I dangled it, took one of em all of 46 minutes!

Awesome. I like fish. You like fish?
    10-07-13 07:20 PM
    There's a difference between having our individual preferences and saying another platform doesn't have XYZ features when they clearly do.

I'm not trying to knock anyone for using a BB10 device even though I may have come off hostile, I am still rooting for them (although it is hard to considering their track record).
    He forgot to mention BB10 phones have power buttons and screens.
    10-07-13 07:21 PM
    Love from Norway.
    From England, with a smile.
    Anilu7 and Sexy Sadie like this.
    10-07-13 09:52 PM
    He forgot to mention BB10 phones have power buttons and screens.
    BB10 phones have power buttons? And screens?
    What black magic is this? Lmao
    Anilu7 and semperfi45 like this.
    10-07-13 09:55 PM
    Let me ask you this. Would you swap:

The Hub for separate apps that won't shut?
    The Z10/Z30 touchscreen keyboard (or Q10/Q5 physical keyboard) for any other?
    Buttery smooth for unexplained lag?
    An undeveloped app store for one with potential viruses that are bad enough to literally take your money?
    A blinking notification LED for nothing at all?
    A phone that gets a signal where others don't?

Would you give all that up for Candy Crush?
    As one who did swap, I recognize that these things are personal preferences.

The Hub doesn't fascinate me, and I have no problem closing apps on an Android device.
    The Z10 keyboard wasn't the best keyboard for me. I prefer having the choice to have word-tracing keyboards.
    If I ever have lag on my Android devices, I know the cause. I don't have lag that is bad enough for me to be frustrated by it.
    The Play Store has suited my needs well. I haven't gotten a virus in three years of using many Android devices and I certainly haven't had any money stolen.
    I have LED notifications on most of my Android devices, but this feature truly isn't important to me.
    I get a signal on my phone in just about every place that I go, and all places that I go on a regular basis.
    I don't play Candy Crush, so this is meaningless to me.

I don't wish bad things on BlackBerry; I just recognized that it isn't the device for me, even if all the problems that I had had been resolved. Different people have different needs. What's so hard to understand about that?
    10-07-13 10:31 PM
    There's a difference between having our individual preferences and saying another platform doesn't have XYZ features when they clearly do.

I'm not trying to knock anyone for using a BB10 device even though I may have come off hostile, I am still rooting for them (although it is hard to considering their track record).
    How coincidental, that I should also point that based on a track record you'll like to put words into other's mouth, and then should dictate that you are rooting? Strange times indeed. This response of yours itself is contradictory, the beginning and the end doesn't match.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
    10-08-13 02:25 AM
    I love your posts, and more than that i love your signature..
    Feel it, Swipe it, Love it.

Thats exactly what i feel about my Z10
    bigglybobblyboo likes this.
    10-08-13 02:42 AM
    I love your posts, and more than that i love your signature..
    Feel it, Swipe it, Love it.

Thats exactly what i feel about my Z10
    Sorry but his signature sounds like he just wiped his a** in the toilet
    10-08-13 03:26 AM
    My mates have all bailed to Samsung in South Africa , the number one comment when they see my Z10 is, how's the spinning clock? Blackberry could really have advertised how Bb10 doesn't have that. I played with my brothers g4, it's nice but that's it. My Z10 is so functional against it. End of story, it's apps and the cool factor. Plus Samsung sponsors everything now days from British football to iPhones.
    I've made the switch from 9900 Bold to Z10 and it's the best smartphone experience ever. What is letting us down in South Africa is the networks. I'm currently running 10.2.0. 1767 it's out of this world and like i say blackberrys woes are not as a result their products but it's just perception. I'll continue supporting BlackBerry.

BlackBerry?s Z10 via CB10
    10-08-13 03:54 AM
    Well, actually you can. And it's really easy.

Easier than you may have thought...

Imagine this. BlackBerry has gone. No more. All done. Finito...

And now you have to decide what the hell else you're going to use.

But that's ok, The BB10 experience didn't cut it, yes?

Oh dear...

Let me ask you this. Would you swap:

The Hub for separate apps that won't shut?
    The Z10/Z30 touchscreen keyboard (or Q10/Q5 physical keyboard) for any other?
    Buttery smooth for unexplained lag?
    An undeveloped app store for one with potential viruses that are bad enough to literally take your money?
    A blinking notification LED for nothing at all?
    A phone that gets a signal where others don't?

Would you give all that up for Candy Crush?

Product good. Management bad. And I, for one, don't want it to go...

The grass is, in no way greener on the other side, no matter what they say and it's us, the consumer (prosumer??!!), of all platforms, who loses out most of all.

So, to all those you wish bad on BlackBerry, whatever their faults - and there are many and they are deep - I say this:

Be careful what you wish for.
    This is unbelievable. Your entire argument is invalid. There are good parts to BB10 but you get most of the wrong ones, and even when you mention the right ones the comparisons are put wrongly.

What do you mean by apps that don't close? If anything I have trouble deleting some of my apps on BB10.
    The Z10 keyboard is based off Swiftkey which is already widely used in Android devices. Someone could easily develop an equally or even better one or puy the BB10 keyboard onto another phone.
    I have quite a bit of lag when doing simple things like swiping to the hub, while I have never experienced lag on iOS 7 with all its animations except for one time I tried it on my friend's three year old iPhone 4. BB10 still has many glitches that need to be ironed out.
    All apps and games on the Apple App Store are scanned for viruses and it is guaranteed virus free. Say what you want about the Google Play Store.
    For most consumers a simple noise is enough, they don't need a flashing light especially when their phone is usually in their pocket.
    Not sure where you got that from? BlackBerry uses the same network technology as most of its competition does. BlackBerry Z10 STL 100-1 doesn't even support LTE.

