I guess the field data showed exactly what expected... design to be able to break with bezel-less... as predicted... Science is very cruel thing, it didn't change if you are on this half of the earth or the other side... (wait... may be it not breaking in Asia? The damn NA hands just too slippery). This photo of a cracked Mi Mix is crushing my bezelless dreams - The Verge
    I've never dropped my phone by itself on a hard surface and only use a sleeve/pouch to reduce chance of scratches. Never dropped it into the toilet either but people use their phones differently lol. Still would probably get a bumper for that model.
    11-08-16 02:13 PM
    The trouble with xiaomi and chineses companies I do believe is than they do not pay pattents so they can't sell them in occidental market so easily, yes, a device like that can put BlackBerry back on game, but you have to consider than BlackBerry have to pay for the pattents used in the Phone in order to sell here, also BlackBerry have to pay for the using of the Phone, so we Will have a chinese phone with BlackBerry brand that everyone one (even its Own fans) hates at a Flagship price (if not more expensive not knowing how much you have to spend in pattents) but if you kill the pattents problem it would be a sweet return

Posted via CB10
    11-08-16 06:41 PM
    The trouble with xiaomi and chineses companies I do believe is than they do not pay pattents so they can't sell them in occidental market so easily, yes, a device like that can put BlackBerry back on game, but you have to consider than BlackBerry have to pay for the pattents used in the Phone in order to sell here, also BlackBerry have to pay for the using of the Phone, so we Will have a chinese phone with BlackBerry brand that everyone one (even its Own fans) hates at a Flagship price (if not more expensive not knowing how much you have to spend in pattents) but if you kill the pattents problem it would be a sweet return

Posted via CB10
    you know you uses someone's technology (infringe) without pay patent (license) fee is illegal in this neck of the woods? If I remember correctly, xiaomi was not allow to sell in india for the same reason last year... are you suggest BB going to endorse illegal activity? please enlighten me.
    11-09-16 08:22 AM
    you know you uses someone's technology (infringe) without pay patent (license) fee is illegal in this neck of the woods? If I remember correctly, xiaomi was not allow to sell in india for the same reason last year... are you suggest BB going to endorse illegal activity? please enlighten me.
    What I'm saying is than BlackBerry in order to sell this rebranded Phone in outside of China have to pay for the pattents xiaomi is using

Posted via CB10
    11-09-16 01:52 PM
    What I'm saying is than BlackBerry in order to sell this rebranded Phone in outside of China have to pay for the pattents xiaomi is using

Posted via CB10
    I don't know if BlackBerry would be responsible. Because the deal with Xiaomi would only include name licensing and software. Since the distribution would be done by Xiaomi they should be the one solving patent problems. Moreover, Xiaomi Mi Note 2 is available worldwide. Thus, patent problem is not a solid theory.
    11-09-16 02:35 PM
    I don't know if BlackBerry would be responsible. Because the deal with Xiaomi would only include name licensing and software. Since the distribution would be done by Xiaomi they should be the one solving patent problems. Moreover, Xiaomi Mi Note 2 is available worldwide. Thus, patent problem is not a solid theory.
    here is why note 2 allow to sell. https://www.quora.com/Will-Xiaomi-ev...d-against-them
    glad BB goes after TCL instead xiaomi... no body want to be associate with legal issues.
    11-09-16 03:26 PM
    here is why note 2 allow to sell. https://www.quora.com/Will-Xiaomi-ev...d-against-them
    glad BB goes after TCL instead xiaomi... no body want to be associate with legal issues.
    Well I see the problem is solved. If BlackBerry had the xiaomi mi mix instead of the dtek60, oh boy...
    stlabrat likes this.
    11-09-16 03:33 PM
    It wouldn't but we are speculating about an hipothetic device (that obviously wouldn't be offered for stated reasons) that BlackBerry "could" make to save their butts (another imposible task taking in account their Own fans hates them)

Posted via CB10
    11-09-16 04:39 PM
33 12