hey,
    so im writing a comparison paper on blackberry and iphone. so basically i have to include criterias i would judge a phone by and compare the two and i need 3 criterias...anyone want to to input any ideas?
    im open to any new ideas that could help me write the paper

thanks!
    03-10-09 07:37 PM
    Security, Manageability, Customization.
    03-10-09 07:40 PM
    BB is a business style device......Iphone is a toy with a calling function.

03-10-09 07:40 PM
    Be sure to make a post over on The iPhone Blog so you get BOTH sides of the spectrum, from all users. But anyways, I think the iPhone is really really cool. So is BlackBerry. I'm not a team of either. I love both.
    03-10-09 08:17 PM
    User experience, Market Share and cool factor

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-10-09 09:17 PM
    I would say Connectivity would be an important factor. Not just the phone aspect, but how each lets you stay connected to friends and family. They are, after all, communication devices.
    03-10-09 09:17 PM
    User experience, Market Share and cool factor

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Oh market share, a good one. Depending on the class of course. One topic could be an over all S.W.O.T. analysis
    03-10-09 09:28 PM
    I would say push email, a flash on the berry,bbmsgr, and the list goes on
    03-10-09 09:57 PM
    I would say Connectivity would be an important factor. Not just the phone aspect, but how each lets you stay connected to friends and family. They are, after all, communication devices.
    +1 to connectivity and everything Kronk said about it.

Another topic idea that I think would be reasonable is design which could include both how easy/intuitive the operating system is to navigate through and how well the physical design of the phone meets your needs.

Finally, maybe something like functionality. I'd think of this category in terms of, does this phone do everything I need it to do? If the paper is supposed to be about your personal opinion you can compare/contrast what type of specific functions you need your phone to do (calendar, email, etc) verse functions other people might need (games, large-screen movie watching, etc).
    03-10-09 10:21 PM
    something about availability maybe? at&t only iphone in the states, maybe?
    03-10-09 10:24 PM
    I'm going to repeat myself here

IPhone = People who want to be entertained
    BB = People that need to get ish done.

Does not get any simpler than that.
    03-10-09 10:52 PM
    thanks for all the input

i think im going to make my 3 comparison factors be, which device is more user friendly, functionality, and physical feature (keyboard/touchscreen)

its only a 4 page paper so nothing too huge. I just though id pick this topic cause itd be easy and fun to do...

more ideas are still appreciated!
    03-10-09 11:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD