I have been reading a lot of posts about BB10 not having this or that, and some talking about they have returned there BlackBerry Z10 for something else. Well, still intend on purchasing the Z10 when they arrive in America. Why? Because I have complete faith that most of these gripes will be fixed. BlackBerry even reached out to CrackBerry Kevin for feedback about the new OS, so I believe they are taking this seriously. Some people are also complaining that the apps aren't there. Really? It's a NEW OS with a NEW app store! The app catalog is growing, give it some time. App developers are always making new apps and updating existing ones.

BlackBerry has some work to do, but I think the future of BlackBerry10 is bright. I can't wait to see this platform grow and evolve.
    02-09-13 03:29 PM
    I like the cut of your jib. The phone is not perfect but then again nothing out there is. For me, the overall experience certainly is a huge step forward.
    RocPlayr likes this.
    02-09-13 03:37 PM
    I have been reading a lot of posts about BB10 not having this or that, and some talking about they have returned there BlackBerry Z10 for something else. Well, still intend on purchasing the Z10 when they arrive in America. Why? Because I have complete faith that most of these gripes will be fixed. BlackBerry even reached out to CrackBerry Kevin for feedback about the new OS, so I believe they are taking this seriously. Some people are also complaining that the apps aren't there. Really? It's a NEW OS with a NEW app store! The app catalog is growing, give it some time. App developers are always making new apps and updating existing ones.

BlackBerry has some work to do, but I think the future of BlackBerry10 is bright. I can't wait to see this platform grow and evolve.
    The app thing...the platform came out last week and has 75,000+ apps I believe. And people are complaining about that? Plus all the big names are committed. The apps will be there. I'm with ya there OP. I still want a Z10. I want one more than anything. Tiny little problems wouldn't concern me, especially on a BRAND NEW product.
    jarrodmeyer likes this.
    02-09-13 03:39 PM
    Im dying to get my hands on one myself as well as alot of us here in america. People dont have patience it seems. They expect products to be perfect when they come out. Truth is that is impossible. I am happy for BlackBerry and i will support them.

They are doing what they can and are turning things around.
    They are coming back from alot of negative for their devices with the lack of applications and a "non-fun" device. I have loved all of my BlackBerries and I am not one for all of the apps that you really only use a few times. I run with my 9930 and my Playbook because while at work i can use the internet on the fly on the playbook and respond to customers emails quickly. While my fellow salesman run inside to reply to an email because they cannot do it efficiently on their devices.

People knock me for being a BlackBerry user. This drives me to go beyond and do what they cant. They may have an app for "everything" But i have a BlackBerry and that is all i need to surpass them.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 on Verizon Wireless.
    BlackBerry By Choice!
    02-09-13 03:54 PM
    I am still waiting for the BlackBerry Z10 on Verizon! I can't wait! The thing is you have to remember that most people who love their phones are not induced to go on a forum and rave about it. We are some of the few (percentage wise of the 79 million BlackBerry users). However, when you are unhappy you seek out venues to air your grievances. This is human nature, and this does not surprise me.

Also, some people get upset at the most small things.... then they focus on that one thing and become obsessive about it... I have owned both Blackberries and Android phones... And I could easily tell you all the problems each phone had for hours at a time... The fact that there are so few negatives compared to other huge BlackBerry launches tells me they struck the best balance they could...

And yes I am FROSTED that the USA release was botched... We should all be rocking Z10's by now!
    ajst222 and bruteforce037 like this.
    02-09-13 04:34 PM
    I hear ya! I'm guessing it is because the US carriers started testing a month or so later? Makes no sense...and it is worse for us CDMAers since if the GSMers want a Z10 bad enough, they could get one from Canada. Verizon and Sprint customers can't.
    Last edited by ajst222; 02-09-13 at 04:38 PM. Reason: Problem with quote so I got rid of it, but it is a response to brian_peterson
    02-09-13 04:37 PM
    No matter the reason, no matter if it's the carriers, it's still BlackBerry's fault.

They are not newbies in this race. They know Verizon's test schedule. They KNEW it would be released later than any other carrier. They probably knew it was going to be March when they announced the delay of BB10 last year. So, yes maybe it is the carriers who are going slow... But the smart route would have been to set expectations lower for the USA release, before the January launch. Because when you hear leaks of the UK getting it right after launch, you assume BlackBerry was not going to screw up the US launch...

Not releasing in February, in the USA, is a HUGE problem for them... It could be a make or break situation... It really depends if they can re-capture the USA tech world to restart all the BUZZ... Because right now the USA buzz for this device is starting to fizzle.
    02-09-13 04:47 PM
    Remember that more apps will be announced by the US launch (most prominently Skype and Kindle), and we're likely to see a 10.1 update too.

No question, the Z10 is a fantastic, competitive handset that should be attractive for a lot of users. People seem to be losing sight of that.
    ajst222 likes this.
    02-09-13 04:47 PM
    No matter the reason, no matter if it's the carriers, it's still BlackBerry's fault.

They are not newbies in this race. They know Verizon's test schedule. They KNEW it would be released later than any other carrier. They probably knew it was going to be March when they announced the delay of BB10 last year. So, yes maybe it is the carriers who are going slow... But the smart route would have been to set expectations lower for the USA release, before the January launch. Because when you hear leaks of the UK getting it right after launch, you assume BlackBerry was not going to screw up the US launch...

Not releasing in February, in the USA, is a HUGE problem for them... It could be a make or break situation... It really depends if they can re-capture the USA tech world to restart all the BUZZ... Because right now the USA buzz for this device is starting to fizzle.
    Carrier testing was just an excuse. The US carriers wanted to see the market response in other countries first.
    02-09-13 04:49 PM
    I'm with the OP on this one too, I've been reading Crackberry forums every single day about the Z10 and even with the complaints about the device, I still want the Z10 in my hands. Yeah it's a bummer to wait till March, but knowing there's going to be updates coming soon to fix those little problems, I have nothing to worry about. Can't wait to get that Z10 here in the NYC and in my hands!!!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    02-09-13 04:55 PM
    I like the cut of your jib. The phone is not perfect but then again nothing out there is. For me, the overall experience certainly is a huge step forward.
    I like the cut of this guy's jib. But its all true. Android was a mess when it launched. I didn't know if the g1 was a male female or phone. Kevin nailed when he said if it was perfect he would be out of a job. I'm with you guys.
    02-09-13 07:50 PM