Well, actually you can. And it's really easy.

Easier than you may have thought...

Imagine this. BlackBerry has gone. No more. All done. Finito...

And now you have to decide what the hell else you're going to use.

But that's ok, The BB10 experience didn't cut it, yes?

Oh dear...

Let me ask you this. Would you swap:

The Hub for separate apps that won't shut?
    The Z10/Z30 touchscreen keyboard (or Q10/Q5 physical keyboard) for any other?
    Buttery smooth for unexplained lag?
    An undeveloped app store for one with potential viruses that are bad enough to literally take your money?
    A blinking notification LED for nothing at all?
    A phone that gets a signal where others don't?

Would you give all that up for Candy Crush?

Product good. Management bad. And I, for one, don't want it to go...

The grass is, in no way greener on the other side, no matter what they say and it's us, the consumer (prosumer??!!), of all platforms, who loses out most of all.

So, to all those you wish bad on BlackBerry, whatever their faults - and there are many and they are deep - I say this:

Be careful what you wish for.
    Last edited by bigglybobblyboo; 10-06-13 at 05:50 PM.
    10-06-13 05:26 PM
    I adore your threads.
    10-06-13 05:27 PM
    I adore your threads.
    I adore your comments

Posted Via CB10 On The Brother Of Future Z30
    10-06-13 05:29 PM
    I adore your threads.
    Lolo and the award for most dillusional goes too....

Posted via CB10
    astro_charles likes this.
    10-06-13 05:30 PM
    Great post OP. I had the painful experience of having to use android for a few days against recently. I think if I can't get BlackBerry in the future I might just go back to a flip phone.

Posted via CB10
    10-06-13 05:35 PM
    I cant defend BlackBerry, but I can defend BB10 as an OS.

I honestly believe it will survive regardless what happens to the parent company.
    10-06-13 05:36 PM
    Great post OP. I had the painful experience of having to use android for a few days against recently. I think if I can't get BlackBerry in the future I might just go back to a flip phone.
    That's why a set amount of tech agnosticism is good, IMHO. I think I could get away with using almost any platform if the one I needed wasn't available. Even iOS LOL. I'd prefer not to, but could if needed.

I don't think anyone will have to crack out the flip phones just yet. BB10 is still kicking.
    10-06-13 05:38 PM
    I adore your threads.
    Well, adore it up baby!
    Tre Lawrence likes this.
    10-06-13 05:38 PM

Posted via CB10
    It isn't good, is it? No matter what they come on and say.

I was about to say how disappointed I was with a WP keyboard last night on my friends Nokia but - I'll save that one - it was awful!
    10-06-13 05:41 PM
    That's why a set amount of tech agnosticism is good, IMHO. I think I could get away with using almost any platform if the one I needed wasn't available. Even iOS LOL. I'd prefer not to, but could if needed.

I don't think anyone will have to crack out the flip phones just yet. BB10 is still kicking.
    I hope you're right. I've become pretty addicted to BlackBerry 10.

Posted via CB10
    web99 and moody like this.
    10-06-13 05:41 PM

Well, adore it up baby!
    I do suggest a moratorium on a use of the word "prosumer" till we sort out what it is.
    10-06-13 05:42 PM

Posted via CB10

That's where being subject to the whims of management is a bit distasteful. Nevertheless, I am hoping the platform makes it through unscathed.

I am dreamer though. I still hope and pray that WebOS gets revived as well.
    10-06-13 05:44 PM

Posted via CB10
    That's the thing though, isn't it? It took a week of getting used to but how many posts do you see, time after time, of BB10 users trying to swipe on all sorts of stuff.

It actually turned out to be pure CrackBerry!
    janjan11 and moody like this.
    10-06-13 05:49 PM
    That's where being subject to the whims of management is a bit distasteful. Nevertheless, I am hoping the platform makes it through unscathed.

I am dreamer though. I still hope and pray that WebOS gets revived as well.
    Me too. I'm still considering buying a pre 3 off Amazon.

Posted via CB10
    10-06-13 05:59 PM
    Absolutely love your enthusiasm! I will support the platform until the end. For me also one of the most burning questions: whereto from here if BB is no more. Although I use IOS and Android daily, I can't imagine myself living without my Z10 and the OS. Its a matter of personal preference I guess, but I don't want to think that far ahead. Not now...
    Anilu7 likes this.
    10-06-13 06:01 PM
    That's the thing though, isn't it? It took a week of getting used to but how many posts do you see, time after time, of BB10 users trying to swipe on all sorts of stuff.

It actually turned out to be pure CrackBerry!
    It's true. I do it as well. I'm not going to say the other ways of navigating are bad. I just think the BlackBerry 10 way is a pleasure and it's difficult to go back to more traditional navigation.

Posted via CB10
    Anilu7 likes this.
    10-06-13 06:01 PM
    Lol... Couldn't agree more.
    BB10 is addictive.
    10-06-13 06:11 PM
    Amen!

Posted via CB10
    10-06-13 06:12 PM
    After using my Bold 9900 for 18 months, I decided to do an early upgrade, this past March, to an android device. Your post rings so true to me - the lag on the android device was so unbelievable that it almost rendered the device unusable. I bailed out of the android machine and just purchased a new Q10. I am so thrilled and impressed with this device - it just works so well, such a pleasure to have, and the LED puts it over the top. I hope Blackberry remains in some form so that when it is time to replace my Q10 I will have another option. But, I am going to enjoy the heck out of this wonderful business communications tool.
    smart548 and jafrul like this.
    10-06-13 06:20 PM
    My mates have all bailed to Samsung in South Africa , the number one comment when they see my Z10 is, how's the spinning clock? Blackberry could really have advertised how Bb10 doesn't have that. I played with my brothers g4, it's nice but that's it. My Z10 is so functional against it. End of story, it's apps and the cool factor. Plus Samsung sponsors everything now days from British football to iPhones.
    10-06-13 06:31 PM
    OK, I'll bite. I have a Nexus 4 and SGS3.
    Both have notification led's.
    No one has stolen money from my bank account.
    No lag on Nexus, occasional on SGS3 but nothing to complain about.
    Swiftkey is awesome.

I somehow think if Blackberry is taken off life support you will survive. But you could always use 2 tin cans and string.
    bp3dots, VJMotz, m1a1mg and 5 others like this.
    10-06-13 06:32 PM
    I have tried. I have an HTC One, that I keep, just in case. Every so often, I say, ok - making the switch for all those apps. You know what, they don't matter. I can side load them all, and I care more about the hub and the keyboard.

And, frankly, the responsiveness and the speed. It is too good.

Posted via CB10
    Anilu7 likes this.
    10-06-13 06:39 PM
    OK, I'll bite. I have a Nexus 4 and SGS3.
    Both have notification led's.
    No one has stolen money from my bank account.
    No lag on Nexus, occasional on SGS3 but nothing to complain about.
    Swiftkey is awesome.

I somehow think if Blackberry is taken off life support you will survive. But you could always use 2 tin cans and string.
    That's you biting huh. Thanks for biting. There's nothing wrong with your love for android. There's nothing wrong with our love for BlackBerry. It isn't biting. It's recognizing we all have different preferences.

Posted via CB10
    10-06-13 06:52 PM
    I don't get it. Defend BlackBerry 10 from what or who? I haven't seen the need to defend BB10 at all. Some people don't like it for all kinds of reasons. It's lacking what they want..... it doesn't do what they used to do...... some find it non-intuitive.......... others don't want to learn it...... What's to defend?
    21stNow likes this.
    10-06-13 06:52 PM
    I've tried them all (still on WP at the moment), and I can safely say that nothing out there now is as good [for what I use a phone for] as the Blackberry was. Last BB I had was the 9860, and then the 9900 after that, and they rocked. Since then I've tried Android (HTC One X, SGS3) both with the default load as well as various 3rd party builds, and WP on the Lumia 920--and of course, the venerable iPhone 5. They all get some things right, but for the core duties I have to say none have been as reliable and straightforward to use as the BB.

I will be visiting my AT&T store tomorrow to buy a Q10 outright... and I will not look back.
    10-06-13 06:57 PM
119 123 ...