Store reps and overall general hype are killing their sales.

Don't forget the monster machine of Apple.
    Let's face it, Apple came onto the scene and absolutely STOLE RIM's thunder for phones.

Now it's an uphill battle for RIM for consumer sales.
    09-22-11 09:31 AM
    Store reps and overall general hype are killing their sales.

Don't forget the monster machine of Apple.
    Let's face it, Apple came onto the scene and absolutely STOLE RIM's thunder for phones.

Now it's an uphill battle for RIM for consumer sales.
    To be fair, Apple stole every smartphone manufacturer's thunder.
    09-22-11 11:59 AM
    I havent seen a BB commercial in months in the US. I cant speak for the rest of the world, but in the US I have seen nothing but droid and apple commercials. For that you only have Rim to blame. Wheres the marketing?

Great point
    09-22-11 02:20 PM
    It's just bad publicity, false rumors and negativity including stereotypes. **** it, tell them that YOU WANT A BLACKBERRY if they try and detour you. If they refuse, submit a complaint. That's the way I roll. RIM isn't going out of business and canadian carriers offer blackberry, BIS still works too.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-22-11 02:33 PM
    I had a Verizon sales rep very excited about his BlackBerry 9930 and the other guy that had an iPhone had GREAT things to say about the 9930. I know those are only 2 guys, but they aren't all negative on BlackBerrys.
    09-22-11 04:02 PM
    Lol uneducated sales reps should really be fired, its like someone coming into my mcdonalds restaurant and I say eww the mcchickens and bigmacs are nasty, its like wtf you are giving our store a bad name by talking bad about one of our products.

09-22-11 04:02 PM
    I could be wrong but I think RIM is disregarding the US market. It sounds to me that marketing is non existant and if sales reps are turning people away, then that's a serious problem!

Over in the two countries I can vouch for as a average joe! (UK and Spain) we have adverts on TV, not all the time but here in the UK the Bold is getting a lot of press and staff in stores are promoting it. They are very shy of WP7. When I exchanged my first Torch the guy was saying how the iPhone, Android, and BlackBerry are the ones to go for. It just depends on what you want!

Just because RIM is big out of the US, doesn't mean they should get cocky. Which is something I think Mike and Jim are...

But hey! I could be wrong!
    09-22-11 04:46 PM
    I have been saying for years that marketing sells, period! RIM hasn't done squat as of late to sell the 9900/9930. Apple has done so well for a few years due to it being simple, and genius marketing! Steve Jobs could have sold **** on a stick and it would sell. I mean the first couple iPhones didn't even do some things BB'S did such as copy and past and or true multi-tasking and a couple other things that are alluding me. They still sold like hotcakes due to awesome PR marketing, something RIM has lacked for a long time.

Good marketing sells! Time to amp up the PR department RIM!

That new iPhone5 looks amazing by the way and I am not an Apple fan whatsoever. RIM better Ger their ish together and feel as the os7 devices wont cut it.

Also believe that sales reps push Apple/Android as they get bigger commission on them.

phonejunky likes this.
    09-22-11 05:00 PM
    This is more or less to go along with a post I made on page 1 of this thread.

Recently a friend gave me an iPhone 3G 8GB phone to just play with since he upgraded some time ago to an iPhone 4. He thought I would like to use it as an ipod Touch and I installed some apps and used it at home over my WIFI to just see what i thought of an iPhone. Before anybody says anything... I just upgraded to a 9930 on VZW where I had my Tour.

Here is my point, he told me if I wanted to see it I could as it did not matter to him. I Googled selling my iPhone and found a site called Sell Phones, Sell Games - Sell your used stuff for cash - Sell Arena. Sell iPhone, Sell Blackberry, Sell iPod, Sell iPad, Sell HTC, Sell Playstation, Sell Wii, Sell Xbox, Sell Xbox 360 and was blown away this was 3 weeks ago on the offer when you answer their questions about condition, powering on, do you have the box etc and so forth they offered me $171.00 direct payment to my PayPal acct. and they sent me a UPS prepaid shipping label. I got the payment today.

What is my point.... Go on and see what your BBs are worth compared to iPhones, it is unbelievable and I got paid more than what the phone cost from AT&T new. How can you argue what apple has done to the or for the Smartphone market whether you like Apple or not.

I love my BB and my new 9930 but it gives you a real eye opener to what RIm but do in the future starting now!! to get the public(Not Business) to start buying their new devices when they produce them and not have so many complaints both hardware and software that we read in the forums of CB every day. have a great day/evening everyone.
    09-22-11 07:15 PM
    It is the same story here. The reps at Verizon say to stay away from Blackberrys. I think it is rather ridiculous as BB Devices are great. But it really does not matter because like others said, they are Business phones and will always lean that way in the market.
    Reps just push people towards Android and iOS because they are so widely popular to all types.
    This is EXACTLY what I've experienced in the past 6 days looking to go to a smartphone from a Chocolate Touch. Several reps at all three stores I have visited seem to push Droid strongly, iphone somewhat less, and say "Blackberry is mostly for business users," and I've heard that from a few people I work with too. One of the stores still doesn't have the Torch 9850, the second had it out Sat 16 but it wasn't working until the 21st the third at least had one out and working on the 16th.

I was totally unfamiliar with BB but the 9850 specs seemed to fit my size/weight preferences, so I tried it along with the iphone and three of the Droids. LOVED the 9850, its size and gorgeous appearance, intuitiveness, browsing. It was clearly my favorite, so I researched it, and will be getting one next week. But I sure stumbled into it because there was no one sticking up for it or even mentioning it. But I am so happy to have discoverd the 9850!!!

soon to be posting from my Blackberry Torch 9850
    JR A and mithrazor like this.
    09-22-11 08:31 PM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD