Attachment 260878
    Here's the thing, from the UK, BlackBerry is virtually dead.
    Note the emphasis on ALL by foxtons. Neither a fad app, a fart app nor a game, but something prosumers would appreciate.
    Seriously, are you drawing your "virtually dead" inference about UK BlackBerry from this foxton thingy? Don't you think you need a lot more factual data from other reputable sources?
    04-05-14 11:28 AM
    Loving it . BlackBerry is going full fledged on its development. Expecting and getting fulfilled with BB10.
    I just hope this goes on for ever. I would never leave this platform. The excitement of new features coming by in every updates just makes me very happy. Am the kind of guy who gets bored of things very fast. But this Z10 is keeping my entertained got a long time. Untrue :P

Posted via CB10
    04-05-14 11:34 AM
    It was my friend's Samsung S3. Don't know which OS build he is using but I guess it should be the latest as he used to be my IT Manager in a previous job.

Posted via CB10
    I've used at least 4 Android phones including the S3. When you tap the button at the bottom of the screen, all your previous apps pop up. Its just another way to move around the UI. Works well.

Posted via my Nexus 10.
    04-05-14 11:35 AM
    Yes I am, very surprised at how vocal they have been!!!

Posted via CB10
    04-05-14 11:40 AM
    I'll try again. Foxtons is a popular property firm (estate agency etc.) with branches over London. Here is their mobile apps page
    Mobile & Tablet Property Apps from Foxtons Estate Agents in London, UK. Download property search apps for Android, iPhone & Windows . The point I was making is that public perception in the UK is of only three mobile platforms. Therefore, BlackBerry has lost the PR/PO war over here. Even when Barclays (a major bank), released an app for WP8. It did so with a double spread page in the Metro. When has that EVER been done for BB10?
    04-05-14 11:48 AM
    Im very impressed with BB10 and there's lots to look forward to (eg 10.3)

I am not impressed by BBM X at all. Why? Note these apps Line, we chat, kakao talk, chat on, snap chat, fire chat, hangouts and telegram. ALL have distinct advantages over BBM. Hell even whatsapp have much better group features.

Q10SQN100-3/10.2.1.2228, Z30, Z10, iP5, SGS3
    04-05-14 02:13 PM

I am not impressed by BBM X at all. Why? Note these apps Line, we chat, kakao talk, chat on, snap chat, fire chat, hangouts and telegram. ALL have distinct advantages over BBM. Hell even whatsapp have much better group features.

What kind of advantages ? Whatsapp doesn't have a reliable delivered and read system. Not to mention the outages these past weeks.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    04-05-14 02:17 PM
    What kind of advantages ? Whatsapp doesn't have a reliable delivered and read system. Not to mention the outages these past weeks.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    Hey dave,

We chat has very reliable video calls even on iOS and the app can be closed.

Kakaotalk has multi voice conferencing.

Line has the largest sticker collection.

Kakaotalk and line has ptt, voice and video calls between iOS and android users already. With we chat there's even a BB10 native app. These 3 asian developed app also feature a built in social network much like BBM channels but already have a huge asian user base both in consumers and corporates.

Snapchat and telegram has self destructive messages and the latter has a very simple interface people love and has security features the app clearly states when you start the app. Telegram also has D and R but its presented in the same two ticks as whatsapp but unlike whats app these actually work.

With chat on you can take back messages you sent out.

Google hangouts have sms integration, read and delivered, video calls and works on iOS with app closed.

Whatsapp group chats have location, video, contact, ppt/voice note sharing.

Every single app I mentioned above bar whatsapp and chaton already has video calls between ios and andriod and very importantly has these 2 simple but important features:

Group chat mute for ios and android:
    Are you really impressed with the strides BlackBerry has made in just over a year?-img_20140401_212018.png

And "unread messages" notification within a chat thread:
    Attachment 261027

Sorry if I was being too blunt dave I was quick drunk when I was posting last night. ;-) but where I live in asia IM chats are a dime in a dozen so if BBM wants to stay relevant they gotta buck up!

Last edited by Q10Nutter; 04-05-14 at 08:44 PM.
    04-05-14 08:17 PM
    I use wechat and I know that it's got some pretty nice features that BBM needs to take. Whatsapp bugs me a lot because of the contact list ripping. This video sharing is unlimited in size or is it just a link?

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    04-05-14 08:23 PM
    I use wechat and I know that it's got some pretty nice features that BBM needs to take. Whatsapp bugs me a lot because of the contact list ripping. This video sharing is unlimited in size or is it just a link?

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    Whatsapp has actual video sharing up to 16MB, within a group as well mind you. Not a link. BBM groups features are very lacking.

My daily usage of IM is mostly with my group of friends and I am certain its the same for everyone else so why didnt Blackberry include all the features of 1 to 1 chat on to groups?? not even the new stickers are sharable! its bizarre and frustrating!

How does blackberry expect BBM to spread when the fun cant be had in a group? iOS and android doesnt even have the ability to mute a group??? Come on!!!
    04-05-14 08:42 PM
    Actual video sharing up to 16MB, within a group mind you. Not a link.
    So bbm is also 16mb , but with multi chat. I don't understand why they don't bring it to groups too.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    04-05-14 08:43 PM
    So bbm is also 16mb , but with multi chat. I don't understand why they don't bring it to groups too.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    even on multi chat BBM file limit is 16m but there is no option to share a video directly. It only has dropbox and picture sharing.
    04-05-14 08:52 PM
    even on multi chat BBM file limit is 16m but there is no option to share a video directly. It only has dropbox and picture sharing.
    I guess they want videos to be shared via dropbox.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    04-05-14 08:54 PM
    What was the O.P's question again? ......Oh Yea.........Yes, I'm impressed.

Powered by BlackBerry
    wincyUt likes this.
    04-05-14 09:39 PM
    Impressed with what? He's announced a couple of devices and said that Blackberry may or may not be in the hardware business in the future. There's been no marketing, and he's talked a big game. As far as that, what's he done that Thor didn't do? The sentiment was the same when Thor took over. All you heard in here was "he's righting the ship, and Thor is making changes for the better." Once he was out all of his supporters began saying "he wasn't any good anyway."

Someone explain to me what he's done to be impressed with. I really haven't seen anything but a lot of talk.
    JeepBB likes this.
    04-05-14 11:44 PM
    Impressed with what? He's announced a couple of devices and said that Blackberry may or may not be in the hardware business in the future. There's been no marketing, and he's talked a big game. As far as that, what's he done that Thor didn't do? The sentiment was the same when Thor took over. All you heard in here was "he's righting the ship, and Thor is making changes for the better." Once he was out all of his supporters began saying "he wasn't any good anyway."

Someone explain to me what he's done to be impressed with. I really haven't seen anything but a lot of talk.
    Waiting for Z3 launch to see how that goes?... maybe that would be something to look at ?

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    04-05-14 11:51 PM
    Waiting for Z3 launch to see how that goes?... maybe that would be something to look at ?

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    So we are to be impressed with waiting for a device that is launching in Indonesia? I thought the question was are we impressed with the strides that BB has made. What strides exactly?
    JeepBB likes this.
    04-06-14 12:06 AM
    I thought the question was are we impressed with the strides that BB has made. What strides exactly?
    More cost cutting strides lol
    04-06-14 12:11 AM
    Why exactly will the Z3 do well in Indonesia? It will not be an OS7 device. It will not have the advantage of BIS, which is probably the driving force behind BB's popularity in the country. So, unless the Z3 is priced dirt cheap, I just don't see a single reason why it will succeed sales numbers-wise.
    04-06-14 12:12 AM
    Why exactly will the Z3 do well in Indonesia? It will not be an OS7 device. It will not have the advantage of BIS, which is probably the driving force behind BB's popularity in the country. So, unless the Z3 is priced dirt cheap, I just don't see a single reason why it will succeed sales numbers-wise.
    Agreed. They've pinned their hopes on brand loyalty.
    04-06-14 12:15 AM

I think WhatsApp Group chat should not be compared to BBM Group Chat. The better comparison would be WhatsApp Group chat & BBM multi-person chat.

These two are similar.

Posted via CB10
    04-06-14 12:19 AM
    Maybe we should ask Indonesia. Don't ask me

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    bekkay likes this.
    04-06-14 12:23 AM
    Maybe we should ask Indonesia. Don't ask me
    Anyone from Indonesia here? What are your thoughts?
    04-06-14 12:24 AM
    Anyone from Indonesia here? What are your thoughts?
    My thoughts is that if this is priced reasonably it could very well take off. Nothing special about cheap android phones. This would be completely new territory for them.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    04-06-14 12:32 AM

With what:
    -BB10 and all the updates.
    -Knowing 10.3 is on the way.
    -Mr. Chen concentrating on enterprise.
    (including going directly to the White House.)
    -Mr. Chen Launching Z3 and over seeing the launch in Indonesia. More importantly, it's launched as planned.
    -Mr. Chen trying to get updates to everyone at the same time. BlackBerry accomplished this with 10.2.1except for the U.S.A.
    -Mr. Chen touring around the world this month to hopefully hang on to what's left.
    -Mr. Chen announcing the Q20
    -Mr. Chen being honest about what happens to hardware if things don't go well in the next two years.
    -Mr. Chen impressing investors enough not to take a hike.
    -BBM updates / present and future revenue making plans.
    -Mr. Chen spending time giving interviews .
    -Mr. Chen sticking up for the company when push comes to shove.

It is not an easy task to save a dying company. As soon as things stabilize and things fall into place, marketing hopefully will follow. Indonesia should tell us a lot in this regard.

It's only been a few months. I can't imagine how much time and effort is put into layoffs, firing, hiring, real estate sales, dealing with old and new politics etc.....
    We don't see 95 percent of what is really happening.

Many on here seem to think turning around BlackBerry is like rescuing a few 7/11 stores from going under. When he said it's going to take time and discipline, he meant it. He's done it before, and I have all faith he can possibility do it again. Of course it's too early to tell if Mr. Chen is on the right path. I for one think it's a good start for only a few months though.