Ever gone through the member list and just randomly browsed and see that THOUSANDS UPON THOUSANDS of CB members have not made a single post nor set up their profile?!

your thoughts?
    07-05-08 06:25 PM
    ya probably someone posting spam
    07-05-08 06:26 PM
    why would someone set up an account to post spam if they have 0 posts?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-05-08 06:27 PM
    well they might create a bunch of accounts and use select ones i don't know lol
    07-05-08 06:32 PM
    I sure hope it's nothing suspicious!!

I love my CB, don't make my mind wonder
    07-05-08 06:33 PM
    I sure hope it's nothing suspicious!!

I love my CB, don't make my mind wonder
    Have you taken notice of how many are also Guest. Many people who joined are silent participants, they gather information and do an occasional download of Themes or Ringtones behind the scene.
    When I was a member of Palm's Forum, I didn't participate in any of the forums. That how I learned of CrackBerry, while sitting on the fence.
    07-05-08 06:56 PM
    people want their questions answered and then they forget about cb.
    i guess...who knows
    07-05-08 06:57 PM
    you have to be a member to get the free wallpapers/ringtones right?

That's probably why---many join, few post on the forums.
    07-05-08 06:59 PM
    Go back 8, 9,10 months, and see how many of those active members back then are still active on the Forum now.
    07-05-08 07:01 PM
    you have to be a member to get the free wallpapers/ringtones right?

That's probably why---many join, few post on the forums.
    Thats correct.
    07-05-08 07:01 PM
    A lot are probably lurking trying to read up before posting.
    07-05-08 07:02 PM
    people want their questions answered and then they forget about cb.
    i guess...who knows
    This is true. Many times people sign up on forums and they dont post a single thing. They're lurking or looking for an answer. Once they have gotten what they want, they bounce.

CB has 200,000 members which is great but true #'s to me come in the form of active members. Wonder what that # would be if zero posters werent counted.
    07-05-08 07:04 PM
    I think the truest numbers are the #hits a day from unique ip addresses.

I wonder what that is..... That's advertising sales pitch info right there!
    07-05-08 07:06 PM
    This is true. Many times people sign up on forums and they dont post a single thing. They're lurking or looking for an answer. Once they have gotten what they want, they bounce.

CB has 200,000 members which is great but true #'s to me come in the form of active members. Wonder what that # would be if zero posters werent counted.
    at this moment there are 1620 guests sitting on the side.
    07-05-08 07:07 PM
    I think the truest numbers are the #hits a day from unique ip addresses.

I wonder what that is..... That's advertising sales pitch info right there!
    Doesnt that still make them a "guest?"
    07-05-08 07:12 PM
    Doesnt that still make them a "guest?"
    not necessarily--I'm a member, yet I visit from ...at least three different locations (work, home, bb?)

As far as participating members vs total members, I don't think its as important as the exposure this site gets. From a business standpoint, its wonderful to have 200,000+ registered members because its a hard number that can be used for target marketing projections. In addition to that would also be the #hits to the pages.

jmo--I'm no genius but this site has success written all over it.....I wonder how much they purchased the domain name for?
    07-05-08 07:20 PM
    I actually had an account and never posted. Then I had an issue and went to the forums and forgot my username and password, I never needed to remember it because i never logged in. So I had to make another account to post, which was earlier this year. A lot of people are just looking for info.
    07-05-08 07:36 PM
    In my opinion, most people don't post because they either don't want to sound stupid or be considered a "newbie" and get laughed at or treated badly, even though this site doesn't do that at all. People get scared to ask for help, basically. You don't have to sign up on this site to read the forums or blogs; only to post questions or download stuff.

I was a lurker for 6 months before I signed up for an account last month. I didn't see the need to get an account when I could read the blogs and forum posts without doing anything at all except hitting a bookmark.
    07-05-08 07:51 PM
    One other thing to consider is the Off-Topic forum
    posts do not count toward post count, so if that's where
    a member makes all of their posts they show as 0.
    Last edited by amazinglygraceless; 07-05-08 at 08:01 PM.
    07-05-08 07:54 PM
    One other thing to consider is the Off-Topic forum
    posts do count toward post count, so if that's where
    a member makes all of there posts they show as 0.
    Guessing you meant "don't"
    07-05-08 07:57 PM
    Guessing you meant "don't"
    Oooh! good catch, off to edit
    07-05-08 08:00 PM
    Oooh! good catch, off to edit
    edit? what for? mistakes make you human!

Ok edit... I like the god-like you!!
    07-05-08 08:02 PM
    Just simpler, that's all.
    07-05-08 08:04 PM
    I don't post much, but I NEVER forget about CrackBerry.com nor do I usually go a day without checking out what is going on in the CB world. I typically post if I am sure about the answer to something, and someone didn't beat me to the answer...which isn't often since there are so many great members with a wealth of knowledge here
    07-05-08 08:04 PM
    I don't post very much at all but have been reading for a while, especially for research before I bought. It's a great source of information.
    07-05-08 08:15 PM
41 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD