When I follow the link for download of blackberry go it takes me directly to the go web page. Shouldnt it download some kind of shortcut to my home screen?

Please help???
    07-28-09 06:17 PM
    Yes it should. Are you using this as the address?
    mobile.yahoo.com/blackberry (leave out the "www")
    07-28-09 06:20 PM
    yes, it takes me to the page, but am looking for the app that will install a shortcut on my phone
    07-28-09 06:27 PM
    Go to get.go.yahoo.com, enter your phone in the field and it
    will send you a download link via text. Ignore the availability message.
    It's probably because I have an 8900 and OS 4.6

07-28-09 06:44 PM
    I got it to work on my att bold

on a verizon tour when I enter the number it say it can't send to a verizon device and when I go to that url it just takes me to the mobile page with no option to download anything
    07-29-09 01:15 PM
    A few things to consider.

1) The Tour is a new device so it may not be available for it
    2) The Tour has a newer OS which the app may not be coded for.
    3) Seeing as Verizon only allows Google Maps and BB Maps to work
    with it's GPS, Where may simply be carrier blocked.
    07-29-09 01:30 PM
    Thanks,

after I posted the message I realized that the tour is not on the approved phone list yet.
    07-29-09 01:42 PM
    How do I download and install Yahoo! Go 3.0?

From Yahoo's help page, "In some devices, it is necessary to upgrade the firmware before you can install Yahoo! Go 3.0. When your mobile device's browser is preparing to download Yahoo! Go 3.0, the firmware version required is listed in the details about the download. To upgrade your device's firmware to the listed version, refer to the device's manual or contact the carrier or manufacturer.
    In addition, some carriers might not have the firmware version required. In these cases, updating the firmware only results in a message that your device already has the most recent firmware. At this stage, only your carrier can remedy the problem."

It might be a firmware issue with Verizon and the Tour.
    Last edited by lak611; 07-29-09 at 01:50 PM.
    07-29-09 01:48 PM
    Thanks,

after I posted the message I realized that the tour is not on the approved phone list yet.
    You might want to check again in the future. I would be surprised if the Tour is not added at some point.
    07-29-09 01:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD