It won't be that bad. Most (but not all) things will work better than on the 9930, and you will have a big app selection. On the whole, you are likely to be equally happy or happier. Plus, it will be dead easy to learn.

Typing will probably suck, however. Iphones are not really designed for power typists.
    Matter of opinion. IMO, once you get used to the iPhone screen, you'll be fine.
    TgeekB and boeingrules like this.
    03-31-14 12:32 PM
    Matter of opinion. IMO, once you get used to the iPhone screen, you'll be fine.
    Agreed. I cannot type very fast on it, but know several people that are fleet-fingered on the iOS keyboard.
    03-31-14 12:35 PM
    Don't worry, iPhones are really simple to use. They are basically toys.

Posted via CB10
    Fixed your grammar error.

There's the obligatory toy argument. Well done.
    richardat, 21stNow and TgeekB like this.
    03-31-14 12:37 PM
    Who knows you might like it...At least you didn't just make the jump to BB10 and have it taken away.
    03-31-14 01:39 PM
    No... it isn't actually. The call quality is way worse. Actually, it's a POS as far as phones go. The only good thing about it is apps.
    Sorry to hear about your loss, and sentence OP. Bummer.
    Calling an iphone "a piece of crap"... is just plain stupid!!
    richardat, TgeekB, bbq10l and 1 others like this.
    03-31-14 01:46 PM
    Agreed. I cannot type very fast on it, but know several people that are fleet-fingered on the iOS keyboard.
    Sure, that's possible. I was pretty darn fast on my Droid Incredible 2, so I can see how someone can be faster on an iPhone.

But, for me, speed is secondary. Tactile feedback is primary because it fosters correct typing, and fewer (if any) corrections. In terms of tactile feedback, the iphone or any touch-screen phone, by construction, blows.

It certainly is a matter of opinion, I'm not disputing that at all.
    Last edited by clickitykeys; 03-31-14 at 03:08 PM.
    03-31-14 02:26 PM
    iPhone (3G-3GS-4) my experience) have never been good for actually making and receiving calls. Overall a tiny or hollow sound (echo?) and relatively poor signal acquisition. My wife has 5S and sounds like she is at bottom of grand canyon when we talk by cell(Z10 or SIII). Odd they never really improved that aspect of the phones, perhaps not a priority ?
    03-31-14 02:27 PM
    iPhone (3G-3GS-4) my experience) have never been good for actually making and receiving calls. Overall a tiny or hollow sound (echo?) and relatively poor signal acquisition. My wife has 5S and sounds like she is at bottom of grand canyon when we talk by cell(Z10 or SIII). Odd they never really improved that aspect of the phones, perhaps not a priority ?
    Or maybe it's everyone's WSP/Location. I've had the 4, the 4s and the 5c and rarely have a problem with either dropped calls, bad call quality or the fishbowl sound during calls. Usually, it's dropped calls and crappy sound due to network, not the phone.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    03-31-14 04:03 PM
    Im with iPhone 5s and my last blackberry was 9900 ( I had z10 for 1 day, so it doesn't count).
    The best thing on apple is apps. They turn everything easier. I can't make a bank transfer on a blackberry, or use my tv remote...tomorrow I'll get a z10 to see how things are going on blackberry... Good luck to you. Post after using it.
    I can make bank transfer from my Z10. It is the banks fault that you can't do that, not BlackBerry's.

And to be honest I would rather have the the TV remote in my hand instead of using my phone. He who holds the remote as power over what gets watched...or not watched! (it's a man thing)

Posted via CB10
    03-31-14 04:03 PM
    I can make bank transfer from my Z10. It is the banks fault that you can't do that, not BlackBerry's.

And to be honest I would rather have the the TV remote in my hand instead of using my phone. He who holds the remote as power over what gets watched...or not watched! (it's a man thing)

Posted via CB10
    But if your phone is your remote, you could still change the channel, no matter who else has the remote.
    03-31-14 04:14 PM
    But if your phone is your remote, you could still change the channel, no matter who else has the remote.
    The problem with that is allowing both persons to be on an equal playing field. I don't want to share the the ability to change the channel..."THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE!!! And that has to be me!

Besides, it would be another needless app to clutter and use up memory space on my phone? No thank you.

Posted via CB10
    TgeekB likes this.
    03-31-14 04:20 PM
    I am sorry for your bad luck. So long...
    03-31-14 04:33 PM
    The problem with that is allowing both persons to be on an equal playing field. I don't want to share the the ability to change the channel..."THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE!!! And that has to be me!

Besides, it would be another needless app to clutter and use up memory space on my phone? No thank you.

Posted via CB10
    No app necessary on certain devices.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    03-31-14 04:36 PM
    No app necessary on certain devices.
    As this was a post about apple vs blackberry the assumption can be made that the person to whom I was commenting was talking about apple products not just any other devices.

Posted via CB10
    03-31-14 04:42 PM
    All I know is my daughter text me this the other day from University ......"Dad! Was walking to lab this morning.....phone drops and well I am sure you know the rest". She has an iphone 5S......but hey I had to respond. "it's broken "? Answer from daughter......"yes!".......SHOCKER! Iphones are cheap.....drop my BlackBerry all the time.

Posted via CB10
    03-31-14 04:50 PM
    Wanted to chime in with regards to remote.
    I enjoyed a Harmony 880 for a long time and it showed its age at some points.
    Having a Z10 I decided its time to change the situation.
    Got an IP2IR module (link) and wrote a small program to control 3 pieces - TV, stereo receiver and media player (basic http requests).
    Works like a charm and can run on any BB10 device and the beauty is that I don't need line of sight for IR commands.
    If I ever decide to switch to another OS then it should not be a problem to port the software.
    03-31-14 05:05 PM
    Why do people have a need to tell they will use another platform? Really, it makes no sense
    03-31-14 05:39 PM
    LOL. My iPhone(s) were not subpar (IMO), I just preferred my BlackBerry. That's just me. @Op. Whatever you have to use, make it work....... for you.
    TgeekB and Laura Knotek like this.
    03-31-14 05:58 PM
    So the thing came in the mail today.

No speed-dial, and I have to peck all over the slab to get anything done.

What fun.
    03-31-14 07:40 PM
    Calling an iphone "a piece of crap"... is just plain stupid!!
    In terms of build quality, it actually kinda is a piece of crap. The Z10 is better, but not by much. Of the recent phone offerings I've had apart, (iPhone 4S, 5, 5S, Galaxy S3 and Galaxy S4, and BB Z10 (3), Q10) I think the Q10 is the most "well made" of them, with the GS3 actually coming in second. The Z is PROBABLY third, and if it's not, the S4 is.

So in closing, they're all throw together by the same 6 year old girl in labor camps in China, you just gotta pick which piece of corn you want out of the giant turd of today's cell phones.
    clickitykeys likes this.
    03-31-14 07:45 PM
    All I know is my daughter text me this the other day from University ......"Dad! Was walking to lab this morning.....phone drops and well I am sure you know the rest". She has an iphone 5S......but hey I had to respond. "it's broken "? Answer from daughter......"yes!".......SHOCKER! Iphones are cheap.....drop my BlackBerry all the time.

Posted via CB10
    How are iPhones cheap? Do you mean the 5c? As a whole iPhones are expensive gadgets that are suspectable to breaking in an event of mishandling. But that does not make them any less well made than any other phone. Saying your phone does better when dropped is not something to brag about.

Sent from my XT1060 using Mobile Nations mobile app
    reeneebob, Laura Knotek and bbq10l like this.
    03-31-14 08:17 PM
    IPhone4 is definitely one of the worst for call reception and drop calls. My friends and family complain constantly about this issue. Most are on Bell and Rogers in Toronto which are both highly regarded for signal strength quality. Apple has such a strong ecosystem and imagine, people let the most important asset of a smart phone slip by.....an actual phone for conversation. I'll never understand why anyone would want a device that frustrates them when making a simple phone call.....but there you have it.