And believe it or not Candy Crush is one of the reasons in moving to iPhone.

Posted via CB10
    10-08-13 05:08 AM
    Well said, make it 75
    I heard there's a 76, so make me the 77th.
    10-08-13 07:19 AM
    OK, I'll bite. I have a Nexus 4 and SGS3.
    Both have notification led's.
    No one has stolen money from my bank account.
    No lag on Nexus, occasional on SGS3 but nothing to complain about.
    Swiftkey is awesome.

I somehow think if Blackberry is taken off life support you will survive. But you could always use 2 tin cans and string.
    Agreed....but we like the choice of Blackberry instead.....Android is a bug literally even if it is a robot bug. I know i am being facetious
    10-08-13 09:13 AM
    I only think it should be, by now, obvious that Blackberry is going out of business. I am a die hard Blackberry fan, and here is what happened to me in S�o Paulo, Brazil.

1) I bought, at the time of launching, 3 Playbooks for my business. At first, we had no email, and after the email came, the product was discontinued.

2) When Blackberry 10 launched (S�o Paulo was famous for being a stronghold of Blackberries, it's a 12 million people city business oriented). Not a single add, billboard, in-store demonstration, we got nothing letting consumers (that love Blackberry) know that Z10 /Q10 was coming.

3) Even going against city law, Blackberry discontinued support, either by phone or in person, and delegated it to a ****ty company down here known for its terrible, zero-star-reputation. Basically, if your Blackberry died, even under warranty, you would be in trouble.

4) A lot of people that used to own Blackberries loved BES. Blackberry pulled the service for all Blackberry 10 systems.

It's not that you can't defend Blackberry, they very publicly and clearly sunk the boat themselves.
    10-08-13 11:03 AM
    Sorry but his signature sounds like he just wiped his a** in the toilet
    No need for that to a newbie, I think.

But, just so's you know I play Angry Birds there.
    10-08-13 04:26 PM
    Anyway, I own phones from all 4 of the major platforms and even though my newest iPhone is a 4S, I can say this: All the phones today are good. Someone can walk into a carrier store and randomly choose whether they get a iPhone 5s, S4, Lumia 1020, or Z30 (if it were available) and they'd get an awesome phone no matter what. Sure, the Z30 might be a little better for messaging, but they'll all have push email, social account integration, apps, etc., etc. Maybe the grass isn't greener on the other side, but let's not forget that it *is* green on the other side. I don't think we can actively anticipate what BlackBerry faces until we acknowledge that.
    Damn dude. Good last paragraph. Hit it right on the head IMO.
    10-08-13 04:33 PM
    No I would not swap, mainly because I hate stabby awful typing on a touchscreen. I have had an iPod touch for years and hate typing on it. I hardly use apps I have bought on there, don't have the time, which persuaded me to stick with blackberry for my main phone. Love the Q10 I upgraded to. Sick of the media kicking blackberry. I think most business people would agree, if you need to email a lot on the go, Blackberry is brilliant and much more accurate. I want my trackpad and navigation buttons back though!
    10-08-13 04:57 PM
    Unfortunately, this sounds a lot like the death of Palm. As other platforms got better and better, the WebOS folks kept on latching on to problems or flaws with the other platforms, but not acknowledging about how much better the mobile experience was getting across platforms. I love BlackBerry 10 and I use a Z10 as my daily driver, but when I considered buying one for my parents -- both use iPhones but don't really know how to use the app store and primarily use the phones for the phone app, along with the camera, email, and calendar -- I couldn't quite justify making them learn a new OS. I could see advantages for BB10 in each area -- well, maybe not the camera -- but, I didn't see enough of an advantage to justify them learning a new OS. Sure, the iphone showed notifications of new mail on its LCD screen rather than via a flashing LED, which I preferred, but the Apple experience was pretty good. I think enthusiasts and fanboys miss that almost all the top phones on the top platforms are excellent these days. This idea that the consumer is suffering... is sort of just... wrong.

At any rate, I *would* buy my parents a Z30 based on reviews. Their hearing isn't the greatest and the one thing they constantly wish for is better call quality. Seems to me the 4 microphone array and speakers on the Z30 trounce the speakers on the iPhone5 and maybe even the 3 microphone array on the iPhone5. Given their usage, and the noticeable difference in speaker loudness and the new codecs, etc. That's a big improvement in what amounts to the real reason they own a phone -- to talk on it and listen!

Anyway, I own phones from all 4 of the major platforms and even though my newest iPhone is a 4S, I can say this: All the phones today are good. Someone can walk into a carrier store and randomly choose whether they get a iPhone 5s, S4, Lumia 1020, or Z30 (if it were available) and they'd get an awesome phone no matter what. Sure, the Z30 might be a little better for messaging, but they'll all have push email, social account integration, apps, etc., etc. Maybe the grass isn't greener on the other side, but let's not forget that it *is* green on the other side. I don't think we can actively anticipate what BlackBerry faces until we acknowledge that.
    I totally agree with you!

Sent from my Z30
    10-09-13 12:17 PM
    I had an Android previously. Way too many customization options. BB10 is so simple to use and easy to change settings. I love it. I think BB10 is excellent. I use the Hub all the time and I love Remember and the flicking on the keyboard.

Posted via CB10
    10-10-13 10:25 PM
    And believe it or not Candy Crush is one of the reasons in moving to iPhone.

Posted via CB10

Or:

?
    (pick your preferred one, dear readers )

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by MarsupilamiX; 10-11-13 at 01:30 AM.
    badiyee likes this.
    10-11-13 01:15 AM
119 ... 345