Hey all,

This past weekend I went away to the cottage and like any tech junkie to fend off the technology withdrawal I took along my shiny new 9900 and Playbook. The tethered and bridged speeds were sweet indeed and I hardly felt like I was off wifi.

Part of the trip involves a few hours sitting in traffic which normally irritates me to no end, however this time I decided to listen to some podcasts and before I knew it I was there! They were so interesting time flew by. I have listened to several CrackBerry podcasts before, but this time I checked out the Mobile Nations podcasts. I had watched a few of the shorts posted on CB news, but never actually listened to an episode.

The insight and understanding of the mobile industry shared between these guys is really quite amazing. Listening to all of them really gave me a different perspective on everything thats going on. I highly encourage people to check these out. Each episode is worth a week of thread sifting for useful information, between all 5 sites.

If your likely to only checkout one, I suggest Epp 2, Kevin just kills it in the first 20 minutes!

Looking forward to the next one, thanks guys.
    08-18-11 04:42 PM
    Can you run speedtest.net while tethered to your 9900 and let me know??

My speeds are still the same as my 9700
    08-18-11 04:53 PM
    probably the same because bluetooth only has a certain bandwidth... so it doesnt matter how fast your phone can pull down the data... BT can only transfer so much of that before it maxes out
    08-19-11 09:45 AM
    Ahhh Correct.. Bluetooth 1 Mbps.

That would explain it.. Now if only the 9900 had a wifi hotspot!!!!!
    08-19-11 09:53 AM
    great post Zizzzzy
    08-19-11 10:43 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD