Even though my 8310 has a built-in gps, I still need 3rd party apps to use it correct?

I don't see any kind of core application that came with the OS to use with the GPS, so I take it the GPS that is built in still needs a 3rd party app to use with it.

I paid $39 a year for the Geo Caching Navigator, awesome application and well worth the money even for a small yearly fee and can't beat it to Geo Cache.
    07-27-08 06:38 PM
    The core application is BBmaps. It uses the built in gps for navigation. Unfortunately ATT blocks the service books required for this. They instead push ATT Nav/telenav for $10/mo.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-27-08 06:42 PM
    I don't suppose there is a "work around" to unlock the feature, or is it done on the service provider side so no matter what berry hack you have, it just won't work?
    07-27-08 06:53 PM
    You can enable BBMaps on your AT&T device by following the steps in the last post in this link: http://forums.crackberry.com/f52/bb-maps-t-53281/
    07-27-08 07:11 PM
    Thanks, I have the latest OS *(4.5.xx.55) so that little edit trick won't work.

It isn't a big deal, just wanted to play with it. I already paid for the GeoCache Navigator and I have a Garmin iQue M5 (which was of course not supported a few months after its release)
    07-27-08 07:55 PM
    Thanks, I have the latest OS *(4.5.xx.55) so that little edit trick won't work...
    Yes, that's correct. Have you tried Nav4All, amAze, or GPSed? I don't know if the upgrade affects them or not, but they have free trials, so it won't cost you anything to try them.
    07-27-08 08:03 PM
    Att nav is a 30 day trial as well.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-27-08 08:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD