I love how it has turned from diehards stating why BB is superior to iOS and Android, and BB10 is going to take back the market to now how BB10 will be a strong third.

The arguments have long been based in how BB is superior but people bought for other reasons. Now when people state how good WP is, many of you start talking numbers again. Which is it, numbers or quality of OS?

For the record, I like BB10 and might change to it, but WP8 is in the running also. I just think most of you are so darn emotional and petty.
    I agree with you.

BB is still holding at #3. The smartphone / superphone race is still very young, really its anyone's game at this point. I'd love to see RIM stabilize and have a strong robust platform that does well.

RIM is not trying to be #1, but market to the 1 in 5 person.

So many people focus on WP because it's almost here, but lets not forget that Samsung is working on Tizen and Mozilla is working on their own, and MeeGo may have some life in it.

Companies are still battling over refrigerators, so we are long from over!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
    10-15-12 01:17 PM
    And as I said earlier, in the US market where Microsoft and Nokia focused loads of advertisement cash, loads more people walked out of AT&T stores with Wp7 than Blackberries.
    They have only sold about 600,000 Lumias in the US as of September 5th 2012, even with the $99 price on contract for the 900 at AT&T. That's not "loads" of people or phones. And only 7 Million worldwide since launch in 54 countries.

Nokia: 7 million Lumia phones sold to date in 54 countries, 4 million in the last quarter -- Engadget

RIM sold more of the old OS devices last quarter worldwide then Nokia has of all Lumia devices combined. Sales of both have fallen off in the US waiting for WP8 and BB10. Again let's see how well the new devices do because if you are going to use any Lumia sales to date they are all pretty low and BBOS7 is winding down (but still selling better than Lumia).
    VeGiTo likes this.
    10-15-12 02:55 PM
    They have only sold about 600,000 Lumias in the US as of September 5th 2012, even with the $99 price on contract for the 900 at AT&T. That's not "loads" of people or phones. And only 7 Million worldwide since launch in 54 countries.

Nokia: 7 million Lumia phones sold to date in 54 countries, 4 million in the last quarter -- Engadget

RIM sold more of the old OS devices last quarter worldwide then Nokia has of all Lumia devices combined. Sales of both have fallen off in the US waiting for WP8 and BB10. Again let's see how well the new devices do because if you are going to use any Lumia sales to date they are all pretty low and BBOS7 is winding down (but still selling better than Lumia).
    i don't think anyone said wp7 have been selling like hotcake. everyone knows bb is number 3. we are talking about wp8 here, not wp7. how much marketing did they do wp7? and how much are they planning for wp8?

ppl are saying wp8 will outsell bb10. that's what matter now. u think RIM cares about older device getting sold? even if they sold 2m or whatever last quarter, they still in the red. it obviously means they didn't make money from selling the 2m.

also, lets say if they remain number 3 if you add up all the older device. i don't think people care about that stats. people only care about recent stats, as in how much wp8 are sold compare to bb10. u think people be like, there are 80bb headset out there so bb must be doing well. well, if out of the 80 only 500k is bb10 then it failed.

i hope bb10 is an excellent device. it will give consumer more choices, but with all those delay it is hurting them and they haven't really shown anything "WOW". people need to get wow especially if u make them wait.
    10-15-12 03:59 PM
    i don't think anyone said wp7 have been selling like hotcake. everyone knows bb is number 3. we are talking about wp8 here, not wp7. how much marketing did they do wp7? and how much are they planning for wp8?

ppl are saying wp8 will outsell bb10. that's what matter now. u think RIM cares about older device getting sold? even if they sold 2m or whatever last quarter, they still in the red. it obviously means they didn't make money from selling the 2m.

also, lets say if they remain number 3 if you add up all the older device. i don't think people care about that stats. people only care about recent stats, as in how much wp8 are sold compare to bb10. u think people be like, there are 80bb headset out there so bb must be doing well. well, if out of the 80 only 500k is bb10 then it failed.

i hope bb10 is an excellent device. it will give consumer more choices, but with all those delay it is hurting them and they haven't really shown anything "WOW". people need to get wow especially if u make them wait.
    Perhaps you should read who I quoted and what they said, and it will provide a frame of reference for my post you are quoting. Someone WP7 sold in "loads" in the US, and that simply is false. Also if you read my other posts in this thread I have clearly stated that lets wait till both are available and then see what happens with sales of both. There is plenty of opportunity for both WP8 and BB10 to get plenty of sales.
    10-15-12 07:38 PM
    Perhaps you should read who I quoted and what they said, and it will provide a frame of reference for my post you are quoting. Someone WP7 sold in "loads" in the US, and that simply is false. Also if you read my other posts in this thread I have clearly stated that lets wait till both are available and then see what happens with sales of both. There is plenty of opportunity for both WP8 and BB10 to get plenty of sales.
    It would help if you kept your responses factual and free from misinformation.

How did you read me saying "Nokia Lumias sold loads more than BBs on AT&T in the US market" to me saying WP7 sold 'loads' in the US market? They aren't nearly the same thing and what I said is CLEARLY a relative comparison.

Also, Nokia sold 600000 Lumias in the last quarter (Q2) and not in entirety since the Lumia 800 arrived.

Still not a big number, but we'll see how well the 920 does when it launches in a few weeks.
    10-16-12 03:13 AM
    Your friend isn't the only one of course....the negative feedback has been enormous, and so varied....from IT circles, efficiency experts....even Blizzard and Valve! It represents yet more obtuse decision making by MS....and with so many smart people being employed by them and decades of experience, it's almost unfathomable that they could still make such deeply-flawed products! In any case, I think it will be received similarly to Vista....slow uptake by people buying new PC's. It will be interesting to see what MS decides to do with the next Windows to compensate.
    I just got Windows 8 on my laptop. I hate to say it .................................. but i like it big times. Honestly after two days with Windows 8 I am yet to find one thing i do not like about it. Windows 8 is faster on my laptop. Windows 8 booting time is shorter. Right now it is almost instantaneous for my laptop to be ready from standby. Combination of Metro and desktop is really cool. There is learning curve indeed but once you learn it, it is easy. I love to load up my laptop and have weather, news ,everything i want right there on the screen. Switching back and forth is extra easy. Playing cut the rope on 13" screen is cool. Desktop feels cleaner because there is no start button. Downside is the app store that is limited to say it lightly. Microsoft executed Windows 8 on regular computers very well. I have Asus Ul30a which is over 2 year old laptop so by no means it has top specs at this point. Windows 8 certainly extended life of my laptop for another few years. It will be interesting to see how well it will be received once released to retail this month. Some "old" folks might see Windows 8 as too radical step forward.

Having said that Windows 8 does not make me drop BB and run and pick up Nokia phone. I am still getting BB10 but I am very happy with Windows 8 on my laptop.
    10-16-12 07:38 PM
    Microsoft is really making itself disservice by not providing Win8 upgrade to Win7.5 users. As principle I would switch to different mobile os. This is crazy to buy phone just few months ago and not being able to upgrade to the latest and greatest. I do not believe anyone was told that this would be the case. Windows 8 is cool on my laptop but i can see some Win 7.5 users switching to BB phones now.
    10-16-12 07:44 PM
    Microsoft is really making itself disservice by not providing Win8 upgrade to Win7.5 users. As principle I would switch to different mobile os. This is crazy to buy phone just few months ago and not being able to upgrade to the latest and greatest. I do not believe anyone was told that this would be the case. Windows 8 is cool on my laptop but i can see some Win 7.5 users switching to BB phones now.
    I agree, but how is RIM any different? The last 3 OS upgrades would not work on older phones in most cases?
    10-16-12 08:06 PM
    WP7 owners are getting 7.8 which is alot of the main wp8 features like the new start screen.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk 2
    10-16-12 08:16 PM
    WP7 owners are getting 7.8 which is alot of the main wp8 features like the new start screen.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk 2
    Interesting. What BB10 features will BB7 owners be getting?
    10-16-12 08:43 PM
    that's funny I have seen dozens with a wp7, and not a single one I know...They'll be easier to spot soon enough though as it's the only phone with an actual option of colours
    11-08-12 10:46 AM
86 ... 234