Specifically the strides BlackBerry has made with the BB10 OS platform. Feel free to discuss other related issues like strides made with devices, BBM etc.

Blogger and Entrepreneur Corey Herscu thinks so

"DH: Tell me what you�re using right now and what drove you to start the program.

CH: Currently, I�m using a white BlackBerry Z30 as my main device, though as a tech blogger, I always have a few phones on the go at any given time. I was driven to start this program after updating to the latest BlackBerry 10 software, BlackBerry 10.2.1. Once I did that, I realized what the device could do with the latest iteration, and found myself enamored by BlackBerry once again. Look at the strides that have been made in just over a year, I�m really impressed."

If you are interested to read the full article here is the link. Guest blog series: Corey Herscu on Inside BlackBerry | Inside BlackBerry

Personally, I'm very impressed with the stride BBRY has made with the OS and device but believe that BlackBerry could do better with the devices if they stop being indecisive with their potentials. With respect to BBMX I'm ok with what it has done to date; BBM could still use additional features in order become super competitive.

What's your take
    RedFoxOne, KDB84, stlabrat and 2 others like this.
    04-03-14 10:01 AM
    I'm with you that they've done like 5 years of work in 1 year, but it can't stop at that. They have to keep moving until you could surely say that their software is ahead of the competition. If you ask me, that target is not so far away...
    However, if sales still don't pick up, then the whole BlackBerry 10 thing is in risk of being sold as patents and fragments of software (internet browser/ android runtime/ qnx launcher...etc..)

We'll see

Posted via CB10 on my Z10STL100-10.2.1.2102
    04-03-14 10:11 AM
    They came a long way in just over a year. But they haven't fully caught up, they are close, but they still have some ways to go. Especially with iOS 7 out and Windows Phone 8.1 coming out soon. But it seems they're still at the same fast pace from the 10.3 leak!

Posted via CB10
    Loc22 likes this.
    04-03-14 12:00 PM
    Impressed? No.
    Disappointed? No.
    Optimistic : Not yet...
    Pessimistic: Yes, but less then before.
    Inspired by J.C.: No. Seems like a hobby to him.
    Investing in BlackBerry : No.
    Understands J.C.'s vision clearly: No.

Getting closer to the bottom. Hope BlackBerry does more than sit there.

Posted via Verizon Z10 - OS v10.1.2.2174
    macallik, JeepBB, bekkay and 7 others like this.
    04-03-14 01:05 PM
    The typical misery machines aching to kick BlackBerry loyalists or discredit the positives of the platform and products have said year after year "it's over, BlackBerry is done this year" for a few years now, and lookie here, it's 2014 and BlackBerry is still here and still not out of business. Twist it how you wish but doesn't the fact they are still a highly active company rather than out of business say anything whatsoever? They do apparently have a problem getting people to understand what type of audience their products are aimed at, which isn't really the "cool case for my iPhone" and "oh look how many cores my phone has" audience.

I personally think they have done very well simply in the fact they have proven countless death-callers wrong more than a few times now.
    Omnitech and acovey like this.
    04-03-14 01:57 PM
    There was some progress made, but the choices weren't optimal. The conversion from BB7 to BB10 failed miserably, for example. App support for BB10 is still a major concern. If you give the argument that BB is a business phone and you don't need social apps, I immediately counter you --- why should I use BB10 in the first place then?
    04-03-14 02:08 PM
    when the Windows Phone Nokia Lumia 930 with 8.1 comes in it will be too hard not to look at it...
    04-03-14 02:11 PM
    I'm impressed with how the OS has developed in a little over a year.

I'm not impressed with how BlackBerry marketed BB10, how long it took to get BB10 and the phones to market and how disjointed and reactionary their future device strategy still seems to be.

First there were phones with no 'tool belt' any more. Fine we could all get used to that and that's how you could tell a BB10 BlackBerry, no 'tool belt'. But now the 'tool belt' is coming back to a new physical Qwerty phone, the Q20, BUT around the same time another physical Qwerty BB10 phone that DOESN'T have the 'tool belt' (Windermere) will be released by BlackBerry. What a confused mess.

Posted via CB10 on Z30 STA100-2 /10.2.1.2141 on O2 UK - Activated on BES10.2.1
    Last edited by johnnyuk; 04-03-14 at 02:59 PM.
    Omnitech, creowano and Shadowyugi like this.
    04-03-14 02:24 PM
    OS - Yes
    Marketing - the worst that it can be. Functions worst than the US Congress
    Hardware - Hmmmmmmm, depends. I want my phone and tablet to be of the same OS. Funny thing, I just like it that way. We will never get OS10 on the Playbook - read the headlines about End of Life notification.

I do want the "hottest specied phone". Does the OS require it - no, but I still want it. I do not want to get out 2yrs and be running out of processing power.

I drive 2 BMW's. Can I take and run them at their full potential? No - not unless I go to the track or risk a ticket. But I still enjoy driving them knowing what they can do, not what I require out to them.

The same goes for a phone or for that matter - anything I own.

By the way - a side note - you might think that I must be up to my eye balls in debt. Nope - I live mostly debt free, by saving well. I work very hard for my money and demand quality in my equipment - the reason for originally going to BB.

Now I am beginning to consider jumping ship to Sailfish or Utunbu. Will see this fall.
    04-03-14 02:36 PM
    Impressed ar first but the whole os7 crap just took few steps back

From zee coolest flicking smartphone ever
    Shadowyugi likes this.
    04-03-14 03:37 PM
    I'm impressed with how the OS has developed in a little over a year.

I'm not impressed with how BlackBerry marketed BB10, how long it took to get BB10 and the phones to market and how disjointed and reactionary their future device strategy still seems to be.

First there were phones with no 'tool belt' any more. Fine we could all get used to that and that's how you could tell a BB10 BlackBerry, no 'tool belt'. But now the 'tool belt' is coming back to a new physical Qwerty phone, the Q20, BUT around the same time another physical Qwerty BB10 phone that DOESN'T have the 'tool belt' (Windermere) will be released by BlackBerry. What a confused mess.

Posted via CB10 on Z30 STA100-2 /10.2.1.2141 on O2 UK - Activated on BES10.2.1
    Agree! Chen's lack of marketing is becoming more and more conspicuous...And for those diehards who wouldnt try BB10 they're now giving them a trackpad...clever!...

Posted via CB10
    04-03-14 05:27 PM
    No not really. Blackberry seems to have no idea on how to proceed and seems to have no plan

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    JeepBB, Drew808 and bekkay like this.
    04-03-14 05:29 PM
    Product? YES! Love it (z10)

Ability to sell said product? OMG NO!!! Couldn't be any worse! How can they expect to survive without MARKETING?!?!?!

Posted via CB10
    04-03-14 09:38 PM
    I am very impressed with the development of the OS. Though the company really needs to push their marketing a whole lot more.

Posted via CB10
    stlabrat likes this.
    04-03-14 09:41 PM
    Well, I'm impressed that they've hit the ground running the past year, not wasting any time. It appears to me that things are moving faster this time, or at least making plans faster. I'm excited to see how these all pan out in the months to come.
    acovey likes this.
    04-03-14 10:15 PM
    Well, in one year, I gave up legacy BlackBerry devices, got a Z10, a Q10, a Q10 in another color, and a Z30.

If I wasn't impressed, I wouldn't be spending that kind of money on their products.
    04-03-14 10:24 PM
    Impressed? No.
    Disappointed? No.

This is exactly how I've felt. I was seriously going to post almost the same thing lol

Sent from my Q10 using Tapatalk
    04-03-14 10:41 PM
    Great product sells itself, just bought another BB10 for my wife. Ironically I bought two iPhones before, thought them were the best.

Posted via CB10
    04-03-14 11:19 PM
    Bottom line is OS strides do not stop you walking blind into bankruptcy...
    04-03-14 11:22 PM
    Bottom line is OS strides do not stop you walking blind into bankruptcy...
    Ok...

From zee coolest flicking smartphone ever
    04-03-14 11:25 PM
    There was some progress made, but the choices weren't optimal. The conversion from BB7 to BB10 failed miserably, for example. App support for BB10 is still a major concern. If you give the argument that BB is a business phone and you don't need social apps, I immediately counter you --- why should I use BB10 in the first place then?
    LOL... compared to app support for BB7? I don't see Instagram/iGrann, Vine/Whine, Netflix, *any decent games*, video apps, etc... for legacy BBOS.

The app situation on BB10 is an order of magnitude better than BB7.

I can do so much more on Bb10 than BB7.

Posted via CB10
    Dave Bourque and spikesolie like this.
    04-04-14 12:55 AM
    Since the launch of Z10, yes I do think BB has made some nice strides, particularly in the development of BBOS. If they can maintain a high level of innovation with concurrent workforce reduction, I will truly be impressed. To me the future indicators are:
    - BBOS 10.3
    - More features added to XBBM
    - BES12

What would also impress me is getting access to Google Play Store. I think that could really help the BB platform.
    NG888 likes this.
    04-04-14 01:00 AM
    Impressed? No.
    Disappointed? No.

Focusing on their biggest money-maker ENTERPRISE is a unclear direction to you ? This means less focus to consumers for time being yes... but it's a clear path to keep the company alive.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    04-04-14 01:07 AM
    LOL... compared to app support for BB7? I don't see Instagram/iGrann, Vine/Whine, Netflix, *any decent games*, video apps, etc... for legacy BBOS.

The app situation on BB10 is an order of magnitude better than BB7.

I can do so much more on Bb10 than BB7.

Posted via CB10
    The BB7 lingerers are hilarious.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    04-04-14 01:08 AM
    I'm very impressed and very satisfied with the phone i'm carrying right now, I mean come on they did a great job with blackberry 10. It's an awesome os and it's in my eyes more stable than any other os I ever had
    I didn't have any app crashes nor finding myself hating this thing not a lil bit
    I hope blackberry stays and just develop the c*** out of this os, they are amazing and they deserve to stay.
    Even if blackberry would fall i'll always carry blackberry devices with me and i'm really happy with what i've got.

Posted via q10's mighty keyboard
    RedFoxOne likes this.
    04-04-14 02:33 AM
119 123 ...