My wifi connection will stay on for a little bit then it goes to effin grey!!! The damn thing won't stay connected!!! Anybody else have this problem?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-10-09 04:49 PM
    Check out the WiFi Guide link in my signature. You can also try a battery pull on your device as well as restarting your router.
    06-10-09 05:00 PM
    My wifi connection will stay on for a little bit then it goes to effin grey!!! The damn thing won't stay connected!!! Anybody else have this problem?

Out of curiousity, what kind of router do you have?
    06-10-09 05:03 PM
    Master Power recycle... power cable modem, wireless router, and battery pull on your 8900... and you can never tell if you actually have a good connection to your cable provider... I just had some issues... did the above and still had issues... then an hour later it was up again.
    06-10-09 05:10 PM
    I have a lynksis router, just power cycled the modem and router, the connection seems to be holding....we shall see.....thanks for all the replies guys.....crackberry ROCKS!!!

06-10-09 05:14 PM
    i just posted the same problem. it's so annoying. battery pull always fixes it. i also have a linksys router.

what annoys me the most, is if my wifi connection isn't working, why doesn't the phone revert to using the mobile network?
    06-10-09 06:17 PM
    make sure you have the latest firmware for your router... and that your router isnt using a firewall... i had issues with mine staying connected for like 10 mins then drop... it was the firewall on the router... make sure you dont have one, if you do find out a way to turn it off, you dont need a firewall on your router
    06-10-09 06:49 PM
    i just posted the same problem. it's so annoying. battery pull always fixes it. i also have a linksys router.

what annoys me the most, is if my wifi connection isn't working, why doesn't the phone revert to using the mobile network?
    If you wifi connection is not working IT DOES use your mobile network!!!
    06-10-09 07:15 PM
    If you wifi connection is not working IT DOES use your mobile network!!!
    ummm no it doesn't. pages just don't load at all. sometimes my mobile network works, but when i'm in my wifi area, and the wifi decides not to work, the mobile network doesn't take over either.
    06-10-09 07:17 PM
    ummm no it doesn't. pages just don't load at all. sometimes my mobile network works, but when i'm in my wifi area, and the wifi decides not to work, the mobile network doesn't take over either.
    Are you talking about using your Browser right now??? I'm sure your emails will get to you if you wifi is down... I'm sure Google Maps will work if your wifi goes down... that is using your mobile network.
    06-10-09 07:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD