I just leave it here

BBM brought everyone together ☹️. https://9gag.com/gag/an92RRq?ref=android

Update1:

9gag on Instagram

https://www.instagram.com/p/BvxVOWKj...=1oka61clcwkgr
    Last edited by iHadLastBB; 04-03-19 at 12:19 AM.
    Laura Knotek and Tsepz_GP like this.
    03-08-19 04:11 AM
    Over a decade ago... yes. If you owned a smartphone, it was probable a BlackBerry. Everyone in business could BBM. Even had my PIN in my email signature.
    Laura Knotek and beignetdust like this.
    03-08-19 07:43 AM
    Over a decade ago... yes. If you owned a smartphone, it was probable a BlackBerry. Everyone in business could BBM. Even had my PIN in my email signature.
    I still have PIN in my email, no one ever tried contact me over BBM though..
    beignetdust likes this.
    03-08-19 05:03 PM
    I still have PIN in my email, no one ever tried contact me over BBM though..
    I got new invites all the time, back when BlackBerry usage was still growing.... I think that for a while, that's one of the reasons people bought BlackBerry's. They didn't want to be left out of the business social "communications".

iPhone changed that...
    Laura Knotek and beignetdust like this.
    03-11-19 07:52 AM
    I just leave it here

BBM brought everyone together ☹️. https://9gag.com/gag/an92RRq?ref=android
    Yeah, never happened for me. When my family got into smart phones all of our carrier plans included free text messaging and everyone just used that, especially since it was truly cross-platform and not all of us were on the same machine at the same time.
    beignetdust and Laura Knotek like this.
    03-11-19 02:17 PM
    Yeah, never happened for me. When my family got into smart phones all of our carrier plans included free text messaging and everyone just used that, especially since it was truly cross-platform and not all of us were on the same machine at the same time.
    For most my Family... smartphones didn't happen until after 2013. Apple is who made smartphones a luxury item for consumers, before that time it was mostly business users that bought them (or their companies did). From 2007 onward smartphone started becoming the "must have" consumer item. Even in 2010, smartphone sales were a paltry 300 million, growth was still going on as only 725 million were sold in 2013... didn't peak until 2016 at almost 1.5 Billion units a year.

Which is why MOST of the smartphone owner today, never experience a SMART PKB phone... BlackBerry was king when sales were measured in 10's of thousands. And most here had a smartphone long before the average consumer did...
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    03-11-19 03:18 PM
    04-03-19 12:18 AM
    I joined CrackBerry 10 days after I bought my first smartphone, the ubiquitous BlackBerry Curve 8330. The day I was at the carrier store, I asked about a phone that had computer capabilities. The choices on 12/11/08 were the Curve, or a couple of Palm phones.

When I picked up the BlackBerry, at first I tried to navigate using the trackball trim ring. Nothing, of course, happened. I wasn't really computer literate, I'd only just joined the cell phone revolution 4 years earlier, and I didn't have a clue about smartphones.

I looked at the Palm, 855 and Centro, but I didn't like them. Then I picked up the BB again, and accidentally hit the trackball, and the world as I knew it changed. I bought and played with it until I needed to learn more, so I searched out BB sites and stumbled into CrackBerry, and the rest is history. I owned the Curve, Tour, and Pearl, which was a really great little flip phone BB, for those that don't remember, since it was on so few carriers.

I branched away when MLB wasn't going to support BB any longer, and I wasn't gonna do without being able to listen to baseball games, so we parted ways, and I got a Motorola Photon. It didn't stop my love for the BlackBerrys, or this site.
    04-03-19 01:09 AM
    I remember how completely confused I was with BBOS when I got my first BB (Pearl 8100)! So, so, so many menus and options. But once I received my first email notification, it changed everything. I have yet to experience that same sense of awe and bewilderment with any mobile device since.
    beignetdust likes this.
    04-03-19 10:23 AM
    I consider BlackBerry just one of my chapters in smartphone history. Not better or worse than the others.
    I started with a Windows phone, then Palm, BlackBerry, Apple, Android etc.
    beignetdust and Laura Knotek like this.
    04-06-19 06:44 AM
    I'll always have a special place in my heart for CrackBerry.

My first smartphone was Symbian, not BBOS. However, when I switched from Symbian to BBOS, a friend recommended that I join CrackBerry, and I did. That was the first forum related to smartphones that I joined.

I've since moved to Windows Phone and then Android, but I still am thankful to many current and former members of CrackBerry who helped me, and whom I helped, over the years.
    04-06-19 07:52 AM
    I'll always have a special place in my heart for CrackBerry.

My first smartphone was Symbian, not BBOS. However, when I switched from Symbian to BBOS, a friend recommended that I join CrackBerry, and I did. That was the first forum related to smartphones that I joined.

I've since moved to Windows Phone and then Android, but I still am thankful to many current and former members of CrackBerry who helped me, and whom I helped, over the years.
    And now you're on... BBAndroid ? Lol
    04-06-19 11:45 PM
    And now you're on... BBAndroid ? Lol
    No, I'm currently using an LG V20.
    04-07-19 12:33 AM
    No, I'm currently using an LG V20.
    Do you like it?

BB9000>Q10>Z10>Z30>Classic>Dtek50>Dtek60>Motion
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    04-07-19 07:16 PM
    Do you like it?

BB9000>Q10>Z10>Z30>Classic>Dtek50>Dtek60>Motion
    Yes, I do.
    OTCHRussell likes this.
    04-18-19 12:38 AM
    I also remember when I bought my first Blackberry and everyone had one. BBM was what everyone used and we all shared our PINS.

Yes, those where great times and then came Android and IOS and everyone knows the story from there.

It’s sad to see BBMc closing down, but technology moves forward, we all have to adapt and life rolls on.

It’s still cool when I run across folks who remember the early days when Blackberry was king.
    beignetdust likes this.
    04-19-19 06:50 AM
    I remember first playing on BB when my father's company gave him a BB7290 in the early 2000s, thought it was a an odd yet cool looking phone. Networks had special contracts for these devices, and I remember when Blackberry had a BB Connect service that was licensed by smartphone makers like Nokia and Sony Ericsson. He eventually got this done on a Nokia E61.
    beignetdust likes this.
    04-19-19 08:05 AM