Funny was watching this huge vcr device perform many tasks that i think BB10 could accomplish just through linking with the television. think ms has their stragety all wrong on this one.
    05-23-13 09:40 AM
    Why do you think it's huge? It's smaller than a 360. You need to actually research the product

Posted via Vader10
    05-23-13 10:07 AM
    its much bigger than the z10
    05-23-13 10:15 AM
    Funny was watching this huge vcr device perform many tasks that i think BB10 could accomplish just through linking with the television. think ms has their stragety all wrong on this one.
    Any operating system can do what the xbox one does given it's programmed to do so, don't understand what point you're trying to make.
    05-23-13 10:24 AM
    your hub should be mobile. the phone should direct the xbox and television. I know MS have had this vision of the living room for 10 years now, however the blackberry concept is better only will see if they can execute.
    05-23-13 11:02 AM
    your hub should be mobile. the phone should direct the xbox and television. I know MS have had this vision of the living room for 10 years now, however the blackberry concept is better only will see if they can execute.
    Why would I want my phone to 'direct' my xbox when I have a controller? Why would a BlackBerry be so much better for that when I have the Xbox SmartGlass app availible for iOS, Android and Windows Phone? The Xbox can integrate already with my phone and my Windows PC through Media Center, I have a plethora of apps on the 360 from YouTube to Internet Explorer. How can BBRY do better than that?
    05-23-13 11:09 AM
    Why would I want my phone to 'direct' my xbox when I have a controller? Why would a BlackBerry be so much better for that when I have the Xbox SmartGlass app availible for iOS, Android and Windows Phone? The Xbox can integrate already with my phone and my Windows PC through Media Center, I have a plethora of apps on the 360 from YouTube to Internet Explorer. How can BBRY do better than that?
    The controller takes care of your basic gaming and functions on the xbox as per usual. But you only supported my argument the mobile should be the focus through an app like smartglass. And yes the blackberry vision of mobile computing is superior, and ms would be better to take this path as well.
    05-23-13 11:35 AM
    What does the size of the xbox have to do with anything? It's a box that sits under your tv. My 55" TV isn't portable, why should the box that displays content on it be portable?

The Xbox is also exponentially more powerful than your phone, or any phone for that matter.

2 separate devices, 2 different uses.
    05-23-13 11:38 AM
    What does the size of the xbox have to do with anything? It's a box that sits under your tv. My 55" TV isn't portable, why should the box that displays content on it be portable?

The Xbox is also exponentially more powerful than your phone, or any phone for that matter.

2 separate devices, 2 different uses.

The Xbox is of course more powerful and is the device i want to sit down and play games with, i don't use my mobile for that. However this new one wants to control the television, social networks, videos, apps and everything else. however im saying your mobile phone should wear the daddy pants and direct the machines around it.
    05-23-13 11:50 AM
    The controller takes care of your basic gaming and functions on the xbox as per usual. But you only supported my argument the mobile should be the focus through an app like smartglass. And yes the blackberry vision of mobile computing is superior, and ms would be better to take this path as well.
    How does an xbox fit into mobile computing? It's a heavy cumbersome box that is designed to sit under your tv. And BBRY's vision of mobile computing being superior, well, what is their policy? Heins keeps banging on about mobile computing but hasn't got a lot to show for it, Ubuntu is doing a better job than BBRY, having one operating system across all devices, the TV, phone, tablet and PC, apps work seamlessly across all and adapt to the device they are running on, software is availible right now to tinker with for all these platforms, again what does BBRY have to show in this department? And again what is the point of controlling my xbox with a BBRY when I have SmartGlass...hell I can use kinect and don't have to worry about using an external device. You're argument has no basis, you state no compelling argument for the mobile computing cause apart from 'I think it's better'.
    05-23-13 11:54 AM
    The Xbox is of course more powerful and is the device i want to sit down and play games with, i don't use my mobile for that. However this new one wants to control the television, social networks, videos, apps and everything else. however im saying your mobile phone should wear the daddy pants and direct the machines around it.
    Why would I want the functionality of my entire entertainment system to rely on my phone?
    What would be the point of requiring a $700+ smartphone in order to use the xbox? That would raise the price of entry rather sharply, wouldn't it?
    They use smartglass to give options, rather than shoehorning you into having to buy a phone to use your tv.
    MC_A_DOT likes this.
    05-23-13 11:56 AM
    Why? Why would I want my phone to control my xbox when it comes with a controller and kinect? Why would I want my phone to control my PC when all I have to do is, sit down at my desk and grab the mouse? Why would I want my phone to control my tablet when all I need to do is...what do you know...pick up my tablet and start tapping away? Why solve a problem that doesn't exist?
    thatplaybookguy likes this.
    05-23-13 11:57 AM
    How does an xbox fit into mobile computing? It's a heavy cumbersome box that is designed to sit under your tv. And BBRY's vision of mobile computing being superior, well, what is their policy? Heins keeps banging on about mobile computing but hasn't got a lot to show for it, Ubuntu is doing a better job than BBRY, having one operating system across all devices, the TV, phone, tablet and PC, apps work seamlessly across all and adapt to the device they are running on, software is availible right now to tinker with for all these platforms, again what does BBRY have to show in this department? And again what is the point of controlling my xbox with a BBRY when I have SmartGlass...hell I can use kinect and don't have to worry about using an external device. You're argument has no basis, you state no compelling argument for the mobile computing cause apart from 'I think it's better'.
    Xbox is a machine that can be conrolled by your smartphone thats how it fits, like the Tesia Model S. Like i said this vison that microsoft is putting forth now as the xbox being the center of your living was disscussed in interviews many years ago. The execution has actually taken quite a long time. Smartglass is an example, ms would be better focusing on this type of potential with their windows phone especially with the type of products they are involved with.
    05-23-13 12:05 PM
    Why would I want the functionality of my entire entertainment system to rely on my phone?
    What would be the point of requiring a $700+ smartphone in order to use the xbox? That would raise the price of entry rather sharply, wouldn't it?
    They use smartglass to give options, rather than shoehorning you into having to buy a phone to use your tv.
    Xbox would work fine without the smartphone. Its about who controls the living room and is the gateway, Samsung is a competior in this regard with its smart tv. apple with its tv as well. But i am saying your mobile device shoud have control.
    05-23-13 12:25 PM
    Xbox is a machine that can be conrolled by your smartphone thats how it fits, like the Tesia Model S. Like i said this vison that microsoft is putting forth now as the xbox being the center of your living was disscussed in interviews many years ago. The execution has actually taken quite a long time. Smartglass is an example, ms would be better focusing on this type of potential with their windows phone especially with the type of products they are involved with.
    It doesn't make sense, why control my xbox with a phone when I have a controller that comes with the console and now with xbox one I also get kinect to control my console. What actually makes controlling my xbox with my phone better than controlling it any other way?
    05-23-13 12:25 PM
    Xbox would work fine without the smartphone. Its about who controls the living room and is the gateway, Samsung is a competior in this regard with its smart tv. apple with its tv as well. But i am saying your mobile device shoud have control.
    "It's about who controls the living room"...well isn't that what the xbox one is doing?

"Your mobile devices should have control"...Why? What makes this so compelling? Not to mention the fact that this situation has already been addressed with SmartGlass.
    05-23-13 12:30 PM
    It doesn't make sense, why control my xbox with a phone when I have a controller that comes with the console and now with xbox one I also get kinect to control my console. What actually makes controlling my xbox with my phone better than controlling it any other way?
    I wouldn't want the phone controlling anything once your using the xbox playing games. However the phone should control your television channels, apps, switching to the xbox feed etc. this can all be voice commands or by touch. Also the advantage is that it can be personalized ie who walks into the living room with their own phone has their Facebook, twitter and xbox live profile all activated.
    05-23-13 12:34 PM
    I wouldn't want the phone controlling anything once your using the xbox playing games. However the phone should control your television channels, apps, switching to the xbox feed etc. this can all be voice commands or by touch. Also the advantage is that it can be personalized ie who walks into the living room with their own phone has their Facebook, twitter and xbox live profile all activated.
    This can already be done by Kinect and SmartGlass. Did you even watch the Xbox One demo? You walk into the room, Kinect recognises your face and voice and logs you into your Live account. Want to change channel? Just tell Kinect. Why would I need an extra device in the way when the console already does it?
    05-23-13 12:38 PM
    This can already be done by Kinect and SmartGlass. Did you even watch the Xbox One demo? You walk into the room, Kinect recognises your face and voice and logs you into your Live account. Want to change channel? Just tell Kinect. Why would I need an extra device in the way when the console already does it?
    Exactly my point is you should have been able to walk into the room with your windows phone start talking to "Siri" and things react. or your driving home and you say Hey "Siri" pause the the football game. MS should have put the functionality all in the mobile phone leave the xbox as a gaming machine.
    05-23-13 12:48 PM
    Exactly my point is you should have been able to walk into the room with your windows phone start talking to "Siri" and things react. or your driving home and you say Hey "Siri" pause the the football game. MS should have put the functionality all in the mobile phone leave the xbox as a gaming machine.
    Stupid idea. What if I leave my phone at work by accident? What if my phone battery dies? Why have to carry my phone on me every time I want to use my xbox when they can just build it into the xbox in the first place? Why would I want to have to pull out my phone every time I want to change channel? How would my xbox know I was in the same room? What if two people walked into the room at the same time? You're taking this mobile computing stuff too serious, what even is mobile computing? What does 'mobile computing' offer me that can't already be done on a variety of devices? This is just a 'solution' (and I use that in the loosest sense of the word) seeking a problem that will NEVER exist.
    05-23-13 12:55 PM
    Stupid idea. What if I leave my phone at work by accident? What if my phone battery dies? Why have to carry my phone on me every time I want to use my xbox when they can just build it into the xbox in the first place? Why would I want to have to pull out my phone every time I want to change channel? How would my xbox know I was in the same room? What if two people walked into the room at the same time? You're taking this mobile computing stuff too serious, what even is mobile computing? What does 'mobile computing' offer me that can't already be done on a variety of devices? This is just a 'solution' (and I use that in the loosest sense of the word) seeking a problem that will NEVER exist.
    The xbox would work without the phone didn't i already make that clear? it would be an independent gaming only device. I am talking about the gateway to the internet and controling the living room. With current technology its quite easy for the xbox to know when your in the room, but you wouldnt' even have to be there you could control it from mexico. If two people walked into the room the xbox would respond to who is first registred and connected. This is a "solution" for a space that the biggest companies google, apple, microsoft and samsung are currently fighting for. This new xbox is not only up against nintendo and sony.
    05-23-13 01:12 PM
    I couldn't disagree with the OP more. The XBOX one architecture most likely will make it more powerful than the PC you have in your home.

We hear "dual core" about the phones and think these chips are equal to the "dual core" in your computer. No. It's not. Nor is the graphic capability. And why would you add another layer to a system that works best when there is zero lag?

The gaming community is quickly moving away from physical devices required to control anything. As mentioned previously the device is going to facially recognize me, know what I generally like to do. We are moving towards HAL 9000/the Star Trek computer, and away from physical devices entirely.
    MasterOfBinary likes this.
    05-23-13 01:12 PM
    I couldn't disagree with the OP more. The XBOX one architecture most likely will make it more powerful than the PC you have in your home.

We hear "dual core" about the phones and think these chips are equal to the "dual core" in your computer. No. It's not. Nor is the graphic capability. And why would you add another layer to a system that works best when there is zero lag?

The gaming community is quickly moving away from physical devices required to control anything. As mentioned previously the device is going to facially recognize me, know what I generally like to do. We are moving towards HAL 9000/the Star Trek computer, and away from physical devices entirely.
    No doubt the xbox is powerful, but the tasks it was performing during the event were simple and could be done from the phone. All im saying is MS got the vision wrong, the hub should be in the phone its personal and mobile. Don't know if blackberry can execute the vision of mobile computing with qnx alone however.
    05-23-13 01:23 PM
    The xbox would work without the phone didn't i already make that clear? it would be an independent gaming only device. I am talking about the gateway to the internet and controling the living room. With current technology its quite easy for the xbox to know when your in the room, but you wouldnt' even have to be there you could control it from mexico. If two people walked into the room the xbox would respond to who is first registred and connected. This is a "solution" for a space that the biggest companies google, apple, microsoft and samsung are currently fighting for. This new xbox is not only up against nintendo and sony.
    BUT WHY?!?! Why have the phone as the gateway when the xbox can already do that? Why would I want to control my Xbox from Mexico? Why do any of these things when a perfectly good solution already exists in Kinect and SmartGlass? Why would I want to control my living room if I'm not even there? I just don't get it.
    05-23-13 01:26 PM
    Xbox one is going to be a flop "TV" wise. They have ZERO deals with any Television provider for the console. Who wants to pass thru a hdmi input for it to work. It's pointless and redundant. WiiU never made a wimper doing the exact same thing with the TV interface that was going to change the future..

Also they for sure have some sort of "always on connection" but skirt around the issue (remember sim city) they are going from 15,000 servers on the 360 and ramping it up to 300,000 servers for Xbox one. Only reason you need that many servers is for a always on connection. The cloud save BS is just a smoke screen.

While Demo's always make it seem the technology is amazing "real world' it never works as good. The Kinect was a flop gaming wise. Yet they continue the path with it. At the end of the day PS4 will win the war this round for the next gen console..
    05-23-13 01:27 PM
43 12