Can anyone out there tell me if I can listen to XM Radio on my BB Curve 8330
    10-13-08 01:42 PM
    Not yet, but they said soon. Im still waitinggggggg
    10-16-08 10:31 AM
    XM Radio Mobile on BlackBerry�
    I used it on a t mobile 8700g and it worked just fine.
    I havent put it on my curve yet because I have no need to as of yet.
    10-16-08 11:48 AM
    Yes you can on an 8330

xm-generic

Its choppy and drops connection a lot

Do the trial before you buy it

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-16-08 11:55 AM
    That website isnt working. Also I tried it a few times from xm site and it says they are coming out with one soon.
    10-16-08 12:43 PM
    Can you use a standard XM subscription to listen to it on your blackberry? For instance I have XM for my car, it would be awesome if that package carried over.
    10-16-08 12:52 PM
    There's an app called BerryTunes that lets you stream internet radio stations. It works well, i have never had it drop out. The app is like $25 (one-time). It isn't XM but it might work for you. I dont have XM but I'm sure there are more station selections on it (XM) than there are on BerryTunes.
    10-16-08 02:09 PM
    Ok I tried it out today and it works for me. Go to www.xmradio.com/bb on your blackberry browser and follow the directions.
    10-21-08 04:32 PM
    But it cost 7.99 for only 20 channels. I pay a monthly sub for every channel in my car. 7.99 is steep

10-21-08 04:54 PM
    Yea I know it is kinda expensive...but it has Opie and Anthony with lil yimmy!
    10-21-08 05:14 PM
    " support for your device is coming soon. Please enter your email address and we will send you a link to download XM Radio Mobile for your phone as soon as its available"

I just tried this at the above website on my BB.
    10-21-08 07:11 PM
    Strange it was already on my 8310 when I got it, on the 'streaming music' icon... Maybe its an at&t thing

I've found that moodio.fm is way better than the xm program because it takes several tries to even get xm to connect, and moodio is free plus there are far more internet radio stations out there than xm and with more variety.

Shoutcast.com is the best place to get stations IMO

10-21-08 11:58 PM
    I tried the XM radio on my phone and I am extremely disappointed in it. The sound is very murky and it sounds like a cheap old FM radio. My cars XM radio sounds 100 times better.
    10-22-08 12:24 AM
    I agree the sound is poor quality, I was real disappointed. I'll never buy xm for my phone, if I really get bored I'll just delete it and re-download the 1 day trial again, for some reason it doesn't notice I've used it before.

Shoutcast's stations thru moodio sound nice and clear, surprisingly.

10-22-08 02:49 AM
    Maybe i'm lucky, I dunno. It plays well for me. Dont get me wrong, it aint 8 bucks a moth good. Ecspecially when I can listen to it online, on my tv, or in my cars. I used to use shoutcast way back in the day with winamp. Oh...and the only reason I would onsider putting xm on my phone was the opie and anthony show...thats it. I dont really like most of the other stations on xm.
    10-22-08 06:49 AM
    I dont think xm 202 is available on the mobile version is it?
    10-22-08 07:08 AM
    I dont think xm 202 is available on the mobile version is it?
    Yes it is.
    10-22-08 07:09 AM
    Yep it is. Its in the comedy channel lineup. I just drove my kids to school and listened to it all the way there. It never dropped off, although it isnt as clear as a car system but its ok. Oddly enough I have direct tv and when I listen to it on there it sounds the same as my phone.
    10-22-08 07:51 AM
    Any possibility of getting this app without trying to DL from XM as I keep getting the message that my device is not supported?

J
    10-23-08 07:19 PM
    Yeah, I downloaded XM yesterday and was soo excited..until i heard it. But the quality sucks

How's the quality of moodio? Anyone know? I read that mobile radio is poor quality because the amt of data (continuous audio stream) sent through mobile phones is limited as compared to a radio receiver.
    10-24-08 11:50 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD