Strange are the ways of Motorola as they are releasing their Xoom tablet with out Flash support which is one of their main selling point competing against iPad.

Motorola Xoom will ship without Flash support on February 24th, expects it in 'Spring 2011'? -- Engadget
    Last edited by sf49ers; 02-21-11 at 03:20 PM.
    02-21-11 02:06 PM
    Maybe it isn't as easy as all the nay sayers have been saying with regards to building a tablet time frame, apparently the Xoom is really being rushed to market
    02-21-11 02:10 PM
    Is it Motorola's Xoom hardware or Google's Honeycomb OS that is not supporting Flash?
    02-21-11 02:11 PM
    [sarcasm]Who needs Flash support when you have a barometer [/sarcasm]
    02-21-11 02:22 PM
    Flash is part of the past...
    02-21-11 02:27 PM
    Flash is part of the past...
    Flash is the future.
    02-21-11 02:36 PM
    I am curious to see what all the android supporters will say now. They have been comparing it to the playbook all along. Now that is a plus on the PB's side. I am still curious to see what Honeycomb brings to the market.
    02-21-11 02:42 PM
    I am curious to see what all the android supporters will say now. They have been comparing it to the playbook all along. Now that is a plus on the PB's side. I am still curious to see what Honeycomb brings to the market.
    You can see what they're going to say nothing. Hence why none of the usual suspects have posted. But you better believe if it was just announced that the PlayBook was shipping without Flash support they'd be in here(would have already been in here hours ago) dogging out the PlayBook. Typical but not surprising...
    02-21-11 02:54 PM
    Maybe it isn't as easy as all the nay sayers have been saying with regards to building a tablet time frame, apparently the Xoom is really being rushed to market
    I agree. It seems that it has really jumped the gun. I actually find it silly that an
    Android device (phone or tablet) with an $800 price point, at this point in time
    would actually be released without flash support. You gotta be kidding me.
    02-21-11 03:04 PM
    Motorola might be getting tired of waiting for Google to get their $h!t together with Honeycomb. Release now and do a software upgrade in a couple months.
    02-21-11 03:11 PM
    Flash will be added in Android OS 3.1 called "Lemon Pie".

/sarcasm

Android = a classic case of fragmentation.
    02-21-11 03:18 PM
    It's the beginning of the end for Android.
    They are standing still while the other OS manufacturers are passing them by. By the time they get there isht together with flash. Apple and RIM will have releasing iPad3 and PlayBook2, putting the Xoom even further behind.

Goodbye Motorola too, It's been nice knowing you.
    Motorola Mobility stock is trading at $30.03, down from $35 only a month ago
    02-21-11 04:02 PM
    It is very sad that it wont release with flash. I do not care though, I only visit a few flash websites. If I need to see them on the go, by smartphone can do that. My iPhone is my main device right now anyways so flash really is not that big of a deal.

I do agree that it should be released with the device.
    02-21-11 04:05 PM
    It's the beginning of the end for Android.
    Please. It's the fastest growing mobile OS in the WORLD. The OS is gaining more and more ground every day.

Let's not spew out ignorance now.
    02-21-11 04:06 PM
    ...and the Android apologists have entered the thread.

Pull the stick out of your ***. I just posted tongue-in-cheek what the Android fanbois/trolls would have posted had this been a thread about the PlayBook launching without flash.
    sf49ers likes this.
    02-21-11 04:21 PM
    No flash FAILLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    02-21-11 04:26 PM
    ...and the Android apologists have entered the thread.

Pull the stick out of your ***. I just posted tongue-in-cheek what the Android fanbois/trolls would have posted had this been a thread about the PlayBook launching without flash.
    Apologist? Why don't you learn how to read. I said it was SAD that it isn't launching with flash and that it SHOULD. Want me to buy you a thicker pair of glasses Urkel?

You posted an tongue in cheek of what everyone already knows. Do you like stating the obvious, or is it just a habit? People on this site ***** about trolls all the time and how they post the same type of **** you just posted, then they go and try and do the same thing because they think they are funny.

It sure looks like the longer end of the stick went up your ***.
    02-21-11 04:30 PM
    dont worry though, its got a micro SD card slot....oops, thats later supported too.
    nevermind, its got 4G....oops again, same story.

anyone who says its not unfinished now is gonna look real silly
    02-21-11 04:46 PM
    Fact of the matter is that with CES being the first week of the new year, these
    companies show their upcoming gadgets off. And with that will come people in a much
    caffeinated society who want things quickly. But then again, it probably wouldn't
    matter when the heck CES is during the year because people would want it quickly
    no matter what.
    02-21-11 05:51 PM
    Apologist? Why don't you learn how to read....
    I can read just fine.

... I do not care though, I only visit a few flash websites. If I need to see them on the go, by smartphone can do that. My iPhone is my main device right now anyways so flash really is not that big of a deal....
    Sounds like an excuse to me.
    Enjoy the iPhone
    02-21-11 05:54 PM
    That is a bummer, i am guessing they didnt want to release with 10.1 and where thinking 10.2 would be ready for release. Hopefully its ready when the wifi only tablet comes out. that would be the device i would be getting anyway
    02-21-11 06:00 PM
    As if Motorola didn't shoot itself in the foot with their atrocious start point for price. Now they fail to support Flash. What a waste and yet another reason I won't buy anything Motorola.
    02-21-11 06:40 PM
    whoa whoa, the sd slot isn't 'supported' yet?
    02-21-11 06:40 PM
    whoa whoa, the sd slot isn't 'supported' yet?
    AFAIK not yet, software update

That is a bummer, i am guessing they didnt want to release with 10.1 and where thinking 10.2 would be ready for release. Hopefully its ready when the wifi only tablet comes out. that would be the device i would be getting anyway
    i can see the logic behind that, although surely having 10.1 initally then doing a software upgrade (say at the same time as the 4G upgrade so both can be done in the swap) would be far better from a saleability point for inital launch, especially when you burden your device with a comparitively high price point leaving whats a core differentiator out (wether it be for a month or whatever) isnt a good idea

unless the truth is that honeycomb doesnt play nicely with 10.1 (in which case they shouldnt of announced it). thats the only other logic, because dual core isnt a factor
    02-21-11 07:55 PM
    Hilarious!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-21-11 09:15 PM
50 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD