Ok, I think I did read your other thread but didn't pay attention to the name on it. But, for the record, when saying it was a "HUGE misstep for BB", and "treating the US as a secondary market" implied, at least to me, that you were blaming BB for this one. I apologize if I misread and misunderstood your post.
    Sorry, I realize I contradicted myself a bit there.

Blackberry is, to some degree, at fault for the bad launch news. Now, the onus really is on the carriers dragging their collective butts, but Blackberry ultimately winds up with the blame with the way these things play out. Your average consumer doesn't know even a modicum of the effort it takes to bring a product to market, and it almost always falls on the manufacturer and not the reseller.

BB effectively missed one of the basic tenets of management- uncertainty avoidance. Granted, I'm speculating here, but I hope that BB at least approached the (unenthusiastic when announcing their support of BB10) US carriers and said "hey, you're not going to screw us here, are you?"

****, BB might even have a decent case for civil suit on basis of detrimental reliance given what agreements might have been made.
    cjcampbell and rottonj like this.
    01-31-13 12:39 AM
    Only on Crackberry would someone label people who put down their hard-earned money for a phone as 'ungrateful'.
    To think so many people 'liked' this inanity
    01-31-13 02:07 AM
    Only on Crackberry would someone label people who put down their hard-earned money for a phone as 'ungrateful'.
    To think so many people 'liked' this inanity
    no, u totally don't get it man. rim has been gracious enough to launch this product that has only been delayed twice, and now has released it in every market except for the US, and now these ungrateful idiots are crying over losing money by investing in a company they believe in and then only having to wait another two months in spite of many, many previous promises!

/sarcasm
    rottonj likes this.
    01-31-13 02:49 AM
    now these ungrateful idiots are crying over losing money by investing in a company they believe in and then only having to wait another two months in spite of many, many previous promises!
    The promised date was Q1, which includes March... Just saying.
    01-31-13 02:55 AM
    Ungrateful.
    Yes.

We have a new brilliantly great platform, an amazing device and a brand that has always given us beautiful memories.

Nay sayers can just go rot!
    01-31-13 02:57 AM
    The promised date was Q1, which includes March... Just saying.
    A company has responsibility to its shareholders first. Stakeholders should be accommodated on a horizontal level if at all possible.

The launch effort had poor focus, poor presentation, poor "surprises", and poor overall execution. The stock is down over 12% in one day because Blackberry looks like it's slipping into its old habits. Once again, Blackberry is trying to preach to the choir, rather than showcase the strengths and abilities of the new platforms. Their Q&A about the US market delays were all non-answers in which Blackberry should have made it abundantly clear (if it actually is the case) that the carriers have had the phones for testing for months and their failure to bring them to market shortly after launch is a large missed opportunity for them.

Still releasing in Q1 by technicality is whatever- it's whether or not the company will survive the next 8 weeks that matters.

Blackberry won't succeed by playing a passive game propped up on what little brand equity they have left. They need to be active and assert their strengths.

Maybe BB10 isn't the platform for Blackberry at the moment, seeing as it's "for those who do".
    01-31-13 03:07 AM
    OK, I'm disappointed on some things and happy on others.

Wanted WhatsApp. Got it.
    Wanted Instagram. Didn't get it.

Wanted it at 549 off contract. It will be 600 - 650
    Wanted to get it right away - will have to wait to at least March.
    Wanted white, wished for red. White is only Verizon and I'm on AT&T.
    By losing BIS there is question as to how email will come in, with a possible fifteen minute delays. Dang it if my SGIII and my iPhone will get emails faster THAN A BLACKBERRY.
    Profiles have changed and won't have the depth of customisation as I have now.

This isn't a matter of being grateful or ungrateful. There was no grace to be got here. This is a product, not a present. This is a company that produces something that I want to purchase using money that I earned. This is not a gift. They are not doing me any favours. Gratefulness does not play into it.
    01-31-13 03:10 AM
    Funny how it's only non U.S. people that point the finger and say things like.. come on guys its not that bad.. Ever notice that??? It's only non U.S. people saying that..

Well all I can say is.. It's easy for you to say. This is an epic mistake made by BlackBerry. This going to hurt them severly. That is the truth.

I'm pi$$ed as ****. And I can't say enough how shocked I am that they're making us wait 8 weeks after the announcment. Wall Street is not going to react well to this. The bleeding will continue. All over a ridiculous mistake. If it was the carrier's fault, then BlackBerry should have made their announcement in the end of February to make the wait at least acceptable.. But 8 weeks is honestly and truthfully unacceptable. Period
    Awwww.....poor baby....are you serious????? "Epic mistake"? Really? Has the thought even crossed your mind that the US carriers don't really WANT to
    support Blackberry? There is enough pressure from customers to get Blackberry products that they reluctantly (yes, you heard me) are going to carry the
    Blackberry products to give the illusion of choice. They will not be knowledgeable. They will steer customers away from Blackberry, and over to Apple (notice I didn't mention Android).

The smartphone market is cutthroat as it is, and the carriers are going to push the products they want. In the US, it will be Apple over everything else.

My suggestion would be to not wait for the Z10 or Q10, and head over to your friendly neighborhood iSheep store and pick up an I5. Or an I4s. Or an I4. Doesn't
    really matter...they are all they same. Leave the tools to the big boys.

Grow up, man.
    01-31-13 03:15 AM
    I'm with Verizon Einstein. RIM didn't deliver but as noted by Canada and the UK, some consumers stuck with them to keep them afloat. Ultimately, WE in the US of A went with other more dynamic choices and RIM went into the tank.

At any rate, just a response to those who say Americans just need to be happy and wait. I can guarantee you that is not the stance blackberry wants or intended.
    You are correct. Absolutely correct. At least about Blackberry being happy with the late US launch. However...it isn't Canadian, or American users that kept RIM afloat...it's the
    International market that Apple and Android have yet to control....this remains in the hands of RIM, currently. Having said that...the American market has had a significant effect
    on the North American market...for a variety of reasons.

I would like nothing more than to see the BB product available in the US at the same time, or earlier than the rest of the continent...but the reality is that the love that your carriers
    have for Apple (specifically) and Android (not as much as Apple), is nowhere near the support needed to help market the new BB products. I hope that changes, but I'm not
    holding my breath.
    01-31-13 03:31 AM
    I don't think I've ever sworn in a text before, but wtf is up with this "haha you americans suck we're happy to see you upset" sentiment. Geez we are not all the same and just because a bunch are ungrateful doesn't mean we can't be disappointed that what we hoped for didn't come true. We don't all blame rim/bb or verizon, we're just as excited as you were and disappointed we can't get one. Yes, sure, we can wait, we are mature adults, our life isn't going to fall apart, but can't we be disappointed? /done
    Absolutely....and you're right...Americans, like Canadians, are NOT all the same.

Personally, I don't think that any Canadian here is "happy" to see the US launch delay...but I also think that many Americans who are slamming RIM as a result are
    not being fair to RIM, and aren't doing their homework and finding out WHY the delay exists. RIM clearly would love to launch sooner than that, but it's the carriers
    that make that decision.

I hope you guys get it really soon...I ordered mine today, and I am really excited to get it. I'd love for my neighbors to the south to share in the same excitement.
    01-31-13 03:42 AM
    RIM has released the phones. Anyone that is not selling the phones starting tomorrow its totally their doing
    I love you. read my mind. LOL!
    01-31-13 03:48 AM
    the carriers aren't going to release the phone with issues on there network. I don't see why you would blame carriers if the device is a potential headache and they want to iron out the problems.

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk 2
    .....and you know for a fact that the Z10 has "issues" on the U.S. networks? Really? You might want to let the rest of the planet know, because CLEARLY, the U.S. has
    the most advanced cellular networks on the planet.

Get real.
    01-31-13 03:50 AM
    A month ago you were hyped about the launch of BB10 now that its out you guys are complaining. You got skype, you got the OS. Just because most carriers won't have the phone until march or april you guys are throwing a fit. To make matters worse we have these biased reviews from tech sites. They said BB10 wasn't a spec race it was about the experience. Be glad it got released today.
    We're the consumer. We are always right. We should be glad it was released today?? All hail BlackBerry. There are plenty of other phones me and anyone else could purchase. BB just like any other company needs to earn business. Stop drinking the juice.
    rottonj, HalloSpaceboy16 and Mvor7 like this.
    01-31-13 04:08 AM
    We're the consumer. We are always right. We should be glad it was released today?? All hail BlackBerry. There are plenty of other phones me and anyone else could purchase. BB just like any other company needs to earn business. Stop drinking the juice.
    Feel free to help yourself to a large, supersized helping of Apple and Android. Followed by a diet coke.
    01-31-13 04:17 AM
    The delay is definitely frustrating. It probably is the carriers faults though. I don't see why BlackBerry is even running a super bowl ad now though, no one will remember it after a month. It doesn't look good either, run an ad that says you can get one, but have to wait another month, people will see this as yet another delay! Also I hope email doesn't get totally messed up now with this ActiveSync way of doing things.

Sent from my BlackBerry 8530 using Tapatalk
    01-31-13 04:27 AM
    By losing BIS there is question as to how email will come in, with a possible fifteen minute delays. Dang it if my SGIII and my iPhone will get emails faster THAN A BLACKBERRY.
    don't both your droid and iphone run exchange activesync? unless you're talking about pop/imap......

"Built-in support for Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync� so your BlackBerry Z10 or BlackBerry Q10 smartphone can be simply connected and managed as other ActiveSync devices in a company, or enabled with BlackBerry� Enterprise Service 10 to gain secure access to work email, �behind the firewall� applications and data, and benefit from other security and enterprise mobility management features."

http://bostinno.com/2013/01/30/black...ricing-photos/
    01-31-13 04:45 AM
    don't both your droid and iphone run exchange activesync? unless you're talking about pop/imap......

"Built-in support for Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync� so your BlackBerry Z10 or BlackBerry Q10 smartphone can be simply connected and managed as other ActiveSync devices in a company, or enabled with BlackBerry� Enterprise Service 10 to gain secure access to work email, �behind the firewall� applications and data, and benefit from other security and enterprise mobility management features."

http://bostinno.com/2013/01/30/black...ricing-photos/
    No active sync, never needed because of BIS. My hotmail accounts, gmail and even old aol all come in instantly to my iPhone and Androids.

But here is the thing...why?????? BB has always been the epitome of communication. So frustrated with this company.

I will reserve all judgement until June. To me, this phone is not worth a penny over 199.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
    01-31-13 04:52 AM
    no, u totally don't get it man. rim has been gracious enough to launch this product that has only been delayed twice, and now has released it in every market except for the US, and now these ungrateful idiots are crying over losing money by investing in a company they believe in and then only having to wait another two months in spite of many, many previous promises!

/sarcasm
    Good thing you added the sarcasm indicator; I almost took your comment seriously. BlackBerry is still the old Research In Motion. I was watching an in-depth segment about BlackBerry 10 on the CBC in which there was a piece featuring some management-type congratulating the developers for their efforts to bring a perfect user experience. I choked on my orange juice in light of Kevin's fair and balanced review yesterday noting many areas with 'rough edges'.
    01-31-13 05:41 AM
    No active sync, never needed because of BIS. My hotmail accounts, gmail and even old aol all come in instantly to my iPhone and Androids.

But here is the thing...why?????? BB has always been the epitome of communication. So frustrated with this company.

I will reserve all judgement until June. To me, this phone is not worth a penny over 199.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
    Your emails go to your SG3 and iPhone because they use ActiveSync. The new BB's use it as well so there won't be any difference in delivery times..... or at least there shouldn't be.
    01-31-13 08:06 AM
    Blackberry should admit and say its because we have a bad economy and prefer stronger numbers in strong countries with a solid economy.
    01-31-13 08:14 AM
    Hi, glass half full guy here.

Can I just point out that February is the shortest month, so we'll technically get BB10 sooner than if the same thing had been said at the end of another month

Si.
    01-31-13 08:29 AM
    Ok this is an honest question, not anything else.

Didn't I read that the processor on the US phone was different than other areas? Or maybe the LTE radio or something?

As cut throat as the US cell phone market is and as desperate as Blackberry had to be to get the phone into the US market I can't help but wonder why ALL the US carriers are releasing March or later.

Could there be a technical issue that is driving the release date? Or was there an issue that delayed testing in the US?
    01-31-13 08:32 AM
    If it was all carrier issues,
    - Why delay BB10 to say it was to get carriers on board, then say you can't launch when the carriers aren't on board.
    - If it's only carrier related, why is it not available Sim Free, like Android devices through the Play store?
    This is not all on the carriers, not by a long shot.
    rottonj likes this.
    01-31-13 08:40 AM
    If it was all carrier issues,
    - Why delay BB10 to say it was to get carriers on board, then say you can't launch when the carriers aren't on board.
    - If it's only carrier related, why is it not available Sim Free, like Android devices through the Play store?
    This is not all on the carriers, not by a long shot.
    Totally agree.
    01-31-13 08:44 AM
    Ok this is an honest question, not anything else.

Didn't I read that the processor on the US phone was different than other areas? Or maybe the LTE radio or something?

As cut throat as the US cell phone market is and as desperate as Blackberry had to be to get the phone into the US market I can't help but wonder why ALL the US carriers are releasing March or later.

Could there be a technical issue that is driving the release date? Or was there an issue that delayed testing in the US?
    The US is using the same processor that Canada is.
    01-31-13 08:50 AM
145 ... 23456