This just blows me away, it's short so give the article a read. And make sure to read the update right under the article, that's the icing.

Windows Phone 7 Series won't have copy and paste -- Engadget
    03-17-10 01:08 PM
    Wow. I thought everything being released would have that nowadays. Well Engadget could be wrong but..
    03-17-10 02:08 PM
    That doesn't sound right. WM has always had copy/paste.
    03-17-10 02:38 PM
    Update: We just super-double-ultra-plus-confirmed this with Microsoft -- Windows Phone 7 Series will not have copy and paste functionality. There is a data-detection service built into the text-handling API that will recognize phone numbers and addresses, but Microsoft says most users, including Office users, don't really need clipboard functionality. We... respectfully disagree? Sure, let's leave it at that.
    Lol @ "...most users don't really need clipboard funcionality." Even Microsoft
    is in no position to say what their users need. This is a joke.
    03-22-10 04:33 PM
    Y wouldn't they tell us what we need,they're just doing what everybody els is doing,tellin us we need like this health care bill,I guess they they say if the President can spend more time choosein a dum dog,then surely we tell the American people what they need,so don't get mad,just no Gods got it all undercontrol- Holla Back Atcha Boy!!!!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-22-10 11:24 PM
    yeah! let's turn this into politics!
    but seriously, if this is true, it's kind of silly. if they don't want to include that feature, that's one (ridiculous) thing, but to say that they didn't include it because most users don't use it? hmmm... maybe they're not wrong, but i'd like to see the numbers behind that statement.

-randy
    03-23-10 09:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD