Played with it at CES. Meh. It's already fizzled. If you wanna launch big and gain traction, you need to be able to roll that baby out globally in a big time coordinated fashion. You'll see some carrier pick up on it. Probably not enough. iPhone, Galaxy devices, BB10... that's your 2013 (continued) and new big hits.

I could be wrong of course. But probably not.
    01-20-13 10:14 PM
    Played with it at CES. Meh. It's already fizzled. If you wanna launch big and gain traction, you need to be able to roll that baby out globally in a big time coordinated fashion. You'll see some carrier pick up on it. Probably not enough. iPhone, Galaxy devices, BB10... that's your 2013 (continued) and new big hits.

I could be wrong of course. But probably not.
    I just wish they would add the nanotech to the assembly line on all phones, that's all.

It would be so easy to do, like the Kevlar and splashguard coatings on the Moto Razr HD. That coating goes right through the device.
    jakie55 likes this.
    01-20-13 10:25 PM
    That is one beautiful looking phone.
    01-21-13 12:57 AM
    Nice looking phone, wish I could find one to play with.
    Who's giving out the "Righter of all Wrong's" degrees around here?
    Someone should have it up with their, "Hollyer than Thou" degree!
    Last edited by FanBlackBerrytastic; 01-21-13 at 07:12 AM.
    01-21-13 02:00 AM
    I'll say this, can anybody remember one success waterproof/shock proof/dust proof phone? That's because it never matches the promise, the waterproof Nokia Sports I had certainly did not live to expectations.
    01-21-13 05:02 AM
    What I am speaking to is lag or similar type experiences. The two types of issues tend to get combined. That is another type of misinformation. I'm tired of the word misinformation. Let's call misinformation kittens from now on.
    Nah.
    If you don't want to call them pushing misinformation let's use a correct synonym.....

Fabrication.....
    Lie...
    Misrepresentation.....

I prefer to use a term.that describes the action.
    Your preference may differ.

And why should I accept misinformation about lag in my SGIII when I don't experience it?

If I said that a full one third of 99xx devices nuke, as I experienced with the three out of my four, would you not correct that misinformation?

Sent from my SEXY HOT RED SGIII using Tapatalk 2
    01-21-13 07:08 AM
    Who's giving out the "Righter of all Wrong's" degrees around here?
    Someone should have it up with their, "Hollyer than Thou" degree!
    Not sure.

Might want to ask some of the experienced BB practitioners.

reeneebob likes this.
    01-21-13 07:19 AM
    I just wish they would add the nanotech to the assembly line on all phones, that's all.

It would be so easy to do, like the Kevlar and splashguard coatings on the Moto Razr HD. That coating goes right through the device.
    Wouldn't that more or less make it impossible to fix though?
    01-21-13 07:27 AM
    My mischievous thought of the day is that given the comments about potentially licensing BB10, I wonder what people here would say if this phone suddenly had a BB10 operating system on it...
    01-21-13 07:35 AM
    Again, at CES there were a bunch of companies showing off their waterproof coating technologies. Some were B2C, but a couple were B2B.. trying to sell to the OEMs. Will probably see more of this waterproofing come to devices.

Makes sense.
    reeneebob likes this.
    01-21-13 07:38 AM
    My mischievous thought of the day is that given the comments about potentially licensing BB10, I wonder what people here would say if this phone suddenly had a BB10 operating system on it...
    THAT WOULD BE A BLAST!!!!!!!!!

01-21-13 07:39 AM
    Exactly. And it's not beyond the realms of possibility either sometime soon. I'd certainly like to see the great hardware of Sony and Nokia combined with BB10.
    01-21-13 07:40 AM
    lol... agree.

as thorsten said, we have to prove the OS in our device first before licensing (or something like that) it...

there ya go.. once it has proven its worth, i don't mind buying this (Sony) amazing 13MP waterproof BB10 device.

and once its out, i wonder how many will drop blackberry's device and jump to Samsung or Sony BB10 devices..

Sent from my unsliding slider BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
    01-21-13 07:41 AM
    And they've launched a 10" tablet in the Z series, I wonder if it's a Z10? Sony outs 10-inch Xperia Tablet Z: full HD and thinner than iPad — Tech News and Analysis
    01-21-13 09:18 AM
    Is it even launching with the latest version of android?

Sent from my BlackBerry Laguna using Tapatalk 2
    01-21-13 09:26 AM
    Wasn't aware that pointing out the butchering of the English language to the point of being unintelligible was a personal attack, and since I wasn't the only one who mentioned it, I find it curious you aren't demanding apologies from everyone.

Any comment on the entire back half of my post about whether OEM's should add the waterproofing nanotech to the assembly process?
    I already stated everyone should waterproof their devices. Now I've said it twice. It wasn't just what you said but how you said it. Feel free to continue to communicate that way. I was just pointing it out.
    01-21-13 09:47 AM
    Nah.
    If you don't want to call them pushing misinformation let's use a correct synonym.....

Fabrication.....
    Lie...
    Misrepresentation.....

I prefer to use a term.that describes the action.
    Your preference may differ.

And why should I accept misinformation about lag in my SGIII when I don't experience it?

If I said that a full one third of 99xx devices nuke, as I experienced with the three out of my four, would you not correct that misinformation?

If you have never experienced lag on your SIII then I'm happy for you. I said my piece on this and am done with it. The kittens comment was meant to be a light hearted joke.
    01-21-13 09:52 AM
    Thx, So i will ask to All my friends Check their Devices Too cause Its Not only W me that Happens Is with every friend With Droid devices They Always claming About Freeze , With The S2 of my MOM always Freezin When She have One Call cmoming ,sorry But All the Users know That Android Freezes they dont have good memory Manager , WOW or maybe its Cause i live In brazil all the Droid Devices here Maybe Have come BUggy lol By the Way My s3 Always Stuck When I try to load Some heavy page In Dolphin browser dont take me seriously But I dont have Good Experience W Android even W high End Devices ...
    I own a GNote and GNexus and my experience is like the other Android users who are puzzled by your claim. I've never had trouble answering a call, a text or an email, and the OS is rock solid in both phones (JB on the GNex and ICS on the GNote).

We had a similar claim a short time ago when an Android user claimed Maluba (a program available in the Play Store) was identified by his virus software as a virus. It was easily checked then as it is now. I would love that you give us the address of the "heavy page" that crashes Dolphin (a very good browser on Android and one I use daily without any trouble at all), give us the string of programs you find crashes your phone's OS.

I promise you if I find your claim to be correct I will come back to this thread and deliver the mea culpa that would be deserved. I am sure the others who are dubious about the claim would do the same.

If the OS was as buggy as all that, my belief is that there is no way Android would sell in the quantities it does. This OS is now 4 years old and if it was "laggy, buggy, crashy" as is claimed here all the time folks would tell their friends to stay away as they have on most poorly designed phones (and yes there have been some on Android - but more and more the modern high end phones are far from that). I had the pleasure to play with a Nexus 4 the other day and could not believe how incredibly fast that phone was, and was immediately jealous of it.

++

And to back up Q's claims of 3 nuked BB7 phones - BB7 was the first time ever I needed BB customer service (one time I had to replace a trackball on the 8820 but I did that myself). First 9810 the slider came loose and eventually untenable. 2nd one died/nuked could not get it back on in spite of spending a half hour with customer service who didn't believe me when I told her I had tried everything she was about to tell me to do. My third has been fine till now.
    01-21-13 10:55 AM
    It is interesting that the Sony phones have never really come to the USA in any appreciable way as I believe Sony still has a good name in the USA.

The previous generations camera on the Sony were universally panned, and that's why Sony reworked for this release. Whats absolutely amazing about that is I believe the the phones that are considered to have the best current cameras the iPhone 4S (the 5 had the flare issues so I didn't include it), and the GSIII both have Sony internals and were considered much better than the Sony phones for picture quality. Apparently the sensor is only part of what makes a great camera, what the phone's software does with that information seems to be equally important.

I believe a lot of folks came away from CES with the same meh Kevin gave above.
    01-21-13 11:10 AM
    It is interesting that the Sony phones have never really come to the USA in any appreciable way as I believe Sony still has a good name in the USA.

The previous generations camera on the Sony were universally panned, and that's why Sony reworked for this release. Whats absolutely amazing about that is I believe the the phones that are considered to have the best current cameras the iPhone 4S (the 5 had the flare issues so I didn't include it), and the GSIII both have Sony internals and were considered much better than the Sony phones for picture quality. Apparently the sensor is only part of what makes a great camera, what the phone's software does with that information seems to be equally important.

I believe a lot of folks came away from CES with the same meh Kevin gave above.
    This. Software matters - a LOT.

As for CES, I barely pay attention to it anymore.
    01-21-13 11:34 AM
    Emphasize on video & picture taking with good display - I'd rather take a water & shock proof digital camera.
    01-21-13 11:49 AM
    Emphasize on video & picture taking with good display - I'd rather take a water & shock proof digital camera.
    Keep in mind this is just a leak and more features will be unveiled closer to its release, just like BB10. Did you say the same thing about BB10's time shift camera when it was first leaked?
    01-21-13 12:00 PM
    Wouldn't that more or less make it impossible to fix though?
    Motorola doesn't seem to have that issue.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2
    01-21-13 12:05 PM
    Exactly. And it's not beyond the realms of possibility either sometime soon. I'd certainly like to see the great hardware of Sony and Nokia combined with BB10.
    Heck, if someone comes up with a flash able ROM of Bb10 I'd flash it just to check it out. Why not?

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2
    01-21-13 12:07 PM
    Xperia Z seems very very interesting. Looks awesome, great screen and camera, dust and water resistant, walkman player.. Going by the views and likes on the youtube advertisement of Xperia Z, it is going to be quite popular
    01-21-13 12:40 PM
155 ... 4567