Added to the tab...

Chief Operating Officer Kristian Tear $1.5 million
    Chief Marketing Officer Frank Boulben $2.3 million
    Chief Financial Officer Brian Bidulka $3 million

BlackBerry’s Exiting Executives Earn $6.8 Million in Severance - Canada Real Time - WSJ
    11-26-13 02:07 PM
    Added to the tab...

BlackBerry’s Exiting Executives Earn $6.8 Million in Severance - Canada Real Time - WSJ
    Thanks for the report.

Considering these were C-suite executive positions, those are actually fairly low.
    Superfly_FR and howarmat like this.
    11-26-13 02:10 PM
    ^Yes, they are comparably low. So, everyone complaining about "golden parachutes" can relax now.

What's more interesting is when we will start seeing the new staff's work. Hopefully some new marketing can squeeze in for the Holiday season.
    11-26-13 02:21 PM
    Added to the tab...

Let me get my violin and play a sorrowful tune for these unfortunate people.
    11-27-13 09:54 AM
    For a company drastically losing money, they were paid way too high to begin with.
    11-27-13 11:14 AM
    To ge the best people you need to pay competitively. People aren't going to come work out of kindness or fondness towards BlackBerry. BlackBerry compensation packages for executives are not any higher than other tech companies .

Sent from my Z30
    app_Developer likes this.
    11-27-13 01:20 PM
    To ge the best people you need to pay competitively. People aren't going to come work out of kindness or fondness towards BlackBerry.
    A marketing graduate fresh out of school could have done a better job than Frank Boulben at a fraction of the cost.
    11-27-13 01:23 PM
    A marketing graduate fresh out of school could have done a better job than Frank Boulben at a fraction of the cost.
    The plateau effect.
    11-27-13 01:40 PM
    Boulben sounded like he had ideas, but the Superbowl commericial showed a lack of sensibility toward what would work. It's like he went with the same firm that produced the Palm Pre intro commercial...
    Mack Gans likes this.
    11-27-13 02:13 PM
    Be that as it may, that's not really the point. Whether or not Boulben was an effective CMO (most of us don't think he was) doesn't change the fact that companies like BlackBerry would have to pay someone something like this for a person with qualifications for the C-level job.

But, perhaps Mr. Chen agrees with you and that's why they haven't announced a formal replacement for the position.

Posted via CB10
    11-27-13 02:21 PM
    Those amounts are probably the extra over and above their contractual rights.... So notice payments etc all on top, on the plus side any share options they got are no longer worth ****, but I bet they offloaded them ages ago.

Sent via my S3 and tapatalk
    11-27-13 02:26 PM
    Boulben sounded like he had ideas, but the Superbowl commericial showed a lack of sensibility toward what would work. It's like he went with the same firm that produced the Palm Pre intro commercial...
    Man, I just went back to watch the Pre commercial again and it still creeps me out.. :P

Posted via CB10
    Mack Gans likes this.
    11-27-13 03:46 PM
    To get (sic) the best people you need to pay competitively.
    Sent from my Z30
    Gee why doesn't BlackBerry pay all their staff according to your philosophy that to get the best people a company must offer competitive wages. Why should only the executives receive top-drawer compensation? I doubt the customer support staff were paid on par with the wages of those calling in with a BES down crisis.
    11-27-13 03:50 PM
    To ge the best people you need to pay competitively. People aren't going to come work out of kindness or fondness towards BlackBerry. BlackBerry compensation packages for executives are not any higher than other tech companies .

Sent from my Z30
    The parachute payments are very excessive and an insult to both those about to be made redundant and also to shareholders.
    qwerty4ever and stackberry369 like this.
    11-27-13 05:56 PM