I honestly don't even know which Yahoo app they're even shutting down. The only app I know of is the Yahoo Messenger app and it's not even built by Yahoo, it's built by BlackBerry lol.
    Maybe no one has gotten around to mentioning that to her yet. Early days. Now that would be extremely funny.
    03-03-13 03:44 PM
    I don't personally like yahoos services. The dropping of BB products is still a bad thing. The people saying "LOL yahoo still exists!?!" Are just creating irony. Mentioning that yahoo has fallen behind and aren't what they once were and that they aren't a major player any more... Does that sound familiar? Yahoo as a company is actually fiscally better of than BlackBerry right now.
    03-03-13 04:06 PM
    +1 for the "what's the app they're shutting down?" question that Blaze raised. I can't remember seeing one at all except the messenger app made by RIM for them.
    03-03-13 06:02 PM
    It seems each step she has taken has had no meaning (we are not using BlackBerry anymore) or stupid and behind the times (no more working from home). Dropping an aging phone won't make you look hip when you employ an inflexible and antiquated work model for your employees. She seems in over her head to me.
    Some have said that Yahoo really needed to cut their payroll and that move was a "stealth" method of doing it, some have said it revolves around a legitimate "team building" desire (former GE "CEO of CEO's" Jack Welch supported the move strongly partly with that rationale) and there have been some stories that she ordered a review of staff remote activity logs and discovered that most of the remote workers barely logged-in all day, which led to the clampdown.

I don't know which if any of those are true, but I do know that she comes across as probably more clueful than the last 3-4 "CEO's du Jour" that Yahoo's been floundering around with. I mean, Carol Bartz?? She was a terror when she was head of Autodesk.
    03-03-13 07:10 PM
    This looks like the app in question:

BlackBerry World - Yahoo!
    RubberChicken76 likes this.
    03-04-13 06:53 AM
    Well I have to say that Yahoo is one of my must used apps. And yes you can download it from BlackBerry world for os 7. Everyone whines about skype and whatsapp etc. Yahoo is those for me. I have 10 or so friends on yahoo and 000000000 on BBM, havent even installed BBM on my 9930.
    Exactly what he said. I've used Yahoo IM for years and years. I was very glad to see it included with my Bold when I got it. Everyone complains about apps not coming to Blackberry and then cheers when one of them goes away. I don't get it. What's wrong with choices?
    03-04-13 09:02 AM
    Everyone complains about apps not coming to Blackberry and then cheers when one of them goes away. I don't get it. What's wrong with choices?
    People often cut off their nose to spite their face when their pride is injured. It's their way of saying "screw you, we don't need you anyway" when they get jilted by someone. Kinda childish, yep.

Reminds me of the Black Knight, from The Quest for the Holy Grail:

"It's only a flesh wound!!! Have at you!! HAaaaaaAAAaa!!"

Actually the most pathetic part of Yahoo's announcement is that all the perennial BBRY short investment analysts jumped on that one aspect of Yahoo's announcement, and tried to turn it into a headline to try to manipulate BBRY's stock price. There were literally as of yesterday 3 separate headlines on the BBRY page on Yahoo finance named something like "Yahoo announces discontinuation of 7 products, including Blackberry app".

Of course these twitmuffins only find the most threadbare rationale to publish a headline naming Blackberry when they need another excuse to try to push the stock price down, and make it all about Blackberry rather than the 7 products Yahoo just discontinued.
    03-04-13 01:58 PM
    Ohhhhhhh. Those yahoos...
    03-04-13 03:27 PM
    Melissa Mayer has been CEO for what, 2 months? I do believe that we will some definite improvements under her management. It's early days yet.
    Zero months, actually.

However, Marissa Mayer has been at the helm for about nine months.
    03-04-13 03:45 PM
    Zero months, actually.

However, Marissa Mayer has been at the helm for about nine months.
    Time flies when you're having fun I guess.
    03-05-13 03:31 AM
    Yahoo is the place where I keep my junk/spam account.
    This
    03-05-13 08:50 AM
    The company that keeps on giving:

m.timesofindia.com/tech/tech-news/internet/Yahoo-accused-of-cheating-by-ex-employee-Lawsuit/articleshow/18807341.cms
    03-05-13 03:25 PM
    I'm sorry .. I really don't give a sh1t about Yahoo .. but it's the principal of the thing. Yahoo and BB are global companies, both affecting communications to their customers. For a global company to purposely blackball another global company to me screams "conflict of interest" and that goes for Netflix and the other companies that keep trying to eliminate services for BB at every turn. It is just shameful!!
    03-05-13 03:53 PM
    Yahoo sucks a$$ anyways.

Posted via CB10
    03-05-13 05:11 PM
    but it's the principal of the thing. Yahoo and BB are global companies, both affecting communications to their customers. For a global company to purposely blackball another global company to me screams "conflict of interest" and that goes for Netflix and the other companies that keep trying to eliminate services for BB at every turn. It is just shameful!!
    I agree, but it's done everywhere. Money talks, big business is all about influence-peddling much of the time.

What irks me even more is when sleazy companies like Samsung start trying to appropriate other company's trademarks against them. I'm starting to see what Apple was so aggravated about. Take a look at this.
    03-05-13 05:12 PM
90 ... 234