How do you go about preserving your battery life? I believe that you must fully charge str8 out the box to get the full potential from a battery and then only charge it when it's very very low. Some people charge with two bars left on the indicator, doesn't that shorten the life of the battery? Any tips on taking care of our batteries so that we can get the longest life out of them?
    08-08-08 04:01 PM
    I don't think it shortens the life of the battery as much as it just shortens the time it takes you to need another recharge. You battery doesn't get used to going all the way down and then starts losing battery power quicker.
    08-08-08 04:09 PM
    Yes on the full charge straight out of the box. No on letting it get low before recharging.

Do a Crackberry search (or a Google search) on the issue - your battery will last longer and perform better with frequent "top-offs" without fear of memory developing.

How to Maximize Your BlackBerry Battery Life | CrackBerry.com
    08-08-08 04:14 PM
    current generation battery technologies do not have any memory, or any other sort of behavior sensitive properties. Li batteries do suffer from degradation over time due to internal oxidation though, but there is nothing that can be done to slow or stop this behavior-wise.
    08-08-08 04:50 PM
    With Li-ion batteries, it's better to always keep it topped off rather than full discharges. In fact, full discharges will shorten the battery life significantly.

If you are going to store the battery for a long time without using it, charge it to about 50%-75% full and store in a dry cool place.
    08-08-08 05:20 PM
    I use to have Cellular One and since it got bought out or whatever happend, I now have At&t.
    Well, with every cell phone I've every had they always suggest using it till it dies right out of the box.
    Then fully charging it, and letting it die again.
    They have always suggested this, and I've never really had any problems with battery life.
    Last edited by Miss.Horrible; 08-08-08 at 06:01 PM.
    08-08-08 05:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD