So I am very passionate about BlackBerry, I am a developer, and LOVE the platform. I have believed in BlackBerry ever since the 9650, and I won't lie, I almost cried when I found out the original Storm wouldn't be coming on my carrier (Verizon)... So we have come a LONG way.

I just thought it would be interesting and fun to start up a thread that people can explain who they have converted over to BlackBerry 10 and from what phone.

I have been able to have a HUGE influence on my friends and family, luckily because I was fortunate enough to get my hands on the Dev Alpha B a few months before the phone launched. I wasted no time in preaching the BlackBerry 10 gospel to everyone and anyone once receiving the Alpha.

Who I Have Converted (and have actually PURCHASED the Z10):
    1. Me | Came from BB9930 (Bold)
    2. Friend - Matt | Came from DROID Bionic
    3. Friend - Brian | Came from iPhone 4S
    4. Step Brother | Came from BB9930 (Bold)
    5. Mother | Came from LG enV Touch
    6. Step Dad | Came from BB9650 (Bold)
    7. Aunt | Came from BB9810 (Torch 2)
    8. Uncle | Came from BB9700 (Bold)
    9. Other Uncle | Came from Basic Phone (was considering iPhone)
    10. Cousin | Came from BB9800 (Torch)

It is actually pretty funny, I am a part of a family plan that consists of my Me, Brother, Mom, Step Dad, Step Brother, Step Sister, and Friend, and 5 of the 7 phones are all BlackBerry Z10's.

Now come on guys, BlackBerry needs a good 'word of mouth' if they want to compete with Android and iOS, so show off your new Z10 to people, and show them why they should choose it over the other stuff out there! I know we can do this! (:
    Last edited by Flip4Bytes; 04-16-13 at 09:24 PM.
    H_O_Boomaye likes this.
    04-16-13 07:04 PM
    Already doing it bro. I have converted two iphone 4 users to the Z10 and one Droid user to a Z10 plus a 9900 user to a Z10. My buddy Andy will get the Q10 at the end of the month. Coming from a 9700.

More to come that's for sure!

BlackBerry is gonna kill it

Posted via CB10
    04-16-13 08:32 PM
    Got two of my buddies on the Z10 boat, more to come hopefully

Posted via CB10
    04-16-13 08:49 PM
    Me - came from 9800
    Wife - came from 9800
    Daughter - came from iPhone 4s
    Friend - bold (prior to 9900 don't remember model)

Posted via CB10
    04-16-13 08:53 PM
    Friends and family use particular apps that are not available on bb10 so I have not tempted them. If I do and they don't like it they will hate me for the rest of their 2year contract and never rely on me for phone advice.

Just being honest...

Sent from my game boy color
    04-16-13 09:16 PM
    Tried to convince my wife to move away from her iphone 4, still no success. She was going to choose iphone 5 on her last job, but changed job recently and may have to go to BlackBerry, hopefully it's going to be a Z10.
    04-16-13 09:22 PM
    Friends and family use particular apps that are not available on bb10 so I have not tempted them. If I do and they don't like it they will hate me for the rest of their 2year contract and never rely on me for phone advice.

Just being honest...

Sent from my game boy color
    Totally agree. My brother loves his galaxy, was impressed with the Z10, but I simply show not sell to friends or family.

BlackBerry isn't for everyone as the same can be said for iPhone or Android.

If family or friends didn't find it works for them, I'd never here the end of it.

Posted via CB10
    04-16-13 10:04 PM
    Me - From 9930
    Sister - From iPhone 4S
    Friend - From iPhone 4S

let's test my Bla1ze summoning device
    UPGRADE UPGRADE
    The "Your Influence on Friends & Family Towards BlackBerry 10" Thread-the_cybermen.jpg
    04-16-13 10:22 PM
    1. Me- coming from BlackBerry Bold 9780 to the z10
    2.Had one friend go from iPhone 4s to Z10
    3.Another friend thinking about waiting for the q10 convinced him to get a z10-from BlackBerry Bold 9900
    4. Have 3 other friends with it from sg2,3/iphone 4

Brother is up in the air. He currently has a iphone 5 that's cracked. He likes the z10 I showed him but he is willing to wait for the next Google nexus device.

CB10- BlackBerry Z10
    04-16-13 11:55 PM
    I have both my wife and my mother on my Verizon plan. They use Blackberrys due to my influence.

Other than that, I have shown my brother my z10. (he has an android). So then his step son was looking for a new phone and my brother convinced him to get the z10! Lol. My indirect influence.

When the PlayBook came out I had also gotten my brother and his wife to buy 2 even though they have android phones.

Oh and my mother's friend was jealous that my mother was able to check her emails on her phone and so she bought a bold 9700 about 2 years ago.

Posted via BlackBerry 10
    04-17-13 12:00 AM
    Wow! Reading all of these responses is awesome.. It sounds like on average, each person is converting like 4 people over to BB10.. That's absolutely insane! I mean sure, this is much more than the overall average because we are so passionate about BB (being members of CB) but at the same time, it is very impressive to see how many people everyone has converted, and from what phones they came from! Keep it going, this is very enjoyable to read!
    04-17-13 01:11 AM
    I did my best work converting was during The BBOS 7.1/playbook days and now 2 of those happy customers have upgraded to the Z10 on their own. Once you go Black its hard to go back.
    I still do what I can but I'm further away from my ability to influence.

Posted via CB10
    04-17-13 02:46 AM
    My wife is really interested in the Z10, but our carrier (US Cellular) doesn't carry it, so she is still stuck with her S3 (her words). Coverage in our area is really good with USCC, and we've been with them for 15+ years, so switching carriers isn't something she is interested in doing. If they ever do decide to carry the Z10, she'll be all over it.

Posted via CB10
    04-17-13 09:06 AM
    Aside from me coming from a 9900

Close friend came from a 9860 (but didn't have to convince much, only to get the Z10 instead of waiting for the Q10 lol)
    Another friend came from an iPhone 4S (he was on the fence about getting a Z10 or sticking it out with his iPhone 4S)
    Brother-in-law is coming from a 9900 once the Q10 is released (although to be fair, he is possibly a bigger BlackBerry fan than me lol would never switch to iPhone or Android, possibly Windows if he had to lol)
    Girlfriend just upgraded her 9860 to a Z10 (she was debating getting the Sony Xperia ZL which I would have been ok with lol)
    Girlfriend has now converted one of her coworkers to a Z10 from an iPhone 4S (so proud of her lol)
    2 of my cousins are very impressed with my Z10 and one is seriously considering switching this summer when his iPhone 4 contract is done, the other one still has 2 years on his Galaxy S2 contract.

My 2 sisters and my mother are all on BlackBerry 7 devices (9900 9810 and 9360) as well as my girlfriends brother and mother (9860 and 9360) lol can you say I have created a nice little BlackBerry family lmao

I think that's it for now lol
    04-17-13 09:17 AM