Yes. The decision has been made a long time ago. And yes, they have made numerous mistakes repeatedly since the introduction of BB10 and they continue to make the same mistakes with the Priv. Too late to fix now.
    02-20-16 09:32 AM
    Very dramatic, I like your writing style!
    Blackberry has been bleeding money since they switched to BB10. I was one of the supporters who thought the switch would work, but I was wrong. You can't keep putting out the same losing products. We can debate back and forth why it didn't work but that is in the past, they had to make a decision and move on, like it or not. I don't know what else to say.
    Trouble is that they are still making the same mistakes. The OS was not ready and the phone itself had problems . Android like BB10.0. Battery problems like Z10. Unusual phone design like a Passport. Priced too high. Build quality not in line with the price.

I hope the Vienna gets it right.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Bbnivende; 02-20-16 at 10:38 AM.
    TgeekB and JeepBB like this.
    02-20-16 09:38 AM
    Trouble is that they are still making the same mistakes. The OS was not ready and the phone itself had problems . Android like BB10.0. Battery problems like Z10. Unusual phone design like a Passport. Priced too high. Build quality in line with the price.

I hope the Vienna gets it right.

Posted via CB10
    If the price would have been more in line with what it was, they may have actually gotten people to try them. Good point. We'll never know though.
    02-20-16 09:59 AM
    Forgot to mention one other issue - failure to commit. BlackBerry says they might build more devices or they may not. They might build more BB10 devices or they may not.

They need to commit to making Android phones and to broadening their offerings to include Vienna, Bold and Z all touch.
    02-20-16 10:34 AM
    The sales reps in the stores must recommend platforms which have all the apps, and BB10 doesn't have all the apps.
    Snapchat is an important messenger in the US, Line is an important messenger in Asia, but both aren't available for BB10.
    To me it's a safe bet that BB10 needs only a handful of some major apps and the situation would change.

Regarding the positive brand image, yes, I agree with you.
    People love to believe in nonsense... and you need good marketing to fight the nonsense.
    Yeah. I think they should at least still try to get some of the major apps people use today to increase the usability of the current BlackBerry devices. I mean. Most people will probably be very content once they have the major social media apps on their phone (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, etc.)

Posted via CB10
    02-21-16 03:56 AM
    Yeah. I think they should at least still try to get some of the major apps people use today to increase the usability of the current BlackBerry devices. I mean. Most people will probably be very content once they have the major social media apps on their phone (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, etc.)

Posted via CB10
    Is that even possible though? They tried very hard to do that when BB10 came out and were unsuccessful. How can they do it now? It would be nice, but it would be near impossible.
    02-21-16 08:22 AM
    I believe BlackBerry will try to make a little money on hardware to make up for its declining revenue from BIS. Once they replace both revenue streams with software revenue the hardware business will be gone.

My guess is that we only have a year or so before our BlackBerry 10 devices become completely obsolete and we will have no choice but to switch to Android or Apple. My fingers are crossed that somehow a better option is available before that happens.

Posted via CB10
    02-21-16 08:24 AM
    I believe BlackBerry will try to make a little money on hardware to make up for its declining revenue from BIS. Once they replace both revenue streams with software revenue the hardware business will be gone.

My guess is that we only have a year or so before our BlackBerry 10 devices become completely obsolete and we will have no choice but to switch to Android or Apple. My fingers are crossed that somehow a better option is available before that happens.

Posted via CB10
    I hope BB10 and BlackBerry in general find a way to survive. :|

Posted via CB10
    02-21-16 09:29 AM
    BlackBerry should forget the android os crap and start advertising the best Os there is, BB10!.

  
    02-22-16 08:48 PM
    Wasn't the Passport a flagship device?
    It was, but we need more BlackBerry 10 flagships. I like QWERTY devices, but some people don't.
    02-22-16 09:39 PM
    And we need them every year, not once every two or three years. The last flagship touchscreen phone was released in September 2013 (z30) and the last PKB flagship (the passport) was released in September 2014.
    Priv does not count. It's not a Bb10 phone. It is a Google datamining platform.
    02-22-16 11:22 PM
    Blackberry should have dressed BB10 UI closer to the standards. Instead of going so deep with the gesture. Many customer felt lost and their first reaction back in 2011 was " that seems complicated" manning it more like it's pair and adding the gesture feature would make it more aproachable

Second they should increase the Android compatibility/emulation. BB10 is superior in its root but you can't have the bast calculator in town that can't make additions (you need apps)

With those mistakes I understand that NOW is too late and it can't be brought back and that android is the only way to keep them in customer hardware. BB10 can stay for highly secure corporate users ans businesses.

Posted via CB10
    03-19-16 04:46 PM
    Economics are economics. BlackBerry doesn't have the resources to build, maintain, and market a true ecosystem

Posted via CB10
    Troy Tiscareno likes this.
    03-19-16 06:48 PM
    Economics are economics. BlackBerry doesn't have the resources to build, maintain, and market a true ecosystem

Posted via CB10
    How? Elaborate pls with some stats

Posted via CB10
    03-19-16 09:23 PM

Posted via CB10
    How about the losses on BlackBerry's financial statements.
    TgeekB likes this.
    03-19-16 11:46 PM

Posted via CB10

Posted via CB10
    How about the losses on BlackBerry's financial statements.
    Economics and financial resources are irrelevant. BlackBerry can never create an "ecosystem" acceptable to the market. The applications demanded (and rights to access them) are almost all owned by third parties, and too many of the high profile players have declared that BB10 will not be supported. That's "No, not under any circumstances - what part of "Never" do you not understand?" In some cases they have actively blocked BlackBerry devices. That doesn't leave any options for BlackBerry, unless they attempt hostile takeovers of the products concerned - a project which is almost certainly beyond the financial resources of any single device manufacturer.
    03-20-16 07:40 AM

Posted via CB10
    It doesn't require elaborating if you've been breathing the last few years.
    MikeX74 likes this.
    03-20-16 07:49 AM
    Blackberry should concentrate on bb10 for businesses and governments. But for consumer I think android is only way to go at this point.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    03-22-16 09:23 AM
    Yes. The decision has been made a long time ago. And yes, they have made numerous mistakes repeatedly since the introduction of BB10 and they continue to make the same mistakes with the Priv. Too late to fix now.
    Be specific please. I like to know what mistakes you have in mind?

03-22-16 09:24 AM
    I think more people leave BlackBerry because of a lack of phone upgrade than a lack of apps. Just saying

# love my bb10
    Last edited by silversmith75; 04-01-16 at 07:43 PM.
    03-29-16 08:09 PM
    I think more people eat BlackBerry because of a lack of phone upgrade than a lack of apps. Just saying

# love my bb10
    I think you've been eating way too many blackberries.

*C5303
    gamegurl likes this.
    03-29-16 08:25 PM
    They should forget about crapdroid and continue the BB10 Os development.

  
    03-30-16 05:19 PM
    To me it is Android or nothing. I miss BB10 but have adapted to the Priv and quite like it. I just don't know if they are selling. I think as a hypothetical if BlackBerry went iOS it still would not sell. Blackberry just has a bad name to most people. I will stay BlackBerry till they no longer make the phones.

03-30-16 05:43 PM
    No.

Passport SE: All the snooty prestige of a device with a precious metal in the name at less than half the price!
    03-30-16 10:18 PM
    I think you've been eating way too many blackberries.

*C5303
    Damn spell correct haha.

#luvmybb10os
    04-01-16 07:42 PM
162 ... 34567