Got a new job, and they're issuing me an iPhone (4s I think) through AT&T. Asked about getting something else, but I'd have to pay extra for it, and free is always better. And they don't want me using my personal phone for business. Since I hardly ever use my personal phone anyway, except for chatting with my wife ... it would remain mostly dormant, sucking up money.

Up until now, I'd been able to crow about never having used a slab-phone, with the exception of messing around with my wife's Note II.

Well, my trusty 9930 will go into hibernation shortly, since I can't justify keeping it active.

iPhone.

Oh well, guess I'll have to do what ever other twelve-year-old on the planet has done and learn how to use the thing.
    boeingrules and Q10Bold like this.
    03-30-14 03:37 PM
    Good luck. Will be an interesting experience.

Via CB10. Bits, C000C6078 for links to science and technology posts and world news.
    03-30-14 03:39 PM
    Interesting is a rather polite word. LOL
    03-30-14 03:40 PM
    Good luck , I hope your experience is better than mine,
    03-30-14 03:41 PM
    It won't be that bad. Most (but not all) things will work better than on the 9930, and you will have a big app selection. On the whole, you are likely to be equally happy or happier. Plus, it will be dead easy to learn.

Typing will probably suck, however. Iphones are not really designed for power typists.
    03-30-14 03:43 PM
    Happy home-button clicking!
    And good luck with attachments.

Posted via CB10
    Jrox74 and rthonpm like this.
    03-30-14 03:43 PM
    Good luck and it's saddening to see us lose another BlackBerry user
    However it is not required to use a BlackBerry device to visit CrackBerry, so don't be a stranger!

Posted via CB10
    03-30-14 03:52 PM
    Not a bad phone, just not a good one

Posted via CB10
    bspence87 likes this.
    03-30-14 05:45 PM
    It may not be your first choice but its an excellent phone.

Posted via my Nexus 10.
    03-30-14 05:56 PM
    After using a BlackBerry going to iPhone is going to make you go insane.

Z30 10.2.1.537
    03-30-14 06:05 PM
    Got a new job, and they're issuing me an iPhone (4s I think) through AT&T. Asked about getting something else, but I'd have to pay extra for it, and free is always better. And they don't want me using my personal phone for business. Since I hardly ever use my personal phone anyway, except for chatting with my wife ... it would remain mostly dormant, sucking up money.

Up until now, I'd been able to crow about never having used a slab-phone, with the exception of messing around with my wife's Note II.

Well, my trusty 9930 will go into hibernation shortly, since I can't justify keeping it active.

iPhone.

Oh well, guess I'll have to do what ever other twelve-year-old on the planet has done and learn how to use the thing.
    att has the Z10 for free or Q10 for $50 with a 2 yr commitment for non business consumers, can't imagine it is much more expensive for your business, but perhaps wait for them to pickup the Z30 or next device released. You can also use bbm on the iphone to keep supporting blackberry.
    03-30-14 06:10 PM
    Im with iPhone 5s and my last blackberry was 9900 ( I had z10 for 1 day, so it doesn't count).
    The best thing on apple is apps. They turn everything easier. I can't make a bank transfer on a blackberry, or use my tv remote...tomorrow I'll get a z10 to see how things are going on blackberry... Good luck to you. Post after using it.
    03-30-14 06:17 PM
    Your job is your security. You gotta do what you gotta do. Perhaps down the road when you can afford a second phone, you might come back to BlackBerry. Or your company has a change of heart and go with BYOD. At the end of the day, it's only just a phone.
    ypwandrews, jegs2 and Blacklatino like this.
    03-30-14 06:43 PM
    At work I'm the only one with BlackBerry phones. One z10 for work, another z10 for personal since they don't want personal and business phones combined. I'm lucky that I get to use whatever phone I want. Hopefully you get to use the iPhone for what you need. On a side note, I'm the only one that doesn't have any phone crashes or constantly looking for a charger. Lol

Vegas, baby, VEGAS!!!
    blusls and digitladestined like this.
    03-30-14 07:04 PM
    It may not be your first choice but its an excellent phone.

Posted via my Nexus 10.
    No... it isn't actually. The call quality is way worse. Actually, it's a POS as far as phones go. The only good thing about it is apps.
    Sorry to hear about your loss, and sentence OP. Bummer.
    03-30-14 07:10 PM
    Im with iPhone 5s and my last blackberry was 9900 ( I had z10 for 1 day, so it doesn't count).
    The best thing on apple is apps. They turn everything easier. I can't make a bank transfer on a blackberry, or use my tv remote...tomorrow I'll get a z10 to see how things are going on blackberry... Good luck to you. Post after using it.
    Why can't you make a bank transfer on a BlackBerry? I don't have that problem....but then maybe I don't have the same bank.

Use your TV remote?
    03-30-14 07:17 PM

It's not learning to use it that will be hard. It's only got one basic button to go back home again, that's why any i-diot can use one. Learning to live with it might be a problem though.
    acovey likes this.
    03-30-14 07:19 PM
    No... it isn't actually. The call quality is way worse. Actually, it's a POS as far as phones go. The only good thing about it is apps.
    Sorry to hear about your loss, and sentence OP. Bummer.
    As you well know, I disagree with you.

Posted with my Q
    03-30-14 07:27 PM
    Interesting... was on a flight from Dallas. The young lady beside me had an iPhone with BBM app. I asked how she liked her phone.... "the company gave it to me" but I prefer the BlackBerry. I then showed her my Z30. She had never seen or handled the phone. She was impressed with the screen size and how much larger the text was. It is frustrating to hear people saying "my company gave it to me". BlackBerry needs to turn this trend around....the question is how. I think Mr. Chen is on the right track...concentrating on enterprise. Hopefully he has enough time....

Posted via CB10
    03-30-14 07:29 PM

Posted with my Q
    And I disagree with you as I was a iPhone 4s owner for a while. It is definitely sub-par.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    03-30-14 07:30 PM
    And I disagree with you as I was a iPhone 4s owner for a while. It is definitely sub-par.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    And as you know I don't care. You two keep trying to start trouble though.

Posted with my Q
    reeneebob, TGR1, 93Aero and 6 others like this.
    03-30-14 07:32 PM
    Funnily enough the iPhone 4S is way better than all the other ones except the 5S. Just enjoy it for what it is.
    03-30-14 07:33 PM
    And as you know I don't care. You two keep trying to start trouble though.

Posted with my Q
    I'm just saying it was my daily driver for at least 2-3 years... so I know it's limitations...

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    03-30-14 07:38 PM
    I'm just saying it was my daily driver for at least 2-3 years... so I know it's limitations...

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    They all have limitations, no? Again, it's personal choice. Calling something a POS doesn't make it so.

Posted with my Q
    03-30-14 07:40 PM

Posted with my Q
    Dude... TgeekB... I'm a phone guy.
    I've been a phone guy for 35 years. I may not be the be all end all phone guy but I have a huge amount of experience. My ears are very well tuned and trained for phone calls. I notice things that many others wouldn't care to notice. I work in the technical aspect of telephony.
    Go ahead and disagree. iPhone call quality is worse than BB.
    03-30-14 07:41 PM
109 123 ...