I was just looking at it one day and i just thought WOW what a eligant looking smartphone and tablet
    Using Torch 9860 and Playbook
    12-16-11 06:20 PM
    I very much agree, the BlackBerry look is sharp,
    The PlayBook is very clean looking and is a nice size, the size and shape of the BlackBerry has always been pretty consistent and attractive, the 9000, and the 9900 very much being a classy looking phone,

in terms of elegant devices RIM certainly has managed to continually put out smart looking devices with complex line requirements, Apple has the sharpest looking full touchscreen phone, but I like the lines on the 9900 far more.

and on the tablet side, non look as attractive or smart as the playbook to me,
    12-16-11 07:04 PM
    I have to agree with this. Elegant, yet still appropriate in a professional setting. I loved it when I had my silver 8830, that thing was beautiful!

azrin640 likes this.
    12-16-11 07:05 PM
    I have to admit, the Blackberry devices are SHARP looking and always have been. The difference between jeans and a tuxedo in my opinion.... they just look GOOD along with being recognized in any venue
    12-16-11 07:13 PM
    I was just looking at it one day and i just thought WOW what a eligant looking smartphone and tablet
    Not to be a spelling nazi but the word you want is 'elegant'. But yeah you are so right about the elegant couple called BlackBerry Smartphone and Tablet.
    12-16-11 07:19 PM
    I have to agree with this. Elegant, yet still appropriate in a professional setting. I loved it when I had my silver 8830, that thing was beautiful!

Click to view quoted image
    you know if they took that phone, and replaced the ball with a silver ROUND trackpad, added .3" to the screen and made it 3'' thicker that would be one beautiful device for TODAY
    114 x 66 x 11 mm with a 640 x 480 pixels, 2.8" screen.
    would be much nicer than the P9981,
    12-16-11 07:49 PM
    Not a bit. It is not elegant. The 9930 looks good, but just doesn't perform. Could not buy with all the quality control issues. The people that see your playbook must smile and see that luxury tablet you have
    12-16-11 08:41 PM
    Not a bit. It is not elegant. The 9930 looks good, but just doesn't perform. Could not buy with all the quality control issues. The people that see your playbook must smile and see that luxury tablet you have
    My 9900 performs amazingly well, as does my PlayBook, which has done its share of impressing in meetings and conferences.

the 9900(30) doesn't do the same that an iPhone or Android slab does, but to say it doesn't perform does it a great disservice,
    menaknow likes this.
    12-16-11 08:59 PM
    I love the Torch 9850/9860 and believe it should have been Blackberrys flagship model. Love the keyboard equiped Bold, but lets face it, it looks old fashioned and will not be turning any heads in the current smartphone market.
    12-16-11 09:13 PM
    you know if they took that phone, and replaced the ball with a silver ROUND trackpad, added .3" to the screen and made it 3'' thicker that would be one beautiful device for TODAY
    114 x 66 x 11 mm with a 640 x 480 pixels, 2.8" screen.
    would be much nicer than the P9981,
    They would need to add the memory, and the camera, and it would be all set. One of the nicest devices I have ever laid my hands on though, the in hand feel was superb.
    12-16-11 09:16 PM
    They would need to add the memory, and the camera, and it would be all set. One of the nicest devices I have ever laid my hands on though, the in hand feel was superb.
    well ya they'd need the internals of a 9900 or Better. but the LOOK would be beautiful
    12-16-11 09:18 PM
    Some devices are not meant for everyone. I didn't care for my iPhone 3GS and after 1 year with 2 years to go for an upgrade I bought a Bold 9900 and have never regretted the decision.

Two other coworkers loved and swore by there 3GS so much they got each an iPhone 4. Other coworkers saw my 9900, liked what they saw and upgraded. They have no complaints either.

As for my playbook individuals are amazed when they see me watching shows like the Big Bang Theory via CTV (Canadian television channel) on my way to/from work.

But in the end of the day, I get so much done thanks to these two devices, I don't give a **** what others think...
    12-16-11 09:27 PM
    I was just thinking this the other day and I only have a 9330. The phone is just nice to look at coming from someone who has had all 3 platforms and I forget the number of phones I've had.
    12-16-11 09:27 PM
    I love the Torch 9850/9860 and believe it should have been Blackberrys flagship model. Love the keyboard equiped Bold, but lets face it, it looks old fashioned and will not be turning any heads in the current smartphone market.
    Shhhhhh. Don't tell them. We saved a lot of money this way.
    12-16-11 09:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD