I'm using Blackberry 8900. I was never able to sign into my yahoo messenger.
    even when i have a blackberry data plan with my carrier. MSN / Gtalk works fine.
    when I try to sign into yahoo messenger a message appears "Data Service Unavailable".

HELP !
    12-26-09 04:40 PM
    have you attempted to uninstall reinstall the app???
    12-26-09 04:47 PM
    many times, no help. even checked permissions. all allow.
    12-26-09 04:49 PM
    no i installed it myself and i have bis.
    12-26-09 04:54 PM
    Can anyone help ???

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-26-09 07:27 PM
    It's probably controlled by service book.
    12-26-09 07:31 PM
    Can you tell me how to fix it ??

12-26-09 07:39 PM
    I don't know how it works. Just that my all other I'm's are working except yahoo.
    Can anyone tell me how I can fix this ?

12-26-09 07:40 PM
    Maybe your carrier blocks it. You might try calling them.
    12-26-09 07:47 PM
    They say it's a problem with RIM and their own connection. But I don't understand.
    As another friend of mine is using same carrier can log into his yahoo messenger.
    And more friend can't. So it's like some people can use it using same carrier and some can't.

12-26-09 07:55 PM
    Yes I'm sure it's BIS. I get push emails and BBM works. I asked them they say there's no restriction from their side.
    And if they are blocking how come my other friend using the same carrier can log into yahoo. :-(

12-26-09 08:04 PM
    I've never heard of "Warid Telecom" but it is possible your carrier is blocking it. You can try resending your service books or deleting and reinstalling the app. Are you sure you have BIS and not just a plain data plan? Do you get push mail? Do the BB browser and BBM work?
    Warid Telecom covers Pakistan, Bangladesh, Uganda, and Congo. Warid Telecom :: Consumer

I do not see any of those countries listed in Yahoo International. Yahoo! International
    12-26-09 08:09 PM
    Yeah. I'm using warid in Pakistan. It's not in yahoo international. But still people are using yahoo messenger on their Blackberry here.
    Is there any chance it'll work ? Any settings change or anything ?
    Yahoo works on my device using web messenger though. But I'm trying to figure out why actual yahoo messenger is not working.

12-26-09 08:12 PM
    Yeah. I'm using warid in Pakistan. It's not in yahoo international. But still people are using yahoo messenger on their Blackberry here.
    Is there any chance it'll work ? Any settings change or anything ?
    Yahoo works on my device using web messenger though. But I'm trying to figure out why actual yahoo messenger is not working.

I would suggest contacting Yahoo.
    12-26-09 08:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD