Please read before you post:

Here is the article byMaximilian Eggl
    Tech - Friday February 8, 2013, Source:
    "Back in the early days of mobile electronics, a BlackBerry phone was the thing to have. The first true smartphone, BlackBerry (formerly known as RIM), was the first company to really attempt to make a really portable computer. With the miniature keyboard, BBM, Mail services etc, it really was a success in the corporate market, as well as with the general consumer. However with the advent of the touchscreen based smartphone, BlackBerry failed to keep up with the market. In fact over the last 5 years their stock has shed more than 90% of its value, wiping roughly 70 billion dollars of the value of the company. They have released several failures, most notably the Playbook and in general have been making losses the last few quarters. Even their core business, the corporations and governments have started to drop them in favour of Apple, Android and Microsoft.
    Now after a long delay, the lauded saviour of the company, BlackBerry 10 has been released (30th of Jan). A complete overhaul from the previous OS based on the software of the company QNX software systems, it has the job of save the failing Canadian tech company. Available for all future BlackBerry devices, as well as the Playbook Tablets, hopefully allowing them to achieve their full potential. This OS released with the Z10 phone, which has no physical “home button”, means this OS is very gestured reliant. If BlackBerry decide to license (a first for the company) BB10 to other companies, this may or not affect if those devices have physical buttons. The vast majority of actions are taken care of with swipes and flicks, with the tech giant having called this “feature” Flow. While certainly innovative, it is a bit of a steep learning curve for those of us who like the occasional button on their phones. The standout features of BB10 include “Active Frames”, similar to Windows 8 tiles, where a “preview” of the app with live info is displayed, as well as “peek”, a window with all your notifications which is in fact seems very similar to the notifications centre in iOS. There are several other features, including a brand new Camera app, browser and new BBM. However all these things don’t really feel new, as most have been seen either on Android, iOS or Windows 8. The only thing that really stands out for me is flow, and I can’t wait to get a hands-on with that to see how it works. Lastly concerning the OS, BlackBerry have now rebranded the app store, calling it BlackBerry World. This store now has roughly 70,000 apps with more coming every day due to the tech company’s increased encouragement in making apps for BB10 (e.g. Portathons for developers)
    The vast majority of actions are taken care swipes and flicks
    As well as releasing a new operating system, they released two new devices, the Z10 a full touchscreen phone as well as the Q10, which remains in line design-wise like its predecessors. The Z10 looks like a beautiful phone, with a powerful processor and generally good specs. However, I do agree with some critics, that although well designed, it does look similar to most smartphones out there. This will make it harder for the average Joe to pick it out of the multitude of other devices. However recent sales figures in the UK have beaten expectations, with the white Z10 being sold out quite rapidly.
    The Q10, release date purported to be mid-2013 on the other hand is vintage BlackBerry, with its instantly recognisable keyboard. It also has a touchscreen, similar to the Storm. With quite respectable specs, I can see this phone being quite a hit. All in all the Z10’s task to attract attention back to BlackBerry, and get with the times, while the second is more of an offer to the corporate world as well as the hardcore fans.
    The big question is if the Canadian Tech company can slow the descent, and return to the world stage of the big phone makers. The delay with the release BB10 did not help, as expectation of the new products has just risen as well as pressure on BlackBerry. The OS does seem promising, and the two new phones look good on paper, yet it may be a case of too little, too late. While some critics have been praising the bold steps that BlackBerry are taking, others are not that optimistic citing a strong opposition in the smartphone market. Investor confidence is very low, with the stock price sinking immediately after the new product release. However things do seem to be on the up. After the Super Bowl ad (the first in the companies history), the stock has risen, and the new products have been quite a success. Could this be the start of a long and arduous journey for BlackBerry’s back to the top?"

While I may not agree with some of the comments in the article, I do believe BlackBerry needs to continue the media campaign prior to the release in the U.S. with newer devices being launched around the same time as BlackBerries over here. LOL. As far as the title being true or not.....I have a drawer full of CrapBerries. Once you get past the title(which I don't agree with), it's not a bad article and actually mentions sales in the UK. No flaming wars needed, please. Just worthy responses. Also, if you have valid data disputing the writer, please provide it. Merely posting that it's BS, is simply that.
    Last edited by Blacklatino; 02-08-13 at 08:29 AM. Reason: Added source location.
    02-08-13 08:25 AM
    I didn't read the article because I can't get pass the title. No reason for such a title except for inciting inflammatory responses, which could be reflective of the article's content. Therefore...
    morganplus8 and jc like this.
    02-08-13 08:34 AM
    The author of this article admits to never having touched a BB10 device. So why is he writing anything at all? Obviously an American, feeling an inexplicable urge to give his opinion and fill some column inches. Inflammatory headline, milquetoast content.
    morganplus8 likes this.
    02-08-13 08:38 AM
    When I read that they hadn't used it yet I started to skim the rest not really paying attention.
    02-08-13 08:42 AM
    Why are we posting this crap and giving idiots like this more airtime??? These threads make it to the most viewed lists and then deter other potential buyers. Give this article the attention it deserves - NONE.
    02-08-13 08:43 AM
    I didn't read the article because I can't get pass the title. No reason for such a title except for inciting inflammatory responses, which could be reflective of the article's content. Therefore...
    That's too bad. Actually has some good points.
    02-08-13 08:45 AM
    the author starts with a review of BB10, only to then say "I can’t wait to get a hands-on with that to see how it works".
    so a review without trying it?
    that was when i stopped reading.
    02-08-13 08:46 AM
    The author of this article admits to never having touched a BB10 device. So why is he writing anything at all? Obviously an American, feeling an inexplicable urge to give his opinion and fill some column inches. Inflammatory headline, milquetoast content.
    The writer is in the UK.
    mikeo007, TommyBB and avt123 like this.
    02-08-13 08:46 AM
    It's another article...plain and simple.
    02-08-13 08:48 AM
    The writer is in the UK.
    No excuse for not having a go with one then......we will lock him in the Tower.
    BergerKing likes this.
    02-08-13 08:50 AM
    It is the same as those that defend the Zed10 and blast anyone who criticizes it, without them actually using a Zee10.
    Now you are just plain silly and jingoistic. Another stupid anti-American comment.

Do you disagree with the article or is it factually incorrect.

Remember - you should only pay attention to article that are POSITIVE about BlackBerry. Those are the ones that you will like.

Fanboyism run amoke.
    Rickroller likes this.
    02-08-13 08:55 AM
    No excuse for not having a go with one then......we will lock him in the Tower.
    The UK? Well, it's not Canadian so it has to be incorrect, right?
    Why the hating on us Americans, some of us like BB and hockey too.
    Blacklatino and eBud like this.
    The title isn't supported by the content, and reads like any other blog out in the past few months. Wrought with speculation, and questions the author isn't interested in attempting to answer. Appears written only to create discussion and drive traffic.

Meh
    BergerKing likes this.
    02-08-13 08:57 AM
    It is the same as those that defend the Zed10 and blast anyone who criticizes it, without them actually using a Zee10.
    Now you are just plain silly and jingoistic. Another stupid anti-American comment.

Do you disagree with the article or is it factually incorrect.

Remember - you should only pay attention to article that are POSITIVE about BlackBerry. Those are the ones that you will like.

Fanboyism run amoke.
    The UK? Well, it's not Canadian so it has to be incorrect, right?
    kbz1960 and bp3dots like this.
    02-08-13 09:06 AM
    Calling it BS and sticking fingers in your ears (while saying lalalala) does nothing to help BlackBerry dispute some of these articles. So, the writer hasn't held a BB10? Well, same goes for most of us- including those that want to jump on the defensive. So, IMO, if the article is BS, then pick it apart with facts......then wave your BlackBerry flag. That was the point in posting the article.
    Last edited by Blacklatino; 02-08-13 at 09:24 AM.
    02-08-13 09:08 AM
    Calling it BS and sticking fingers in your ears (while saying lalalala) does nothing to help BlackBerry dispute some of these articles. So, the writer hasn't held a BB10? Well, same goes for most of us- including those that want to jump on the defensive. So, IMO, if the article is BS, then pick it apart with facts......then wave your BlackBerry flag. That was the point in posting the article.
    True if I have unlimited amount of time, but I don't have time to pick apart BS articles as you mentioned. I come here to learn to get informed about the pros and cons of BlackBerry's new devices (which I am planing to buy one), not to debate about BS stuff written by someone who haven't touch it yet (damn it, that's what I am doing now...).
    02-08-13 09:22 AM
    True if I have unlimited amount of time, but I don't have time to pick apart BS articles as you mentioned. I come here to learn to get informed about the pros and cons of BlackBerry's new devices (which I am planing to buy one), not to debate about BS stuff written by someone who haven't touch it yet (damn it, that's what I am doing now...).
    Yes, yes you are.

I don't think there is BS in there to type apart. Nothing new either. Don't know why anyone is worked up, other than the title being sensational crap.

I'll stand by my initial assessment. Meh
    02-08-13 09:37 AM
    Huh? Come back to us. It's not that deep and not my article. Should have changed the title to pickle on a stick.

LOL. No , I'm not debating ish- whether you are anyone else likes the article or not. It's news....good or bad.
    02-08-13 09:44 AM
    The title definitely does not fit the article. I was expecting a harsh criticism of BB10, but it was certainly more of a balanced opinion piece after having read it. This makes me wonder about the credibility of the author. In any case, the only thing I really disagree here with is that having no buttons means a steep learning curve. Once you understand the swipe up gesture, there's really not much more to learn. It may be A learning curve for some, but certainly not steep.
    BigBadWulf and Blacklatino like this.
    02-08-13 09:45 AM
    And of course, no mention of the reason stocks took such a precipitous dip, such as the fact that the US didn't get the device at launch, lighting a massive flame/blame war as to who fumbled the ball so badly. That was then, tomorrow is yet to come, and there has been too little time to give things a fair shake.
    Blacklatino likes this.
    02-08-13 09:52 AM
    It's news....good or bad.
    I guess that depends on one's definition of news.
    02-08-13 09:53 AM
    I guess that depends on one's definition of news.
    News, like history, seems to repeat itself.
    plasmid_boy likes this.
    02-08-13 09:59 AM
    Blogging 101: Write a title to draw attention to your article.
    Blogging 102: More clicks = more $$

It's really that simple. We see it all the time for all platforms, not just BB. The content doesn't matter to the writer, nor the product. They just want hits.
    02-08-13 10:02 AM
    Blogging 101: Write a title to draw attention to your article.
    Blogging 102: More clicks = more $$

It's really that simple. We see it all the time for all platforms, not just BB. The content doesn't matter to the writer, nor the product. They just want hits.
    Thanks. I understand the reasons for them doing it, but there is no reason for me to take the bait.
    02-08-13 10:05 AM
38 12