This musical interlude provided by....Queen

01-30-13 09:41 PM
    Uuh, no. We're not going to let the US carriers hold us back for 8 weeks.
    This is why I still say, Blackberry needs to sell their own unlocked devices! I don't know why they don't understand this!!!
    The CB Nation alone would have grabbed thousands of them today, not to mention enormous sales on Superbowl Day!!!
    01-30-13 09:50 PM
    The real problem is RIM talking up QNX and BB10 for close to 2 years and only having the PlayBook to show for it.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2
    Well, problem solved... Z10 and Q10
    cjcampbell and revtech like this.
    01-30-13 09:52 PM
    The Americans complain when they see the delicious cake is being withheld from them for 8 more weeks. Thinking that BlackBerry deliberately announce things only to make it available 2 months later, completely oblivious to the fact that, yes, it's out in UK starting 31st January. BlackBerry made it available faster than Apple ever could. Ever seen an Apple announcement in which the device is available directly the next day? Yeah, BlackBerry did just that. Remember: there's a reason Street Fighter featured someone named "Ryu". There's more to this Earth than America
    KermEd likes this.
    01-30-13 10:05 PM
    And when will the Q10 be available? April? It may be too late. That's not Q1 (as has been mentioned 1,000 times).

The event was overhyped (all sorts of surprises). It disappointed many (seriously, how much could they show in an hour) and March is still Q1.

Many here believed or were led to believe that Q1 meant January. Some posted specific dates. All rumors and hogwash.

So now the Z10 is almost out. Let's look at what it does and doesn't do, what RIMBerry needs to fix and what apps we truly want that aren't available yet. I am not finding a bunch of stuff I use on a daily basis on both my old BB and my Windows Phone 8 (which, of course, has no apps. Except it does).

I really wish the Q10 was released today - it is elegant and looks great. Would take that any day over the Zee/Zed 10. Which is OK.
    01-30-13 10:07 PM
    Why does this have to be a Canada vs. U.S. thing? Not cool.

I think what the OP was saying was at least it got released instead of being delayed again, if they did that they'd be torn apart just as much as they are now. And who said 8 weeks? In my time zone March starts in 4 weeks.
    01-30-13 10:27 PM
    You really think RIM doesn't want to sell to a market that's far bigger than Canada? Where's the logic in that?
    No I think that something is wrong. Either the software still isn't 100%, or RIM can't make enough product for a global launch, or the LTE isn't ready for the most developed LTE market in the world. Their is no way that all four carriers indepently came up with March release window if they could sell them now, to improbable, therefore logic would say they are all four selling them as soon as they can, which is when RIM supplies them with product, in March.
    Clinto, jimpilot and rottonj like this.
    01-30-13 10:50 PM
    Canadians having to wait the stock market does not seem to care. The Americans having to wait causes the Stock Market to take a big tumble. This is what many of us Americans are concerned with. That and the fact that the critics are and will be using this as another slam at Blackberry.
    Clinto likes this.
    01-30-13 10:59 PM
    Canadians having to wait the stock market does not seem to care. The Americans having to wait causes the Stock Market to take a big tumble. This is what many of us Americans are concerned with. That and the fact that the critics are and will be using this as another slam at Blackberry.
    Bingo!!
    01-30-13 11:07 PM
    Why does it have to be a World vs US thing?

Why and how are folks so disappointed? The phone is by far better than what most of us have right now! Yes it is different, but that is what we ALL wanted. We were tired of being last! Slow browser, not so good apps and whatever elsse made us long for something else. These to handsets get us back into the game. The platform is rich and expandable, a fine wine is not made in a day or year! What does iphone and android have that is better? Apps? A camera? Really? At least NOW, we have something ot build upon.

The US launch not really being a launch sucks. But how many of you were early adopters of the Storm? How did that go for you? I am just as disappointed but I will wait it out. I'd rather ride that horse till it drops dead before I give up and shoot it.
    01-30-13 11:16 PM
    A month ago you were hyped about the launch of BB10 now that its out you guys are complaining. You got skype, you got the OS. Just because most carriers won't have the phone until march or april you guys are throwing a fit. To make matters worse we have these biased reviews from tech sites. They said BB10 wasn't a spec race it was about the experience. Be glad it got released today.
    I'm going to throw a massive tantrum, scream, cry and hold my breath. Then I'm going to go buy another brand because I can't wait 8 weeks (or my upgrade magically just became available on Jan 30. Wow what a coincidence!! right...). Once I do that, I'm suddenly going to change from liking BB10 and start bashing it, all while now proclaiming my new phone is better. I don't want innovation. I want to see BB fail, and have iPhone and Android achieve a stranglehold on the market so that I have as few options as possible. All because of 8 weeks.
    /sarcasm

Seriously? I'm willing to bet only a very small number of US customers are affected because they're already on contract anyway.
    01-30-13 11:16 PM
    I'm just sad that I can't have a Z10 until March. I think people are just frustrated. It's frustrating because the Z10 looks incredible and the one market that BlackBerry so badly needs to win back won't get the Z10 until "late March" (the Q10 I was mentally prepared to wait a little bit for, considering the Dev Alpha C was only given to developers this month, AND all reviews of the Q10 today were handled by BlackBerry employees..is it so unready that no one else can handle it??)

I blame the carriers for not launching the Z10 until March though, because it's out in the UK tomorrow and in Canada within a couple days. I just hope for the sake of BlackBerry, that they can keep the excitement alive with U.S. consumers for the next TWO MONTHS. That is quite a long time to keep people on the hook. And THINK of all the Androids that will be available to us in the meantime (not that I'd ever spend a cent on an Android, but people that might be looking to get away from Android will probably be tempted to stay with the Samsung Galaxy S IV, rumored to be coming in March...).

One page that I do wish BlackBerry would take out of Apple's book, is Apple's habit of showing us cool sh1t and letting us buy it from them immediately or almost immediately after it's announced. I also wish BlackBerry would sell phones directly. I'd buy an unlocked one at full retail to use on T-Mobile right NOW.
    totally and...completely and...absolutely agree.
    01-30-13 11:47 PM
    Meh......

People are frustrated, and they're venting. They'll soon cool down, and in a month be happy campers.

Far as taking a page out of Apple's playbook. BB10 will be available on more carriers in March, than the iphone is now, afaik. And remember, for the longest time, it was only available on a few, very select carriers.
    Ah, yes, but you could also go into an Apple store and buy it unlocked. Slightly different.
    01-30-13 11:53 PM
    I think a lot of the "dumb Americans" sentiment is due to misreading why US BB fans are disappointed or angry-

I can wait a month or two for a phone, whatever. The pivotal issue is that I want to see BB10 succeed, and treating the US as a secondary market (you know, the country with Wall Street and the ability to make or break a company) is a HUGE misstep for BB. This is why I am mad. I would like the Z10 to not be my last Blackberry phone.

Sure, you can think that the American consumer doesn't matter all that much to the survival of a company, but our media sure does.
    kevinnugent, rottonj and Clinto like this.
    01-31-13 12:07 AM
    I think that BlackBerry did this on purpose so that when the phones launch in America there is a lot oh hype around it from the rest of the world to help with marketing.
    01-31-13 12:09 AM
    Here's a thought, from reading the Z10 Review on CB homepage, Kevin gives a list of suggested improvements that could be better for the OS. Those things hopefully might be added as an update to the phones that people in the UK will receive as well as the US. This would be great If they did and then everyone would be on board for March and maybe Just maybe Those Big apps will be available by then.
    Jedi_Blackberry and rottonj like this.
    01-31-13 12:10 AM
    Here's a thought, from reading the Z10 Review on CB homepage, Kevin gives a list of suggested improvements that could be better for the OS. Those things hopefully might be added as an update to the phones that people in the UK will receive as well as the US. This would be great If they did and then everyone would be on board for March and maybe Just maybe Those Big apps will be available by then.
    Oh, I see. Use the UK and Canadian folks as Beta Testers???
    01-31-13 12:19 AM
    I think a lot of the "dumb Americans" sentiment is due to misreading why US BB fans are disappointed or angry-

I can wait a month or two for a phone, whatever. The pivotal issue is that I want to see BB10 succeed, and treating the US as a secondary market (you know, the country with Wall Street and the ability to make or break a company) is a HUGE misstep for BB. This is why I am mad. I would like the Z10 to not be my last Blackberry phone.

Sure, you can think that the American consumer doesn't matter all that much to the survival of a company, but our media sure does.
    GAH..... Again, this is not in the hands of BB. It has to do with the carriers not having it through there certification process. They want it in your hands as much as you do. They did not shun you, nor did they think that you can simply wait. If you want to vent, send messages to the uppers at the carriers in the US and hold them accountable for THEIR delays.
    01-31-13 12:19 AM
    RIM has released the phones. Anyone that is not selling the phones starting tomorrow its totally their doing
    jakie55 likes this.
    01-31-13 12:21 AM
    GAH..... Again, this is not in the hands of BB. It has to do with the carriers not having it through there certification process. They want it in your hands as much as you do. They did not shun you, nor did they think that you can simply wait. If you want to vent, send messages to the uppers at the carriers in the US and hold them accountable for THEIR delays.
    I never said it was the fault of BB, I'm simply saying where the anger is coming from. If you read my other thread, I have called uppers with US carriers.

I'll make my point simple. If BB10 fails in the US, BB as a company will likely fail. This means no more future BB phones. In the media and public eye, the US receiving the devices later will be seen as a fault made by BB. People aren't ******** about not having their BB for another 4-8 weeks, they're more mad about the possibility of BB failing.
    Clinto likes this.
    01-31-13 12:23 AM
    it's the carriers... exact EXACT same botched launch happened just a few months ago with Windows Phone 8.
    jakie55 likes this.
    01-31-13 12:24 AM
    it's the carriers... exact EXACT same botched launch happened just a few months ago with Windows Phone 8.
    botched launch? yikes
    01-31-13 12:26 AM
    Oh, I see. Use the UK and Canadian folks as Beta Testers???
    Lol, nooo don't even compare me to Nokia and their Lumia beta tester commercials. Heck no. I do agree with Kevin's list of improvements and I hope that BlackBerry puts out updates for everyone so that everyone can be happy and when March rolls around it will be satisfactory to one's liking. Skype is committed, but it's not actually there, but maybe it will be there come March. For now, people in the UK can rejoice and use Whatsapp and all the other apps in the new BlackBerry World. I'm happy for the UK, just want peace for everyone.
    cjcampbell and jakie55 like this.
    01-31-13 12:28 AM
    I never said it was the fault of BB, I'm simply saying where the anger is coming from. If you read my other thread, I have called uppers with US carriers.

I'll make my point simple. If BB10 fails in the US, BB as a company will likely fail. This means no more future BB phones. In the media and public eye, the US receiving the devices later will be seen as a fault made by BB. People aren't ******** about not having their BB for another 4-8 weeks, they're more mad about the possibility of BB failing.
    Ok, I think I did read your other thread but didn't pay attention to the name on it. But, for the record, when saying it was a "HUGE misstep for BB", and "treating the US as a secondary market" implied, at least to me, that you were blaming BB for this one. I apologize if I misread and misunderstood those points.
    01-31-13 12:30 AM
    the carriers aren't going to release the phone with issues on there network. I don't see why you would blame carriers if the device is a potential headache and they want to iron out the problems.

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk 2
    01-31-13 12:38 AM
145 12345 ...