Looking for a 2 port USB wall charger that uses 4.2 amps total, or 2.1 amp per port. Reason is i have a 1 amp wall charger with 2 ports, it will charge my blackberry but not my galaxy tab. The tab charger outputs 2 amps. Only one i see is kensington but its out of stock everywhere i look. Anyone else know of a good one? I'll even take a 1amp 2.1 amp combo.
    09-01-11 02:37 PM
    Ebay should provide you with a good charger direct from hongkong, as most are made there.

This isn't the place to post a thread like this, there's the marketplace subforums.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-01-11 06:54 PM
    Looked on ebay..most 2 port usb chargers are only 1 amp each. And this is the Gen discussion, its not im asking to buy from someone or selling something, im asking if anyone knows of or has one that i could get the info on. Thanks though.
    09-02-11 02:21 PM
    Looked on ebay..most 2 port usb chargers are only 1 amp each. And this is the Gen discussion, its not im asking to buy from someone or selling something, im asking if anyone knows of or has one that i could get the info on. Thanks though.
    If the battery's capacity is 3000 mAh, 4.2 amps (4200 mAh) would be overkill. 1000 mAh would be good enough. Maybe try googling <tablet name> rapid charger.

09-02-11 03:26 PM
    My charger works fine for the Tablet. It uses 2 amps. My BB requires 1 amp. I bought a dual usb charger, so i could charge both with one plug, but its output is only 1 amp total. It will charge my BB, but not my tablet, with or without the BB plugged in also. Thats why i was looking for a 4.2 amp, 2.1 amp on each and i wouldn't have to worry about which usb port to use for which device. If i can't get that then a 2.1 and a 1 amp combo will work i'll just have to pay attention to which one is which. All i have found is car charges, i am looking for a wall charger.

Just because the charger says 2.1 amps its not what its using, thats just the max it can output.
    09-02-11 04:46 PM
    I've been looking for a charger with dual 2 amp outputs as well for a while. I.e. a 4 amp charger.
    -Shaown
    09-02-11 07:23 PM
    Your tablet should be able to recharge it's battery when connected to a power source. If it doesn't, then it's likely a hardware issue. You should get it checked then if that's the case. Just basing it on what you've described.

A rapid charger isn't always a good thing.

09-03-11 01:50 AM
    So far an amazing # of non answers.
    The OP's question was - does anyone know of any dual output USB chargers that can pass 4 amps (2 per port through).

Some very obvious uses - carrying two tablets or other high amp devices around. Examples include the playbook, tab and the ipad (playbook comes with a 1.8A?, tab with 2A, and IPad with 2.1A). In addition, many new phones (IPhone, BBerry 9900) can take advantage of 1 amp chargers (see the recent crackberry article on how using the playbook charger is faster on the new berries). My personal use case would be to charge my IPad and 9930 off a single charger at full speed.

So rather than explaining why people don't need it - anyone know where we might find one? Best I have seen is a 2.0 amp belkin that does 2amps to one port or 1amp to 2 ports.

-Shaown
    09-03-11 03:10 AM
    Rootbrian, you obviously do not understand the question or what is going on here. My tab charges fine with its supplied charger which has a max output of 2 amps. Any time i hook it up to a max 1 amp output charger no matter what it is, it doesn't charge. This tells me that it needs more than 1 amp to charge. I travel a lot and sometimes it is hard to find 2 electrical receptacles that are free in a hotel, believe it or not. It would be nice to have one plug, 2 usb ports, to charge both my tab and my BB using the one plug. Also less to carry and pack. I am not looking for a rapid charger btw. The samsung supplied charge is 2 amps, most of the single wall chargers and the dual car chargers are showing 2.1 amp power, so i just assumed a dual port would be 4.2 amps.

I am glad you got your post count up though, 17 posts per day since you been on...keep on and you might get to 18 or 19!!
    Last edited by SlickVic; 09-03-11 at 07:51 AM.
    09-03-11 07:48 AM
    I found this at Amazon.

Amazon.com: XtremeMac IPU-IH2-11 InCharge Home for iPhone/iPod/iPad: MP3 Players & Accessories

I haven't tried it, but I'm thinking about getting it, since my tab will charge with .5A or 1A, but is much faster at 2A.

Later,
    04-07-12 12:43 AM
    The one at amazon is only 2 amps.

I've found these but can't say how good they are:
    For car: Qmadix QM-DMCH-4.2 Universal Qmadix USB Dual Mobile Charging Hub 4.2 AMP for iPod iPhone & iPad - QMadix - 215QMDMCH4
    For North American wall outlet: ThinkGeek :: Dual USB 4.2 Amp AC Adapter With 6ft Charge/Sync Cable

They seem very hard to locate but are around.
    08-17-12 02:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD