My screen, looks like this:

As you will notice I have the Yahoo! Mail icon on there. When people, who have Yahoo! Mail receive emails, do they get a star or something on that Yahoo! Mail icon?

I don't think I've ever noticed it. But, I'm about to get the BES Mailbox software , by EMpower. And once I do this I was going to get hide the 'messages' icon, and thus have one icon for Yahoo! Mail, one for BES Mailbox (since I get my companies emails) and another for SMS / Text messages...

But, if the Yahoo! Mail icon does not notify me of new messages with a star or asterisk near it, what's the point?
    01-18-08 05:10 PM
    I agree, mail notification would good. I know the Google mail app doesn't notify with an star, does it?

If you hide your main Message folder, and you get a PIN message, it will come to that hidden folder, right?
    01-18-08 05:38 PM
    No, I don't believe the GMail one does. Then again, it does not refresh without you going into it, either, right?

You're right about 'hiding the messages' folder. But, I don't get Pin messages unless that person is in my BlackBerry Pin Messenger (I don't post my Pin number anywhere). So, not too worried about that...

Looks like I'll have to stick with using just the messages icon for all; Yahoo! Mail, BES Mail and SMS / Text messages...
    01-18-08 05:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD