just downloaded the y.messenger on my 8310 and like it very much...been experimenting with it as I just got it yesterday...it seems to be pretty much the same as bb messenger....howevwer, when i go into my pictures and go to send as y! messenger it tells me that i have no yahoo contacts available. However, I do have contacts listed on my y! messenger list...any ideas??...I've checked my contacts on my address book and it shows them as having the yahoo messneger
    10-04-09 10:12 AM
    Does your YM screen show the contacts as being online? If they aren't currently logged and showing online, it will not let you send to their YM.

They can be showing in your contact list, but if inactive, nothing will happen.

In BBM, you can still send a message, and it will be available when the receiver wants to view it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-04-09 10:26 AM
    they are logged in....i'm talking with them as i try to send the pic...but it says that i have no contacts on the list..."no yahoo! contacts available" to be exact
    10-04-09 10:41 AM
    they are logged in....i'm talking with them as i try to send the pic...but it says that i have no contacts on the list..."no yahoo! contacts available" to be exact
    Do they have Yahoo Messenger installed on their PC, or are they using Yahoo Messenger for the Web? If they are using Yahoo Messenger for the Web they cannot send or receive files. How is Yahoo! Messenger for the Web different from the messenger application that’s installed on my computer?
    10-04-09 11:14 AM
    we are both using our phones....no pc's....i downloaded the app and she already had the app on her phone....she has a samsung impression (doesnt like the bb's).
    10-04-09 11:35 AM
    I don't know if it is possible to send/receive pictures with Yahoo Messenger Mobile on a device other than BB or iPhone. I couldn't when I had a dumbphone. Samsung Impression is not a smartphone, and the only smartphone versions of Yahoo Messenger Mobile that I saw were for BB and iPhone, so I don't know if it's even possible to send/receive pictures if somebody has a WinMo or Android device. Phones
    Last edited by lak611; 10-04-09 at 11:58 AM.
    10-04-09 11:54 AM
    Not sure about the pictures, but out of msn, aim, and yahoo, yahoo is the only one with which I can send messages to offline contacts from my mobile.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-04-09 12:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD