion. If my speculation is right, I suppose I would choose to lean towards the "other" opinion (regardless of who said it, I don't even know if it is true, it's only a speculation), which is supporting BB 10 and nurturing it.

I had that opinion much earlier than having the speculation. I've always used to say "stick to your OS, BB". I've written some comment somewhere about the company to stick to its "personality" in the market. It's what makes BlackBerry BlackBerry. But that was back when there was some hope. Now, the decision makers (no matter who they are) are leaning towards this software-only mentality. You can read articles about the pressure from other entities that forced BlackBerry to this position, due to their policy of protecting their customers and their high security standards.

But in my opinion you can balance between security needs and market needs. All they had (and still have) to do is to create devices with affordable prices and specs, ones that we can call "market" prices and specs.

Yet the company chose to stick to the niche of politician/security persons/corporate persons segment of the market, Which isn't a bad idea, the company still has some edge there.

But unfortunately the corporate part can sell them out at any moment if they didn't keep up with their needs.

That's why it is also important to be on good terms with the consumer/individual segment, Almost all of them now are fiercely loyal.

But the company's (CEO's, maybe?) mentality is not focusing on being in the market. They want to leave all this hassle and become a software only company to serve companies through some other smaller companies they acquired lately. BlackBerry's strong points in the future (not so far) will be the few companies they acquired not so long ago. It will be a joke that BlackBerry (will) be doing all the work, while the truth is; it's the group of companies they acquired are doing all the work. It's obvious.

Unless they change this point of view. There will be no consumer devices for people like us, people who are following the news daily and posting long posts on forums and sharing ideas.

But still, let me tell you, I know that even after them going software-only, there could be a chance for them to get back, after they are back up on their feet. to get back in the market (consumer-device market). not to dominate it. but to work as a peripheral department for their "software-only" company.

And that's what I'm waiting for.....

coming back after learning that the market needs them even if for just a mere 2% market share.

Believe me, the physical keyboard and the not "there's-an-app-for-everything" OS (like BB OS) will be needed again.

Steve jobs, (regardless of how passionate/manipulative he was about marketing for new technologies), won't fool the whole world.

If touch screen typing is so great, then why don't we switch all our PCs and laptops to that? the answer is, I suppose, because it's productive. Don't tell me that the billions of serious important business emails typed everyday will be switched to touch screen just because it looks cool.

Cool touch-screen iPhones and Android privacy-flawed devices won't live forever.

Even with voice-dependent services getting the hype nowadays. There's still a price to pay.

There's too much privacy breaching happening around us. Many things are monetized. BlackBerry tried to fight that as long as it could.

And the coming OS (Phone or PC), will be customizable linux distros with customizable hardware too!

I still will say that BB will be coming back.

(sorry if there were any typos)
    04-06-16 09:49 PM
    They should have never switched to Android and focused on a way to get play store on bb10
    JulesDB and anon(8444762) like this.
    04-06-16 10:13 PM
    I don't think BlackBerry has any other option at this point without clinging to Android.......and like the Z10 launch, the Priv wasn't much better. Lack of an existing marketing plan to help push the devices make a potentially awesome device bypassed and purposely overlooked by current consumers, former BlackBerry owners, and new consumers. As stated , the brand started taking a hit 4-6 years ago, progressively worsened......never recovered, and at this point- no one cares- except us.

Sent via the Samsung Galaxy S6 edge+ 🍺🍸✌🏾
    Laura Knotek, JeepBB and TgeekB like this.
    04-07-16 12:50 AM
    They should if they rewrite history with change of attitude that adversity generally brings along.

04-07-16 08:40 AM
    They should if they rewrite history with change of attitude that adversity generally brings along.

JMHO. To be honest, many BlackBerry-Addicts (like me) anticipated that much-needed change after the delays for the BB10 launch. We expected a major better marketing campaign that could also help revive BlackBerries' brand recognition (ie. all the negative press/BlackBerry is Dead comments, etc.) prior to the Z10 launch - especially coming from the Legacy devices.
    04-07-16 10:50 AM
    Yes if they make Android experience like that of BB10. Have Blend, Hub and Link working in the Android platform as they work in BB10.

Posted via CB10
    04-07-16 11:46 AM
    In an ideal world if they could have gotten all Android apps and Games working (Inc Google service) but still have the Base OS be BB10 I'd say stick with it but sadly as they can't I think Android is the only realistic option for them to survive.
    04-07-16 01:44 PM
    I think that it is important for crackberry to keep up with Blackberry's changing ideas, but still remember its history.
    04-07-16 02:01 PM
    Bottom line... BB10 is dead. They tried courting commercial developers and failed. They compounded their problems by severing movie and music purchases within BBW. they annoyed indie developers. They run their phones on archaic HW and charge current day prices. I could go on all day. These people have no clue how to run a business. Executives at Apple and Google must laugh at them all day long. It's really sad. How this company hasn't gone bankrupt yet is the real miracle in this whole debacle.
    JeepBB likes this.
    04-07-16 02:26 PM
    In an ideal world if they could have gotten all Android apps and Games working (Inc Google service) but still have the Base OS be BB10 I'd say stick with it but sadly as they can't I think Android is the only realistic option for them to survive.
    It's not only Google Services. These geniuses went and pre-loaded the amazon app store yet never hooked into Amazon's back end services resulting in even Amazon apps not working properly. Ever wondered why you didn't get any cloud based notifications from your amazon android apps? It's because the smart people at Blackberry never got BB10 working with ADM (Amazon's equivalent to GCM). Just brutal. There is no excuse for such a half baked implementation. Yet it is all these people do. Half baked everything.
    04-07-16 02:29 PM
    They should have never switched to Android and focused on a way to get play store on bb10
    Nice thought. Would have loved to see it. But never in a million years would it have happened. Google would have had their pants sued by their OHA partners. Samsung et al, are forced to comply with strict Google requirements in order to get access to GPS and the Play Store. Why would it be any different for Blackberry? Why not let Samsung run the Play Store on a Tizen device?
    04-07-16 02:36 PM
    After doing some thinking about the matter.

I think they should do the same as Mozilla did with Thunderbird. Keep giving security updates & letting the community develop it by itself.

What do you guys think about this suggestion?

I mean, because it's clearly obvious that android has a much more competitive edge here. You can't easily or quickly defeat an app market this size and an integration of services this deep and influential.

Even if BB wants to go software-only. I guess there's no reasons for them to totally abandon BB 10. They can keep it floating still.
    04-07-16 10:00 PM
    After doing some thinking about the matter.

I think they should do the same as Mozilla did with Thunderbird. Keep giving security updates & letting the community develop it by itself.

What do you guys think about this suggestion?

I mean, because it's clearly obvious that android has a much more competitive edge here. You can't easily or quickly defeat an app market this size and an integration of services this deep and influential.

Even if BB wants to go software-only. I guess there's no reasons for them to totally abandon BB 10. They can keep it floating still.
    Sounds a lot like WebOS with Homebrew.
    04-07-16 10:23 PM
    Sounds a lot like WebOS with Homebrew.
    I didn't really know much about it, But I read about it now. I don't know all the details, though.

Do you mean it will fail (if it failed) like it did?
    04-07-16 10:46 PM
    they just need to market their products they do a horrible job of getting the word out theirs people who still dont know what a passport or priv is
    04-07-16 10:49 PM
    Mr Chen said that while BlackBerry would continue to release updates for BB10, there were no plans to launch new devices running the operating system. - The National
    anon(8444762) likes this.
    04-07-16 10:51 PM
162 ... 4567