View Poll Results: Will you buy the London?

Voters
266. You may not vote on this poll
  • Definitely, I have to get my hands on this!

84 31.58%
  • I like my keyboard too much!

78 29.32%
  • I will stick with my iphone,android,windows phone.

8 3.01%
  • I want to see final product first then will decide.

96 36.09%
    it all depends on how "strong" the app store is at the time of the release.
    right now, i'm a happy camper with my 9930.. and an iphone 4 plus and ipad2 set up.
    Yeah that's going to effect a lot of people's decision I think to, but by then they will have a pretty good working app world as playbook has improved a lot and will only get better, so I don't see it being a problem!

It's actually crazy the stride that they have taken with QNX in only a year. It took iOS close to 4 years to get it solid IMO so not bad
    01-31-12 10:38 PM
    I assume that the London will be a GSM phone. Since I'm on Sprint and Verizon always seems to get exclusives on CDMA phones in the US, I assume that the London will be like the Torch when it first came out - nice to have, but not available on my carrier.

So my assumption is that I won't be able to get the London and I'll have to wait for the CDMA version which could be as long as a year later.
    steppinghorse likes this.
    01-31-12 10:41 PM
    Nope, holding out for the "Nevada"
    01-31-12 10:42 PM
    The truth is I'll probably buy the London and then the QWERTY model when it comes out. My impression of the QNX OS is that it will translate very well to an all touch phone.
    01-31-12 11:03 PM
    i hope rim have everything (i.e native email, calender, contacts )
    01-31-12 11:17 PM
    waiting patiently to see how RIM is going to implement 16:9 screen on the nevada.
    01-31-12 11:45 PM
    The London shown on the front page is nice looking. As I said in another thread, it reminds me of a nice Android slab with a UI the way WP7 should have been done. For Blackberry, I'm not sure if blending in will keep it from being differentiated enough or if expectations force it to be similar to be accepted.

I still want to see what BB10 phones are coming out how soon. And what features they all have. I'd prefer a physical keyboard. But, like some others, I've had good experiences with touchscreens. If there's a physical keyboard, I'd prefer portrait. But, done right, I could live with landscape. My ideal would be a bigger 98xx -- large enough to have a larger screen and a slide out 99xx physical keyboard.
    02-01-12 12:18 AM
    I definitely agree why users will hold out until a keyboard version comes out. That is why I will buy the london first and buy the "bold" version right after=p
    recompile likes this.
    02-01-12 12:34 AM
    i'm an accidental blackberry user. got a blackberry curve because it was on offer and i had a v. cheap samsung. Then i got a playbook (dreadful name by the way, everyone snickers when you say the name!) because it was on such a deep discount. Really like them both (though wifi usage on both is pretty iffy). So really, for me, price is a major factor and i am unlikely to go for it as its likely to be in the iphone range and i don't think, for me, i could justify it.

would i like one if i could afford it?
    02-01-12 12:48 AM
    i will be buying this for sure, looks awesome.
    02-01-12 01:41 AM
    "London" as leaked will stay prototype, I guess ...
    http://crackberry.com/exclusive-firs...-10-superphone
    02-01-12 01:51 AM
    no way, the no keyboard is a deal breaker
    02-01-12 06:50 AM
    Nope, no keyboard, no purchase

Did you purchase the playbook?

As long as its a GSM, not flip BlackBerry device I will have one. I only passed on the full touch torch because I had just gotten the 9810 and two 9900s and my wife would have killed me haha. But I will definitely be getting the L series device, as well as the QWERTY.
    02-01-12 06:53 AM
    I assume that the London will be a GSM phone. Since I'm on Sprint and Verizon always seems to get exclusives on CDMA phones in the US, I assume that the London will be like the Torch when it first came out - nice to have, but not available on my carrier.

So my assumption is that I won't be able to get the London and I'll have to wait for the CDMA version which could be as long as a year later.
    Considering they way they're already talking up BB10, I would be very surprised if we don't see them released on every carrier possible. I'm also pretty sure they're going to be built with both types of radios, so carrier type can be managed by software.
    02-01-12 06:56 AM
    I'll get whichever one I like when I'm ready for a new phone. My 9850 will do me fine until then.
    02-01-12 06:58 AM
    All I care about in this supposed new phone is that it be truly a "world phone", both CDMA and GSM capable, and switchable by the OWNER at will. What pisses me off to no end is how the carriers here in America have locked out the use of either service on the iPhone 4s (Sprint locks out GSM, AT&T locks out CDMA) unless you pay extra for either service when overseas. This issue could easily be solved by selling the phones unlocked at a slightly higher price then a carrier subsidized phone.

Oh, and yes, I would buy that phone...a regal match to my PB.
    02-01-12 07:02 AM
    i used to hate the virtual keyboards until i got my playbook. so unless it is really hard to type on i will most definitely get one asap provided they have for t-mobile anyway.
    02-01-12 07:02 AM
    Nope, holding out for the "Nevada"
    I prefer to wait for the "North Cackalacky" aka the "North Carolina". I hear it will have a bbq locator built-in and translates Yankee natively.
    berryaddictnoza and bigbmc26 like this.
    02-01-12 07:04 AM
    I have learned my lesson enough times with this company. No chance this is a launch day purchase for me.

I want to double check reviews to make sure of the following...

1.) Is the software actually working and bug free?
    2.) Will the battery last an entire day of heavy use?
    3.) What is the app selection on launch day? Not coming soon, coming in 60 days, contact the developer..Is it there on launch day?
    4.) What will the competition be offering? For example, the iPhone 5, quad core Android phones are expected to drop before the London.

You may think this is me being critical of RIM, but I have been burned too many times by this company.

Disclaimer: I was a launch day Blackberry Storm customer.
    02-01-12 07:08 AM
    Where is the keyboard? If this is supposed to be the holy grail of blackberrys then I am worried. The market is saturated with touch screens where's the keyboard!
    02-01-12 07:17 AM
    I thought it looks too much like a droid..one of the many reasons why I like BB phones so much is their unique style. Also I'm a big keyboard fan, but I would definitely like to check it out..just really uninspired by the look though. I would have thought it was a droid if it didn't have the BB on it.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    02-01-12 07:20 AM
    I have learned my lesson enough times with this company. No chance this is a launch day purchase for me.

I want to double check reviews to make sure of the following...

1.) Is the software actually working and bug free?
    2.) Will the battery last an entire day of heavy use?
    3.) What is the app selection on launch day? Not coming soon, coming in 60 days, contact the developer..Is it there on launch day?
    4.) What will the competition be offering? For example, the iPhone 5, quad core Android phones are expected to drop before the London.

You may think this is me being critical of RIM, but I have been burned too many times by this company.

Disclaimer: I was a launch day Blackberry Storm customer.
    I have been a Blackberry phone user since the first BB smartphone, and have never been "burned." That said, I pride myself in being a quick read, and if I had been "burned" even once by anything related to RIM, BB, PB, etc., I would have been gone a long time ago. Since you have been "burned" so many times by Blackberry, I have to ask, what's keeping you from just leaving and going to the apparently better offerings you have mentioned?
    02-01-12 07:22 AM
    I have been a Blackberry phone user since the first BB smartphone, and have never been "burned." That said, I pride myself in being a quick read, and if I had been "burned" even once by anything related to RIM, BB, PB, etc., I would have been gone a long time ago. Since you have been "burned" so many times by Blackberry,I have to ask, what's keeping you from just leaving and going to the apparently better offerings you have mentioned?
    First I really don't like Android. I've tried my friends phones and can't stand it. I don't care how many cores you can have if you can't last 5 hours on a charge.

Next, I am a lover of all things tech. I still consider Blackberry to be #2 to me. I still keep an open mind to a possible comeback, and I do really enjoy the QNX system.

Many people have gotten burned by RIM the last 3 years, ask anyone around here. I know Storm is a 2009 example, but look at any early adopters of the PlayBook that were promised all these things that never came. We've had 3 different release dates for the OS 2.0, with the first one being spoken by the CEO. By the way, the 4th one is February. Prices were slashed in half for later adopters without any functionality added (which was promised) for early adopters. You can sidestep and talk around the issue any way you want, but the fact is PlayBook early adopters got screwed pretty badly.

Disclaimer: I am a late adopter to the PlayBook and paid less than half for my 32 gb.
    02-01-12 07:30 AM
    If the final product is anything like the picture I will be getting the London as my next phone. The playbook is the first RIM product I've ever purchased, and has impressed me enough that I'm contemplating a BB phone for the first time ever. If RIM can win over someone whose first impressions of the company were formed during the "lawsuits in motion" days, then I think they have a pretty decent chance of making the BlackBerry Ten devices take on both iOS and android ones in the consumer space as well as keeping their core business market.
    02-01-12 07:57 AM
    First I really don't like Android. I've tried my friends phones and can't stand it. I don't care how many cores you can have if you can't last 5 hours on a charge.

Next, I am a lover of all things tech. I still consider Blackberry to be #2 to me. I still keep an open mind to a possible comeback, and I do really enjoy the QNX system.

Many people have gotten burned by RIM the last 3 years, ask anyone around here. I know Storm is a 2009 example, but look at any early adopters of the PlayBook that were promised all these things that never came. We've had 3 different release dates for the OS 2.0, with the first one being spoken by the CEO. By the way, the 4th one is February. Prices were slashed in half for later adopters without any functionality added (which was promised) for early adopters. You can sidestep and talk around the issue any way you want, but the fact is PlayBook early adopters got screwed pretty badly.

Disclaimer: I am a late adopter to the PlayBook and paid less than half for my 32 gb.
    As an early adopter of the PlayBook, in fact I got mine the day it was released, I do not feel I have been "screwed". I had done my research on the device and realized what it did not have. I also understand that sometimes anticipation can turn into frustration as "promised" updates fail to materialize, but I also understand that timelines are flexible. Disappointed, yes, but at the same time my PlayBook has been a very useful tool in my work and in my personal world.

I paid full price for my 32GB model. It was worth the money then and it is worth the money now. Because others are getting a better deal than I got does not make me feel like I have been suckered. Anything tech has a tendency to be higher at introduction than later. However, it would be nice to get a rebate , but I don't expect one. I will, however purchase a 64GB PlayBook and get the discounted price.

If the London is released here, or if one of the other BB10 devices hits here in the US, I will certainly look closely at it. It should be released about the time I am due for another upgrade. This time, I will wait for the Christmas sales to hit before purchasing.
    Last edited by newcollector; 02-01-12 at 08:39 AM.
    alnamvet68 likes this.
    02-01-12 08:36 AM
107 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD