How could you even join a contest without practice?

Posted via CB10
    How could you run BB with no proper experience ? Its happened, and now its 2 years of bankruptcy incoming...

sh1t happens !
    04-12-14 07:06 AM
    Lmao, great video. All you envious souls here it's ok to gripe. The point here is how fast the keyboard is and yes overtime it learns how you type so yeah......in a real world situation this is spot on, loves it!

It's so great to type long sentences with such little effort and super speedy, it's like my BlackBerry is reading my mind or something

Here is another rigged video for yallz, lmao!

Photos captured using BlackBerry devices - C00016D81
    Anyone going do that with a ipad and a playbook....
    04-12-14 07:08 AM
    How about pairing the two secretaries, Siri and Sayit? Who can dictate faster and higher accuracy rate?
    07thking likes this.
    04-12-14 07:16 AM
    If there's one hangup I have on WP it's the typing experience. Haven't had a chance to really try it out and see if it's any good.

My niece has a 920 and she enjoys it well enough but likewise she hasn't tried a bb10 device.

Posted via CB10
    04-12-14 02:07 PM
    How about pairing the two secretaries, Siri and Sayit? Who can dictate faster and higher accuracy rate?
    Siri will win almost every time. If there's one thing Apple got right with her, it's the recognition speed/accuracy and turn around for getting results. She's very fast. Google Voice Search is faster, though, cause it does voice to text on device and sends only the text string over the wire.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 3 using Tapatalk
    04-12-14 04:15 PM
    That's not unique to Blackberry, in fact they were pretty late to that.
    Correct me if I'm wrong but the only keyboard that learns from emails (active sync, imap, pop, etc.), instant messaging (whatsapp, bbm, etc.) is BB10. Do you know any other implementation that does it?
    I agree that providing personalized response is an old news - Google was doing ads based on the search string long time ago.

I think some OEM keyboards like those from Samsung and HTC have been doing it for a while now as well
    Nope, Samsung does only a limited set of providers (clearly no hotmail, outlook, whatsapp, bbm).
    Moreover, user needs to setup supported accounts separately from the device settings which adds complexity and with the privacy warning (give access to Samsung which in turn gives access to SwiftKey which in turn gives access to somebody else) discourages people from configuring all the accounts.

Note that almost all keyboards learn from user input and add to the dictionary. The beauty of BB10 is that it has user dictionary right after activating by looking at the existing messages.

Microsoft already has all the tech to do this. They can leverage tech from software like Microsoft Word and repurpose it in Mobile (i.e. offering suggestions based on position, context, frequency, etc.).
    We should wait and see.
    I'm not buying their or any other company claims until I try myself.
    MS Word doesn't hold value here, it's like saying BB was doing best communication device for ages so their new BB10 will continue to win.
    Most code needs to be rewritten and optimized for slow CPU, small memory amount and other factors specific to mobile devices.
    I remember playing with Asus Transformer and that keyboard was awfully slow and couldn't be configured to disable predictions (eventually they made it faster).

I tried multiple keyboards and BB10 was the first one that got me off the physical.
    Another useful gesture is to wipe the last typed word - swipe to the left; I'm not sure why other vendors don't implement it.
    04-12-14 06:15 PM
    Correct me if I'm wrong but the only keyboard that learns from emails (active sync, imap, pop, etc.), instant messaging (whatsapp, bbm, etc.) is BB10. Do you know any other implementation that does it?
    I agree that providing personalized response is an old news - Google was doing ads based on the search string long time ago.

Nope, Samsung does only a limited set of providers (clearly no hotmail, outlook, whatsapp, bbm).
    Moreover, user needs to setup supported accounts separately from the device settings which adds complexity and with the privacy warning (give access to Samsung which in turn gives access to SwiftKey which in turn gives access to somebody else) discourages people from configuring all the accounts.

Note that almost all keyboards learn from user input and add to the dictionary. The beauty of BB10 is that it has user dictionary right after activating by looking at the existing messages.

We should wait and see.
    I'm not buying their or any other company claims until I try myself.
    MS Word doesn't hold value here, it's like saying BB was doing best communication device for ages so their new BB10 will continue to win.
    Most code needs to be rewritten and optimized for slow CPU, small memory amount and other factors specific to mobile devices.
    I remember playing with Asus Transformer and that keyboard was awfully slow and couldn't be configured to disable predictions (eventually they made it faster).

I tried multiple keyboards and BB10 was the first one that got me off the physical.
    Another useful gesture is to wipe the last typed word - swipe to the left; I'm not sure why other vendors don't implement it.
    Those gestures are stock SwiftKey gestures. I forward all my email to Gmail to save battery life so all my email can be checked.

Not sure what you're talking about.

That stuff is old news.

I just gave you examples: Google Keyboard, Swype, SwiftKey, and most keyboards that are built off of SwiftKey are doing that now (BB10's keyboard is based off of SwiftKey, and that's where all of their predictions come from the only thing different is how it displays its predictions and how you select them).

Obviously anything you type into the keyboard is going to be used for personalization if you're using it on the phone (the only way to use messaging apps like WhatsApp and BBM). Facebook Messages are checked by those apps via Facebook Connect, as is Twitter and other Social Services.

Contacts and SMS are checked on the Device. Gmail is checked, which is all that's needed because it makes no sense to have a dozen email accounts loaded on an Android device when you can forward to Gmail and even "Send As..." from the Gmail app if you wanted to.

Both Swype and Samsung (based on SwiftKey like the BB10 KB) do this on my device. You don't need a PIM Service to do that, Lol. The keyboard software can do that itself, as they have been doing for like half a decade or more...

And that's assuming the person in question even wants the keyboard to sift through their stuff to "learn" their typing habits, which I don't because I speak differently depending on the medium and the person to which I'm speaking. I prefer stock predictions. I mostly just want "Quick Space," Auto-Correct, Auto-Substitution, and Stock Next Word Prediction. I let it download the "common jargon" stuff but that's as far as I go.

Like I said, when I'm live tweeting event I use a lot of odd technical sports element abbreviations and I don't want those added to my dictionary. I don't want anything added there, not even the stuff that I "force" through because it completely throws off the Auto-Correct and Next Word Prediction for me. I want it suggesting standard English now the jargon and abbreviations that I've used on Twitter (due to character limitations), Facebook Messenger (very informal conversations - may even include some obscene language that may get auto-substituted to someone else if I misspell something and don't pay attention), or SMS (Character Limit, since in a very low reception area MMS may take forever to send, sometimes you try to keep those down to Twitter-sized chunks to make sure I don't have to wait 2 minutes for the MMS to send).

Sent from my Galaxy Note 3 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by n8ter#AC; 04-13-14 at 12:50 AM.
    04-12-14 06:53 PM
    Stock bb10 voice assistant is more useful then say it was for me

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    04-12-14 08:45 PM
    Most Third Party assistants are terrible because they use pretty terrible databases to get their information from. Solutions from OEMs and companies making phones often have deals with companies like Yahoo! and WolframAlpha to get accurate information from world-reknown sources. A lot of those 3rd party offerings simply link to Wikipedia pages. I mean, even Google does that, which I find kind of odd...

For research purposes, the Wolfram Alpha database is invaluable.

Aside from that, the tech in the first party offerings is usually better and the device integration is often superior as they can use APIs or access things on the phone that third party apps may not be able to (or not as well).

The best 3rd party (non-built-in) Voice Assistant software on Android or iOS is Nuance's Dragon.
    04-13-14 12:54 AM
    To all the haters here. It's already proven that BlackBerry 10 keyboard is the best.

Posted via CB10
    Bluenoser63 likes this.
    04-13-14 01:49 AM
    SwiftKey has this feature and has done for a long time. Although in its current form you have to have the Flow feature turned off.
    04-13-14 02:23 PM
    SwiftKey has this feature and has done for a long time. Although in its current form you have to have the Flow feature turned off.
    I hate flow. It's always off for me. I like the way bb10 presents the predictions but I can see it's mostly the SwiftKey elements that powers the bb10 keyboard

04-13-14 06:11 PM
    For anyone craving a BB10 keyboard on Android, there is Touchpal X.
    Giving it a go myself and has the word predictions above the keys and so far seems to be pretty accurate in its word predictions. Taking some getting used to compared to SwiftKey though.
    04-13-14 06:24 PM
    For anyone craving a BB10 keyboard on Android, there is Touchpal X.
    Giving it a go myself and has the word predictions above the keys and so far seems to be pretty accurate in its word predictions. Taking some getting used to compared to SwiftKey though.
    I used to use this before SwiftKey and it is a decent keyboard. The predictions are not quite as good as SwiftKey which is why I no longer use it but it is still a decent keyboard.

04-14-14 12:15 AM
    I had to go back to SwiftKey, found that when I was typing quickly I was repeatedly hitting the suggested words above the letters so had to slow my typing down to complete sentences without mistakes. With SwiftKey I literally just smash the keyboard in the general direction that I need and it seems to put the correct word in.
    04-14-14 01:23 PM
    There were some things I liked about the BB10 keyboard and some things I like better about SwiftKey.

BB10: When you type a word the way you want it and it autocorrects, you backspace back to the word and it changes the word back to what you meant. On SwiftKey you have to backspace back to where it autocorrected and then when you type what you meant it leaves it like that and doesn't try to autocorrect a second time.

I like the aesthetics of the virtual bezels.

SwiftKey: I like having the alternate characters on each key so I can enter them with a long press.

I like being able to theme the keyboard to change the color and shape of the keys.

I'd love to have a keyboard that combines the aspects that I like from both.
    04-14-14 03:49 PM
    Pygocentrus was the second letter. But floccinaucinihilipilification had to be typed manually. Wtf.

Posted via CB10
    04-15-14 05:11 AM
67 123