Hey fellow crack addicts on the Gulf coast especially here in the Houston area ( I am in Pearland). If you are not evacuating like me keep that Berry charged and dry as long as possible, and please be careful. Its gonna be a rough one.
    09-12-08 12:18 PM
    Hey fellow crack addicts on the Gulf coast especially here in the Houston area ( I am in Pearland). If you are not evacuating like me keep that Berry charged and dry as long as possible, and please be careful. Its gonna be a rough one.
    Best of luck to you, my friend. That is not supposed to be a pleasant storm!!
    09-12-08 12:30 PM
    Stay safe!

Just looked on a map to see where Pearland is.
    Wishing you the best - be careful.
    Last edited by MiniBB; 09-12-08 at 12:39 PM.
    09-12-08 12:34 PM
    yeah before i saw Geraldo get wiped out by a wave and drown his blackberry I heard that the folks that stay in the galveston area and don't evacuate are facing "eminent death." Now that's a scary phrase! You should leaveeeeee!!!

PS And that Berry won't help you much when you call 911 and they say "sorry sir, we can't send folks out in the storm" as you're getting hammered by rain and winds.
    09-12-08 01:10 PM
    you guys should put your berry in ziplock bag for safety.
    09-12-08 01:27 PM
    Yeah I was thinking about leaving highways are jam packed and my area isnt under mandatory evacuation so I am just gonna ride it out and pray for the best. I hope anyone that is in the Galveston area please leave.
    09-12-08 01:28 PM
    My Grandpa is in Galveston refusing to leave. D:

Five blocks from the seawall.
    09-12-08 01:39 PM

Whoaaa....bad news.
    09-12-08 01:47 PM
    Whoaaa....bad news.
    Tell me about it.

He does have the supplies needed to ride it out though (water, food, generator, gas, etc.) and a two story building built for the purpose of high water levels. I still would have left since we have family further inland in the Houston area.
    09-12-08 02:06 PM
    Good luck to everyone it is going to be a rough one.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-12-08 02:12 PM
    Like everyone else I will all be keeping an eye on this storm
    and praying all of you along the Gulf Coast. Stay safe y'all.
    09-12-08 03:07 PM
    Be safe everyone!!
    09-12-08 06:58 PM
    Wow, I hope that everyone stays safe during this one. It is truly a monster.
    09-12-08 07:02 PM
    Thanks guys I will be as safe as possible. I have been shooting short video clips of the winds with my Curve. I may try some hurricane clips when Ike passes by.
    09-12-08 07:05 PM
    being an ex-texan wishing all of you the best of luck
    09-12-08 07:06 PM
    Wishing all of you the best! Please be safe - GODSPEED

09-12-08 07:06 PM
    Tell me about it.

He does have the supplies needed to ride it out though (water, food, generator, gas, etc.) and a two story building built for the purpose of high water levels. I still would have left since we have family further inland in the Houston area.
    I pray that your grandfather will be ok that is truly to close for comfort.
    09-12-08 07:07 PM

My grandfather did the same during Hurricane Andrew in Miami Beach !! He refused to leave, even after we called the cops on him. They could not make him leave and he wouldn't have gone peacefully anyways. Well he was right on the beach and spent the entire night with the mattress propped up against the sliding glass door keeping it from coming in on him.

Stubborn old men!!

I hope your family and everyone in that region is safe!
    09-12-08 07:13 PM
    It crazy stuff. Hope he is okay.
    09-12-08 07:17 PM
    ...he sounds stubborn...

unfortunately those are the people that make my job more dangerous, and i generally dislike those people. However, I hope he does well in the storm.
    09-12-08 07:50 PM
    Hi from Houston- It is seriously windy outside. I have synched, backed up, and charged my blackberry.... and took everything off my patio so i believe i am good to go.
    09-12-08 08:58 PM
    My Aunt & uncle are in Crosby,TX and cousins in Galveston riding this out but not by choice my cousins are CERT TEAM MEMBERS!!
    09-12-08 09:34 PM
    I grabbed a bunch of video during the wee hours this morning and some when it was just breezy and dry last night on my 8330. It was just to dang dark to see anything good. It's still pretty violent outside so ill grab some more.

09-13-08 07:32 AM
    I wish everyone the best, I lost family when that SOB Andrew hit Florida, so I pray for everyone the best and godspeed!!

09-13-08 08:23 AM
    Hope everyone in galveston and houston did evactuate! Hasnt rained here much praying that ya'll dont get to much damage! Please be safe god bless!
    09-13-08 08:31 AM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD