Loved BBOS .. BB10 and loved the phones ... 9000, 9900, Z10, Classic... then moved to Priv... and then KeyONE and now KeyTwo.

Still dream of getting and using a Passport. Been looking around now and will probably end up getting one.

BB10 was awesome. To this date the best phone experience ever.
    Type 1 . reluctant type 2
    10-19-19 01:57 AM
    Type 10...pkb or even vkb ...waiting for a new BB10 phone whoever makes it, even if it dual-boots to the Eavesdropping Operating system....or the Music Pirate Operating system.
    radical Type 1
    10-19-19 01:58 AM
    Type # 1 doesn’t really exist or is totally irrelevant today. If BlackBerry would have offered a really good all touch instead of a slider (hampered by design) then perhaps BlackBerry might have made some inroads. The BlackBerry Android OS, as a drawing card, really died with the PRIV.

The Motion was too little too late to bring in many former Z users.
    Type 1 in denial
    10-19-19 01:59 AM
    Preferences: physical keyboard, expandable storage, removable battery, free (as in open source, copyleft) software.
    10-19-19 02:04 AM
    I'm all the types since I use the Priv
    gebco likes this.
    10-19-19 04:47 AM
    Preferences: physical keyboard, expandable storage, removable battery, free (as in open source, copyleft) software.
    Type 2. PKB android
    givechanceachance likes this.
    10-19-19 05:32 AM
    I'm all the types since I use the Priv
    you dont give much background, but well. it's BlackBerry Android, so probably Type 2.
    10-19-19 05:34 AM
    Type 2. PKB android
    Not to be pedantic, but Android is only partially free software. It lacks open firmware and many of the essential apps (including the gapps) are proprietary.
    givechanceachance likes this.
    10-19-19 10:55 AM
    I'm both, BB10 was a much needed change from BBOS, and I still to this day think it's the best mobile OS out there. And I also love the BB keyboard with the shortcuts, hence why I have a Key 2.
    10-19-19 11:14 AM
    So I originally posted type 1, just curious what you'd consider someone who absolutely adores BBOS, moved to BB10 because that's what BlackBerry gave us, then started using Android because BB10 was lacking and prefers Android for the same reasons as BBOS? 🤔
    anon(10599419) likes this.
    10-19-19 11:36 AM
    So I originally posted type 1, just curious what you'd consider someone who absolutely adores BBOS, moved to BB10 because that's what BlackBerry gave us, then started using Android because BB10 was lacking and prefers Android for the same reasons as BBOS? 🤔
    It does appear there are many types of us, doesn't it? And that's the big business problem for any OEM looking to sell phones to us. We really don't agree on what we want, so there isn't one niche but 3-5.

As an example, for me, the one-handed form factor is the single most important thing, from a hardware perspective, which means a 5" VKB or a Classic form factor. For others, a big high-end screen with Galaxy 10 -like specs is more important. Others want a slider. There just isn't a single device that would satisfy all of us, or even 1-2 million of us a year.

From the screen of my trusty Z10 using the exceptional BlackBerry VKB.
    10-19-19 12:25 PM
    radical Type 1
    That rare Type 10 here (BB10). Imight have been jesting about going to the Music Pirate Operating system....I'm thinking about going full Corporate website on this.(if there's no bb10 solution) ..by not having a phone number to contact at all.
    10-19-19 03:01 PM
    It does appear there are many types of us, doesn't it? And that's the big business problem for any OEM looking to sell phones to us. We really don't agree on what we want, so there isn't one niche but 3-5.

As an example, for me, the one-handed form factor is the single most important thing, from a hardware perspective, which means a 5" VKB or a Classic form factor. For others, a big high-end screen with Galaxy 10 -like specs is more important. Others want a slider. There just isn't a single device that would satisfy all of us, or even 1-2 million of us a year.

Also, all of those micro niche members who might actually buy a new Android BlackBerry may only add up to a million. Then too, that million might only need a new phone once every three years.
    Last edited by Bbnivende; 10-20-19 at 05:51 AM.
    10-20-19 12:08 AM
    Also, all of those micro niche members who might actually buy a new Android BlackBerry may only add up to a million. Then too, that million might only need a new phone once every three years.
    Put BlackBerry Android manufacturing back into a five eyes country and you will see sales going up in the corporate world.
    elfabio80 likes this.
    10-20-19 06:54 AM
    Type 4 - someone who wants to do a tech detox but is too scared to completely jump to a Punkt or Lite Phone. trying to use the demise of BlackBerry as a excuse! This is me.
    10-20-19 07:15 AM
    Put BlackBerry Android manufacturing back into a five eyes country and you will see sales going up in the corporate world.
    There is no evidence to support the notion that PKB phones would be successful in the corporate world or that the BlackBerry OS would be successful either. The corporate world does not do niche.

I agree that a good BlackBerry Android all touch would have out performed the PRIV had it been offered . That was the last best chance for an Enterprise BlackBerry.
    10-20-19 07:47 AM
    Loved BBOS .. BB10 and loved the phones ... 9000, 9900, Z10, Classic... then moved to Priv... and then KeyONE and now KeyTwo.

Still dream of getting and using a Passport. Been looking around now and will probably end up getting one.

BB10 was awesome. To this date the best phone experience ever.
    Underwood always gets what he wants.

Even from the grave lol

Posted via my Awesome Passport SE SQW100-4/10.3.3.2163 pin:2C33423A
    10-20-19 08:10 AM
    Type 1 I still use a Classic daily and have a Q10 as back up , also have a new Classic as a spare, Have used BB10 since it arrived in January 2013 the Z10 was my first one.
    10-22-19 07:30 PM

Shouldn't we embrace the differences in our preferences and needs? To only have two viable options is unfortunate. I am most thankful that there is still a Blackberry branded device with a PKB. Cut my teeth on the Curve 9000 and in some way shape or form I have used a Blackberry. I own my Curve, 9700 (loved it), 9900 (also a fan favorite but NEVER understood the lack of an autofocus camera), Z10 (great one handed all touch), Z30, Passport (form factor never grew on me) Cobalt Classic (my favorite form factor and sized mobile device- best PKB ever) DTEK50 (actually not a bad device for all touch but battery life was poor), Samsung S7 Edge and S7 (great size) both rocking the HUB suite, an S9 with HUB and now my Black Edition Blackberry KeyOne (Almost as preferred as my Classic- better in some ways- battery, camera, capacitive keyboard and speed!) So after all I think I am a "Type 2" as the PKB and HUB are greatly preferred.
    10-22-19 11:28 PM
    I'm type 3. I can't adjust with android with or without pkb.

Posted via CB10
    10-23-19 12:50 AM
45 12