Let me start off by stating that I have attempted to research this and came up with nothing.

I am linked up with several secure WIFI networks (ex. work, home). When I am within range, I get solid white WIFI *NOT* greyed out. It seems to work fine with programs such as Slacker radio but doesn't seem to do anything when it comes to the browser.

For example, both at work and at home I get crappy crappy service. I live in a 3G area but due to the building structure, I can usually only get 1-3 bars of 2G coverage. When not connected to WIFI, it would be understandable if pages load verrrrry slow or not at all (Communication Error), however WIFI should pick up the slack, right? The only way I can get WIFI to do its job correctly, is to turn off the mobile network.

Seems to me, if I have any sort of Mobile network coverage (even if it is ****ty), it STILL takes priority over WIFI. Therefore I have 2 questions...

1) Is there a way to set connection priority, i.e. WIFI over Mobile Network when WIFI is available?

2) How does one tell if the browser is utilizing WIFI or the Mobile Network?
    06-29-09 03:27 PM
    Let me start off by stating that I have attempted to research this and came up with nothing.

I am linked up with several secure WIFI networks (ex. work, home). When I am within range, I get solid white WIFI *NOT* greyed out. It seems to work fine with programs such as Slacker radio but doesn't seem to do anything when it comes to the browser.

For example, both at work and at home I get crappy crappy service. I live in a 3G area but due to the building structure, I can usually only get 1-3 bars of 2G coverage. When not connected to WIFI, it would be understandable if pages load verrrrry slow or not at all (Communication Error), however WIFI should pick up the slack, right? The only way I can get WIFI to do its job correctly, is to turn off the mobile network.

Seems to me, if I have any sort of Mobile network coverage (even if it is ****ty), it STILL takes priority over WIFI. Therefore I have 2 questions...

1) Is there a way to set connection priority, i.e. WIFI over Mobile Network when WIFI is available?

2) How does one tell if the browser is utilizing WIFI or the Mobile Network?
    When you have the browser open, it will either say WIFI or 3G in the upper right hand corner.
    06-29-09 03:31 PM
    Thanks for answering #2. I can now say with certainty that the browser does *NOT* utilize WIFI when available UNLESS the mobile network is manually turned off. any ideas?
    06-29-09 03:36 PM
    I would delete the wifi profile and start over with the set up wizard under Connections>Wifi
    06-29-09 03:40 PM
    I will try that as soon as i get home. I do have 2 profiles set up however and neither work properly..
    06-29-09 03:42 PM
    Just a shot in the dark, what os are you running?
    06-29-09 03:43 PM
    That strikes me as really odd. Even if you shut off data services in the connection menu I have been able to still use my browser on Wifi. In my experience, WiFi takes priority over the data network when WiFi is available.

bt224's suggestion could do the trick. If that doesn't work, I would consider installing the latest released OS and see if that corrects the problem.
    06-29-09 03:47 PM
    Make sure you are using the Hotspot Browser (WIFI Browser) when using the internet...
    06-29-09 03:57 PM
    i am running OS .266 (supposedly the most popular according to CB).

i think part of my problem is related THIS thread. anyone else think so?
    Last edited by weaselnoze; 06-29-09 at 04:58 PM.
    06-29-09 04:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD