I think its not necessarily the March USA release as it was released in other parts of the world and NOT in the USA. If everyone was getting it in March that would be better than just the USA. I'm sure you understand that OP, its like how come he gets candy today and I have to wait 30 days (or more) to get my candy.
    rickkel likes this.
    01-30-13 08:34 PM
    If it was the carrier's fault, then BlackBerry should have made their announcement in the end of February to make the wait at least acceptable.. But 8 weeks is honestly and truthfully unacceptable. Period
    Uuh, no. We're not going to let the US carriers hold us back for 8 weeks.
    01-30-13 08:35 PM
    Funny how it's only non U.S. people that point the finger and say things like.. come on guys its not that bad.. Ever notice that??? It's only non U.S. people saying that..

Well all I can say is.. It's easy for you to say. This is an epic mistake made by BlackBerry. This going to hurt them severly. That is the truth.

I'm pi$$ed as ****. And I can't say enough how shocked I am that they're making us wait 8 weeks after the announcment. Wall Street is not going to react well to this. The bleeding will continue. All over a ridiculous mistake. If it was the carrier's fault, then BlackBerry should have made their announcement in the end of February to make the wait at least acceptable.. But 8 weeks is honestly and truthfully unacceptable. Period
    Sooooooo, you think that because the US carriers haven't yet approved the new phones, the rest of the world should be delayed and forced to wait as well? Really? C'mon man. You do realize that out of the the almost 7 Billion people out there, the US accounts for approx 4.4 % of it right?
    01-30-13 08:38 PM
    Sooooooo, you think that because the US carriers haven't yet approved the new phones, the rest of the world should be delayed and forced to wait as well? Really? C'mon man. You do realize that out of the the almost 7 Billion people out there, the US accounts for approx 4.4 % of it right?
    If I can't have it, no one can!
    cjcampbell and Spencerdl like this.
    01-30-13 08:39 PM
    Funny how it's only non U.S. people that point the finger and say things like.. come on guys its not that bad.. Ever notice that??? It's only non U.S. people saying that..

Well all I can say is.. It's easy for you to say. This is an epic mistake made by BlackBerry. This going to hurt them severly. That is the truth.

I'm pi$$ed as ****. And I can't say enough how shocked I am that they're making us wait 8 weeks after the announcment. Wall Street is not going to react well to this. The bleeding will continue. All over a ridiculous mistake. If it was the carrier's fault, then BlackBerry should have made their announcement in the end of February to make the wait at least acceptable.. But 8 weeks is honestly and truthfully unacceptable. Period
    It's important for people not to overreact but it seems some can't help themselves...not you. It's about 6 weeks and may be less if the carriers get it moving and try do beat each other to the punch.
    This sight could sure use a dose of optimism. This is a good day for BlackBerry.

Edit - BTW, when the 9800 came out I wanted it (and still have it) but I had to wait a couple months while I watched my friends in the US get it first. I didn't feel the urge to come and complain about. I don't understand peoples frustration for getting a smartphone after someone else gets it before them. Sounds kind of childish.
    416to604 likes this.
    01-30-13 08:44 PM
    It's kind of a ridiculous stance that a consumer has to be "greatfull" to have to wait another 2 months to upgrade their phone. My contract has been up since last September and I've already waited this long when there are other phones out there that simply do more right now.

Au contraire, Blackberry needs to be greatfull there are consumers willing to deal with these delays. Sadly, they will probably lose quite a few. Mainly those who are carrying around 2 - 4 year old BBs and simply cannot and will not wait any longer.
    nquyen likes this.
    01-30-13 08:46 PM
    I'm in the US, on VZW. Not a dang chance of getting a phone sooner, and I'm saying calm down. The first quarter ain't over yet.
    01-30-13 08:46 PM
    If you love this company, then americans being in a bad mood about BB10 is not a marvelous sight at all. The ultimate destiny as you now know Blackberry to be depends on those snot nosed Americans and their money. It's the US consumer that brought Blackberry down and it is only they who can bring them back up. I can guarantee you Blackberry is equally not happy about a March release in the US and will continue to do all they can to push that up.
    Correction, oh dweller in the north. RIM brought BlackBerry down. Not Americans. RIM did. They failed to deliver ANYTHING and now BlackBerry is overpromising and underdelivering again.

Don't blame America for the failure of your beloved icon.
    01-30-13 08:48 PM
    There was a thread someone started that said that BlackBerry should have teasers and trailers, similar to the way movies are marketed. Well, if you're in the U.S., consider this launch your teaser/trailer. Was that person's "bright idea" spot on or would you rather have the device when it's announced?
    01-30-13 08:50 PM
    I thought the entire event was fantastic! It was nice to see that a company that I've grown to love for about four years now finally having its moment in the spotlight, releasing what I believe to be an awesome product! The entire time, though, I was waiting for pricing and availability and when I heard March for the U.S., I was pretty disheartened. I know it's not BlackBerry's fault and that had it been up to them, the Z10 would have been released to everyone on the 31st. What angers me the most, though, is that because of the U.S. carriers, BlackBerry is going to lose a lot of potential current and potential customers. A lot of people simply won't wait, especially with MWC coming next month. I really wanted my Z10, but more than that I wanted to see BlackBerry get every advantage it could, and this is definitely a setback.

The hope for me, though, is that Heins and BlackBerry are leaving stating March as if it were the latest possible timeframe. The wording seems to suggest that March is simply an estimation, but that the carriers are racing to bring these devices to market. If one does, it'll pull the others in. I think it's entirely possible to see BB10 devices in the U.S. by mid-late February.
    01-30-13 08:50 PM
    I don't think I've seen a post that says 'you shouldn't have it until we do' - well except the most recent one but I'll bet that's not exactly what they meant. I'm thrilled that my friends up north will have it and overjoyed that the UK will too. I'm also not happy that our carriers are late. Two separate thoughts that are not mutually exclusive.
    01-30-13 08:51 PM
    A month ago you were hyped about the launch of BB10 now that its out you guys are complaining. You got skype, you got the OS. Just because most carriers won't have the phone until march or april you guys are throwing a fit. To make matters worse we have these biased reviews from tech sites. They said BB10 wasn't a spec race it was about the experience. Be glad it got released today.
    It was released today, cool I'll go to my T-Mobile USA store tomorrow and pick one up. Oh that's right RIM isn't giving any US carrier the phones until March. Anyone who thinks all four US carriers were offered the phones to sell as early as tomorrow and all four came up with March release is insane. The carriers can't sell what RIM won't supply.
    93Aero likes this.
    01-30-13 08:56 PM
    Correction, oh dweller in the north. RIM brought BlackBerry down. Not Americans. RIM did. They failed to deliver ANYTHING and now BlackBerry is overpromising and underdelivering again.
    I beg to differ on one point.... they absolutely did NOT over promise. They promised Q1, 2013. The timeline is still on track for that. They gave no false hope, nor indicated it would be sooner. They are delivery on exactly what they said they would and now it's up to the carriers to get the approval process done to get these new phones on the market.
    01-30-13 08:57 PM

Damn! I missed the promise and the failure. Musta blinked.
    It was released today, cool I'll go to my T-Mobile USA store tomorrow and pick one up. Oh that's right RIM isn't giving any US carrier the phones until March. Anyone who thinks all four US carriers were offered the phones to sell as early as tomorrow and all four came up with March release is insane. The carriers can't sell what RIM won't supply.
    You really think RIM doesn't want to sell to a market that's far bigger than Canada? Where's the logic in that?
    You really think RIM doesn't want to sell to a market that's far bigger than Canada? Where's the logic in that?
    Ahhhh yes, remember, logic and emotion are polar opposites.
    01-30-13 09:02 PM

I'm with Verizon Einstein. RIM didn't deliver but as noted by Canada and the UK, some consumers stuck with them to keep them afloat. Ultimately, WE in the US of A went with other more dynamic choices and RIM went into the tank.

At any rate, just a response to those who say Americans just need to be happy and wait. I can guarantee you that is not the stance blackberry wants or intended.
    01-30-13 09:04 PM
    Ahhhh yes, remember, logic and emotion are polar opposites.
    100% agree
    cjcampbell likes this.
    01-30-13 09:07 PM
    If you love this company, then americans being in a bad mood about BB10 is not a marvelous sight at all. The ultimate destiny as you now know Blackberry to be depends on those snot nosed Americans and their money. It's the US consumer that brought Blackberry down and it is only they who can bring them back up. I can guarantee you Blackberry is equally not happy about a March release in the US and will continue to do all they can to push that up.
    Let's take a moment to realize what actually happened here in the states. RIM (at the time) ignored upward trends in the smartphone market because Laz didn't believe that an all touchscreen phone would be able to make a dent on RIM's stronghold. Laz was very wrong. While I loved the Storm2, and still do, that was hardly speced to a level comparable the iPhone or Androids. When consumers want something like the latter phones, it's the duty of the manufacturer to produce a product that satisfies the needs/wants and demands of the people who will be buying them. Sadly, RIM failed to do that all the way until BlackBerry 7 devices, and yet, even those devices have serious flaws in the multimedia department when compared to the other platforms. That is why carriers made the products that were high in demand a bigger priority.

So in essence, RIM did it to themselves year after year, and delay after delay. I can see why both sides have gripes, but if they both want to make the most money on these new products, they need to make the demand for these phones much higher than it has been over the last five years. Carriers need to give their all to market them for their networks, and BlackBerry needs to give their all to market them for the platform to succeed.

Delays suck. They're awful, especially after already having waited so long. Remember than not everyone in the U.S. bailed on BlackBerry. Those faithful shouldn't be left waiting so long after the unveiling. RIM should put pressure on the carriers to accept the current software builds on the Z10 and let the product speak for itself. But no one should be mad at folks in the U.S. because they're complaining that their carriers aren't selling yet. It's all understandable. Yes, you're right that the U.S. consumers will determine much of the success, but they can't do that until the carriers buckle and make the product available.
    rcab and rottonj like this.
    01-30-13 09:10 PM
    Let's take a moment to realize what actually happened here in the states. RIM (at the time) ignored upward trends in the smartphone market because Laz didn't believe that an all touchscreen phone would be able to make a dent on RIM's stronghold. Laz was very wrong. While I loved the Storm2, and still do, that was hardly speced to a level comparable the iPhone or Androids. When consumers want something like the latter phones, it's the duty of the manufacturer to produce a product that satisfies the needs/wants and demands of the people who will be buying them. Sadly, RIM failed to do that all the way until BlackBerry 7 devices, and yet, even those devices have serious flaws in the multimedia department when compared to the other platforms. That is why carriers made the products that were high in demand a bigger priority.

So in essence, RIM did it to themselves year after year, and delay after delay. I can see why both sides have gripes, but if they both want to make the most money on these new products, they need to make the demand for these phones much higher than it has been over the last five years. Carriers need to give their all to market them for their networks, and BlackBerry needs to give their all to market them for the platform to succeed.

Delays suck. They're awful, especially after already having waited so long. Remember than not everyone in the U.S. bailed on BlackBerry. Those faithful shouldn't be left waiting so long after the unveiling. RIM should put pressure on the carriers to accept the current software builds on the Z10 and let the product speak for itself. But no one should be mad at folks in the U.S. because they're complaining that their carriers aren't selling yet. It's all understandable. Yes, you're right that the U.S. consumers will determine much of the success, but they can't do that until the carriers buckle and make the product available.
    yeah delays do suck. this is not a delay. a delay implies a date was set and the date was then changed to a later one. this did not happen. 100% on track for q1 release by RIM
    Barljo and SixStringMadness like this.
    01-30-13 09:12 PM
    ^^ is that what happened. Thanks for the recap. It's been a while since anyone explained it to us.
    01-30-13 09:13 PM
    But no one should be mad at folks in the U.S. because they're complaining that their carriers aren't selling yet. It's all understandable. Yes, you're right that the U.S. consumers will determine much of the success, but they can't do that until the carriers buckle and make the product available.
    I agree 100% with what you said as you seem to be taking it from a logical approach. Nobody here is mad at any Americans for being upset.... totally justified!! it's the blaming of BlackBerry for this and not the real guilty parties. The outright cry for justice, as more than one has indicated, that the rest of the world should have been put on hold so that the US carriers could make sure that they're ready and saying that RIM over promised "yet again". It's these comments that others in the world and some Americans alike, are coming back and calling shenanigans on.
    01-30-13 09:17 PM
    If during the waiting period, everyone's beloved Instagram and Netflix DO make it to BlackBerry 10, the waiting period will have been okay. Because now that I think about it, I imagine quite a few iPhone and Android converts in the U.S. that would have picked up a Z10 tomorrow or next week would be sorely disappointed if they went straight to BlackBerry World and searched for those two apps, and saw that they weren't there.

It would be bad enough that they'd be losing all their paid apps on iOS and Android, but then to have the two biggest "free" ones be absent... If people thought Americans were whiney about not getting to buy the Z10 until March, you don't KNOW whiney Americans until you've seen them not get exactly what they want.
    01-30-13 09:22 PM
    I don't think I've ever sworn in a text before, but wtf is up with this "haha you americans suck we're happy to see you upset" sentiment. Geez we are not all the same and just because a bunch are ungrateful doesn't mean we can't be disappointed that what we hoped for didn't come true. We don't all blame rim/bb or verizon, we're just as excited as you were and disappointed we can't get one. Yes, sure, we can wait, we are mature adults, our life isn't going to fall apart, but can't we be disappointed? /done
    01-30-13 09:30 PM
    Lol,

I think the real problem is the schools giving out attendance trophies. Got these kids used to getting spoonfed their whole lives.

Sent from my BlackBerry Veedu using Tapatalk 3
    The real problem is RIM talking up QNX and BB10 for close to 2 years and only having the PlayBook to show for it.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2
    rcab likes this.
    01-30-13 09:32 PM
145 1234 ...